Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Airport express bag drop

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Smile HK Airport express bag drop

If I buy a HK airport express train ticket around midday, can I leave my check in luggage with them and go back out to HK and explore? Minus my heavy luggage

My Emirates flight isn't until 12 midnight.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:38 am

yes that is possible with the normal check in luggage. Not sure what you mean with heavy luggage? Hand luggaage can also be stored at the Express station.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Chaosmax
yes that is possible with the normal check in luggage. Not sure what you mean with heavy luggage? Hand luggaage can also be stored at the Express station.
Where exactly is this? I've used their store luggage facility at T2 but wasn't aware of anything at Airport Express Station?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:25 pm

cannot remeber exactly but for Kowloon Station I think it is on the right hand side if you stand in front of the check in.
You will find more info here :http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/se...ations_hk.html
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
HK station luggage storage is one level down in the corner at the end of the shopping arcade.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
If I buy a HK airport express train ticket around midday, can I leave my check in luggage with them and go back out to HK and explore? Minus my heavy luggage

IIRC, you can check in up to 24 hours before your flight including checking baggage, depending on the airline. That is, you can check in the day prior to your flight.

Strictly speaking, when you buy the AE ticket doesn't matter. What matters is when you put it in the turnstile to do the city check-in. The check-in counters are guarded by turnstiles that require an AE ticket (or will deduct the AE fare from an Octopus card). After checking in, you leave that area. You then have 24 hours to actually catch the AE train to the airport. If you use the same ticket to enter the train departure area within 24 hours, you won't be charged again. This isn't a "loophole" but a published feature of using the AE in combination with city check-in.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Delicious information, more than I asked & WAY more help than the Emirates rep, thanks
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just be sure to double check that your airline permits advanced check in and bag drop at an airport express station. Not all airlines participate. Also, be aware that a general contract worker, who IME is pretty good, does the check in except for the separate line for CX. There aren't elite or premium cabin lines, except possibly for CX.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot

That's exactly what we did last time. We checked in all the luggage at the Hong Kong Airport Express station in the morning for the midnight flight. We also didn't using the Hong Kong Airport Express station train to get to the airport.. we were at Kowloon at the time and use the one in Kowloon. We asked ahead of time, and because the HK station AE ticket is the most expansive one, we could use it at any AE stations to get to the airport.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some airline will take same day at AEX opening time. Some airline would only do it within so much time of their departure, these are airlines with limited daily flights out of HKG

Saying that it could be done without mentioning the airline make the data point irrelevant.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Official list:

http://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/en/services/itci.pdf
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Sorry for digging up an old thread. but this might be useful if somebody is travelling from HK.

We got to HK central train station and found the small row of Airport check in counters on the ground level floor, immediately as you enter the station (the platforms are on the lower floors). You need to buy a train ticket before you enter the check in area to check your bag in. When we were there the check in staff were absolutely miserable and insisted that we remove 1kg of extra weight from the bag. We checked the bag on the counter next to her, which was within the limit (1kg under) but she was having none of it.

After checking in our bags, we left and went to Maxims Palace in city hall (just behind the station) for some traditional dimsum. We had a few hours to kill so did some shopping across the road and went up to the roof bars for some drinks.

We were given our boarding tickets at the train station and we already had our train tickets after buying them before reaching the check in counter.

The train to HK airport was fast and comfortable, the train drops you right inside the airport and not having to q to check in at the airport was nice. Just walk right in, which felt a big odd. But it was very nice having no baggage to lug to the airport and being able to go out and enjoy our last few hours in HK, instead of wasting it in an airport lounge which could be anywhere.

I would recommend checking in to a flight from HK and travelling by train. But dont expect any kind of decent service from these miserable colonial hangups.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is not colonial hangup but rather sub-contractors following the book.

Only CX in town check-in are staff by the airline's staff.

All others are contracted to Jardine air service employee. They follow each airline's rules down to the dot of the i and cross of the t.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:35 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I don't think CX goes around removing 1KG so I assume its a JASL. Horrible company. Won't tell me where the oversized luggage is and tries to hurry people onto planes. One time I pretended I wasn't on their flight and another time I faked a cramp.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Dear FT's,

I have a flight scheduled from JFK to SGN with overnight layover in HKG (from 3pm – 10am next day), both with CX. I've read through various threads, but still haven't found the answer. My plan was to pick up my luggage when I arrive at HKG, take the AEX to Kowloon, then check in my luggage with CX at the Kowloon station. My question is that will the luggage be travel on the same flight with me to SGN or will CX put my luggage on the next flight available to SGN? I searched flight aware, and noticed that CX operates five daily flights to SGN, and since there are many thefts reported at SGN, I don't feel safe to have my luggage sitting in SGN overnight.

Thanks,

Q

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.