HKG arrival fast track service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
HKG arrival fast track service

Dear all,

I'm arriving on Saturday in HKG with KL in J from AMS. I'd like to know what's the approximate waiting time at immigration in the afternoon (arrival at 4:15PM)?

If it's above 45min, I'd be willing to book a fast track service. Didn't find much except asiafasttrack and pearlassist. Both have cheap looking websites so I don't really know what to expect.

Any piece of advice is welcome.

Many thanks

Paul
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Immigration claims that it continues to meet its target of clearing 95% of visitors arriving at the airport immigration desks within 15 minutes. Tourist numbers are down a bit at the moment and the height of summer isn't peak time, so I think you'd be pretty unlucky not to get through within 15 minutes.

The major peaks they refer to where times stretch a lot are at the land borders during CNY etc.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by christep
Immigration claims that it continues to meet its target of clearing 95% of visitors arriving at the airport immigration desks within 15 minutes. Tourist numbers are down a bit at the moment and the height of summer isn't peak time, so I think you'd be pretty unlucky not to get through within 15 minutes.

The major peaks they refer to where times stretch a lot are at the land borders during CNY etc.
In that case, perfect! I'm saving 100USD and I don't wait much.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
In that case, perfect! I'm saving 100USD and I don't wait much.

Many thanks!
Why not enroll in channel upon arrival?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the fast track service at HKG merely involved meet-and-greet at the gate and personal transit to immigration -- but no special treatment once you reached the immigration queue.

Is that right still or was it right ever?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Why not enroll in channel upon arrival?
OP's question indicated s/he may not be a frequent HK visitor so I don't think its worth the time to enroll the e-chanell.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
OP's question indicated s/he may not be a frequent HK visitor so I don't think its worth the time to enroll the e-chanell.
Fair enough, but eChannel enrollment can take as little as 5 minutes.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by moondog
Fair enough, but eChannel enrollment can take as little as 5 minutes.
Not everyone qualifies for eChannel: You have to have had 3 arrivals in the past year, or be a member of certain frequent flyer programs, possibly at a certain elite level.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by christep

Au contraire. This past Friday nite it took *well* over an hour to pass thru immigration at HKG. But YMMV.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Steve M
Not everyone qualifies for eChannel: You have to have had 3 arrivals in the past year, or be a member of certain frequent flyer programs, possibly at a certain elite level.
Has to be elite and has to be an airline that they have an agreement with. I enrolled with my UA Silver card.

The nice thing is that it can be used at land crossings too, but last time I crossed at Lo Wu I had to scan the barcode they stuck on the back and wait for someone to come by and check my passport, as opposed to at the airport where I can scan the identity page and be on my way.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by jamar
Has to be elite and has to be an airline that they have an agreement with. I enrolled with my UA Silver card.

The nice thing is that it can be used at land crossings too, but last time I crossed at Lo Wu I had to scan the barcode they stuck on the back and wait for someone to come by and check my passport, as opposed to at the airport where I can scan the identity page and be on my way.
Huanggang doesn't have echannel for visitors of any variety but you still don't need to fill out forms there if you're enrolled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.