Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Airport express bag drop

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
It goes on same flight as you. No reason for them to shop ahead as you can always un-checkin, cancel, etc.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rkkwan
It goes on same flight as you. No reason for them to shop ahead as you can always un-checkin, cancel, etc.
Thank you rkkwan!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
We have a 6pm flight out of HK, and we would like to go see the Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau that day. We will be staying on HK Island. Does it make sense to check the bags at the airport express, ride the AE and then take the bus to/from Tung Chung from there?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
We have a 6pm flight out of HK, and we would like to go see the Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau that day. We will be staying on HK Island. Does it make sense to check the bags at the airport express, ride the AE and then take the bus to/from Tung Chung from there?
You're wasting time. I assume there are two or even more of you. Just buy ONE airport express ticket and have one person do the in-town check-in. Then forfeit the ticket and just ride the Tung Chung Line train for the cable car; or even take the ferry to Mui Wo and do a loop, ending in Tung Chung late in the day for the airport.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
You're wasting time. I assume there are two or even more of you. Just buy ONE airport express ticket and have one person do the in-town check-in.
This may or may not work, depending on how many bags they have to check and what the per-passenger free checked bag allowance is for their airline tickets. Even a single extra checked bag fee is likely to be way more than an extra AE ticket.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
You're wasting time. I assume there are two or even more of you. Just buy ONE airport express ticket and have one person do the in-town check-in. Then forfeit the ticket and just ride the Tung Chung Line train for the cable car; or even take the ferry to Mui Wo and do a loop, ending in Tung Chung late in the day for the airport.
That's a good idea and will save some money. There are two of us, can definitely check bags for no charge. We will have some hand luggage but it looks like they have storage right at Ngong Ping so that is perfect. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.