Search

3 hour layover.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
3 hour layover.

CX 650 comes in at 10:55 and my next CX 360 departs at 13:55

Given this interval, can I do Citygate and still make it back to airport in time?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Below is an approximate timeline on how it may go:
10:55 land
11:25 exit immigration
11:45 get to Citygate
{one hour at Citygate}
12:45 leave Citygate
12:55 enter airport
13:15 get to gate

The above assumes that you are not departing/arriving at Gate 69 or other gates at the end of the airport, that immigration lines are short (can take 30mins occassionally), that you get a taxi almost immediately. So, you will have an hour at Citygate. Is that enough time to "do" Citygate?- depends on what you need to do, but I would think it is really a lot of wasted time for no real benefit.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Free agent!
I would only consider this if OP holds a HKID card. If not, it seems to cut a bit too close that the slightest cock up will potentially cause a missed connection.

Last edited by kevincrumbs; Apr 2, 2014 at 2:47 pm Reason: Grammar.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Too little time. Anything that disrupts your travel outside of the airport will highly make you miss your flight.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I would only consider this if OP holds a HKID card. If not, it seems to cut a bit too close that the slightest cock up will potentially cause a missed connection.
e-Channel is just as fast IME.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I've done it once, some yrs back: 4 hour turn-around time. Met biz associates for important but short meeting at Citygate. And I hold HKID, had boarding pass for connecting flight.
Plenty of time to spare - no immigration lines in or out, only 'long line' was security at departure.
Old May 2, 2014, 3:39 am

my experience it is just so little time too... you can make it to citygate, but you don't have much time to shop around....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.