meeting spot in HKG airport upon arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, LUV A-List, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond!

Hello all! Myself and three friends will be visiting Hong Kong for the first time next week, October 14th. I am flying American and my friends United. Is there a super easy spot for all of us to meet in the airport upon arrival? We arrive within 30 minutes of each other around 6pm.

Thank you!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Arrivals hall has McDonalds almost right in the middle. Or Starbucks at the far LEFT side of the arrivals hall after you get out of customs into the meet and greet area.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:35 am

Assuming you all plan to take AirportExpress train into town, meet at their counter -- smack in middle of arrival hall
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dtsm
Assuming you all plan to take AirportExpress train into town, meet at their counter -- smack in middle of arrival hall
There are two, assuming you're talking about the circular counters; one in Hall A and one in Hall B.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Arrivals hall has McDonalds almost right in the middle. Or Starbucks at the far LEFT side of the arrivals hall after you get out of customs into the meet and greet area.
Or the Center Elevator/Escalator area.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
much better to meet under the biplane in Hall B
you can sit down on the marbled raised area a few meters away with a clear view of the biplane
after the recent McDonalds food scandal in HKG I resent anyone offering them business
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marco Polo
much better to meet under the biplane in Hall B
you can sit down on the marbled raised area a few meters away with a clear view of the biplane
after the recent McDonalds food scandal in HKG I resent anyone offering them business
No food is 100% safe when you eat out in HK.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:54 am

There are two, assuming you're talking about the circular counters; one in Hall A and one in Hall B.
I stand corrected, thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by MrNagy
Hello all! Myself and three friends will be visiting Hong Kong for the first time next week, October 14th. I am flying American and my friends United. Is there a super easy spot for all of us to meet in the airport upon arrival? We arrive within 30 minutes of each other around 6pm.

Thank you!
since you arrive within 30 minutes chances are you probably can meet up before immigration just pick E1 or E2 airline desk areas beforehand and meet up and then go thru immigration together
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flights coming from the US can be 45-min early to few hours late, and I certainly won't want my unclaimed luggage keep circling around the carousel.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:14 am

Flights coming from the US can be 45-min early to few hours late, and I certainly won't want my unclaimed luggage keep circling around the carousel.
There are numerous places at arrival hall to sit down and wait/meet. I second rkkwan suggestion to go through formalities alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.