Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Causeway Bay MTR station

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Causeway Bay MTR station

Who designed this station and was he high at the time?

<engineer> Let's make the passengers go down one floor and make them walk up a long, upwards sloping walkway, that eventually exits in the middle of a shopping mall with no signs!
<manager> Here, Here!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Island Line precedes Time Square for a good number of years.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I also like how you can't connect between the A/B/C side and the D/E/F exits without entering the train platform itself. As mentioned, Causeway Bay MTR was built when CWB wasn't the CWB of today. I'm not a big fan of CWB in general, but there are some great restaurants in the area.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Island Line precedes Time Square for a good number of years.
And excuse for no signs on how to exit the shopping mall is?

Why don't they use escalators like every other station?

Why do passengers coming from Central have to go down to the lower platform only to come back up in a upwards slanted walkway?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wharf built the connector to the MTR. I think that should answer all the questions and complaints you have.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Shimon
Who designed this station and was he high at the time?

<engineer> Let's make the passengers go down one floor and make them walk up a long, upwards sloping walkway, that eventually exits in the middle of a shopping mall with no signs!
<manager> Here, Here!
Think about it... the engineer who designed a system that left thousands and thousands of visitors (not locals because locals would know their way out) stranded in the middle of a huge shipping center without any direction to get out... I would call him/her a genius.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:14 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Pickles
I also like how you can't connect between the A/B/C side and the D/E/F exits without entering the train platform itself. As mentioned, Causeway Bay MTR was built when CWB wasn't the CWB of today. I'm not a big fan of CWB in general, but there are some great restaurants in the area.
There's another station where that's the case...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deathscar
There's another station where that's the case...
Not including the Byzantine East Rail stations, I can think of at least TWO in the urban lines that require going through the platforms to get between some exits.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I always get lost in the Elements Mall going to/from the Airport Express station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.