Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

refund of HKG taxes if connecting with separate tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

refund of HKG taxes if connecting with separate tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by kaka
although its clearly logged in the system, im not sure if CAD/IRD are interested in segregating these applications. Im not entirely sure what you/they do with a 120hkd refund for foreign addresses either - send you a cheque?
If anyone apart from me on this thread actually bothered to read the form that I keep linking you would find the options for payment!
Old May 16, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Does anyone know if I purchased CX ticket via BAEC with same-day transfer connection in HKG, will that still work for 120 HKD refund? I.e. it's a single ticket, not two separate. And it is slightly cheaper in taxes than two separate tickets for same fights. It looks like BAEC could be deducting those 120 HKD at the time of purchase, but I am not sure.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Does anyone know if I purchased CX ticket via BAEC with same-day transfer connection in HKG, will that still work for 120 HKD refund? I.e. it's a single ticket, not two separate. And it is slightly cheaper in taxes than two separate tickets for same fights. It looks like BAEC could be deducting those 120 HKD at the time of purchase, but I am not sure.
Taxes are charged if you originate (including a stopover) in Hong Kong. If you have a through ticket it is unlikely you have been charged the tax in the first place, so no refund due.
seawolf and barracuda93 like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:06 pm

Note that the pricey Airport Construction Fee, imposed since 2016, DOES apply to transit/transfer passengers, though at a slightly reduced rate for economy transit/transfer passengers to short-haul destinations. (Based on the definition of "transit," you pay the fee even if you stay on the aircraft while it makes a stop at Hong Kong in route to its final destination.)

Airport Construction Fee, Departures - Hong Kong International Airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.