Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Cheung Chau BUN festival questions

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
2014 Cheung Chau BUN festival questions

Not going to be able to attend the Cheung Chau Bun festival competition on May 6th for lack of travel planning! I just wonder if there is anything worth going there this afternoon and evening on Sunday, May 4th, or tomorrow Monday, May 5th during the day?

What time is the last ferry coming back to the Hong Kong Island? Is it going to be crowds so I should buy the return ticket in advance if I decide to go?

EDITED: ah! Look like it is going to be rainy days for the next couple days in Hong Kong :-(

Last edited by lax2010; May 3, 2014 at 9:25 pm
Old May 3, 2014, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Regular ferry schedule here. I don't think there should be much extra crowds today and tomorrow, and they don't sell advanced tickets.

http://www.nwff.com.hk/eng/fare_tabl...l-cheung_chau/
Old May 4, 2014, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Regular ferry schedule here. I don't think there should be much extra crowds today and tomorrow, and they don't sell advanced tickets.

http://www.nwff.com.hk/eng/fare_tabl...l-cheung_chau/
Thanks for the info! Decided not going there in this on and off rainy weather. Not sure if there is any special thing that is really worth going this weekend anyway!

Last edited by lax2010; May 4, 2014 at 5:21 am
Old May 4, 2014, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Went on Friday to pick up some buns. It was pretty crowded. The return ferry filled up before everybody who wanted to get on was able to. It is the most crowded pre-bun festival I've ever seen it.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Arriving HK airport at 7PM 5/25/2015, is it still worth (not too late) rushing to Cheung-Chau for the bun festival this year?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by lax2010
Arriving HK airport at 7PM 5/25/2015, is it still worth (not too late) rushing to Cheung-Chau for the bun festival this year?
The more interesting thing is the parade in the afternoon. If you go that late, all you'll see (if you can get close enough) is the the rushing of the "bun hill", which starts at 11:30p. No problem getting there as there will be plenty of empty ferries heading into Cheung Chau in the evening. Personally, I would pass.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
The more interesting thing is the parade in the afternoon. If you go that late, all you'll see (if you can get close enough) is the the rushing of the "bun hill", which starts at 11:30p. No problem getting there as there will be plenty of empty ferries heading into Cheung Chau in the evening. Personally, I would pass.
+1 ^
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by lax2010
+1 ^
and would it not be a little bit of a mess getting back to HKG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.