butterfly hotel chain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

butterfly hotel chain

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Butterfly was one of the hotels I considered, but the price on iClub was too good to pass up. Solid 3 star for less than $100USD in Central, right smack in the middle of everything? Sold. (I've stayed in 4 places in Central at around that price point: Mingle on the Wing, the Harbourview, Ibis Sheung Wan, and Regal iClub, with the iClub being the best overall IMO).

But I largely agree with you- if you're not looking for the fancy hotel lounge and are mostly looking for a clean room to sleep in without the attendant costs for 5 star service, the local chains are where it's at.
Hmm, for those who live in and around central HK, we all know what Mingle on the Wing is........

Dear OP, I suggest you DO NOT stay there (unless you need a quick one hour "rest").
Old May 27, 2013, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Distilled

I am not tied down to one "class" of hotel or anything in specific, in fact I like a bit of variety when I travel. I am more concerned with specific attributes that lead me to book one or another. While I was planning on staying island side the whole time, a couple of discussions with people led me to believe that the Kowloon view is not to be missed, so I booked a harbor view suite at the IC since it sounds like that is one of the best (and hopefully reliable) views which we will enjoy for the first two nights.
Since you really like the view and have the money, why not spend at least 1 night at the Ritz ? That is the best view of all hotels in Hong Kong. I am sure by now you have seen reviews from all travel sites and magazines with photos showing the view up in the rooms on the 117th floor and dine at the 103rd floor ?

You don't even get that kind of "view" at the IC.
Old May 27, 2013, 2:00 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i personally like IC's view better than Ritz. to me, nothing beats a harbour side view with a vantage point from low down. ritz is too high up, not to mention you might be over cloud/fog.

also, is there a new regal iclub? the iclub is at Johnston Road/ Hennesey Road and is 20 min tram to central. a good hotel nevertheless tho
Old May 28, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by theworld
Hmm, for those who live in and around central HK, we all know what Mingle on the Wing is........

Dear OP, I suggest you DO NOT stay there (unless you need a quick one hour "rest").
Do we, now?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...den-hong-kong/

I can tell you I wasn't using that room for "short time", as it were. I doubt that sbm12 was, either. Is that what you are implying?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Looks like I was able to pick up Butterfly on Waterfront for $85 USD a night all in in early January on Agoda.

Sold! Yes, I know the rooms will be tiny. It's just me traveling, I like that it's close to an early A11 stop from the airport and Lin Heung Kui, pretty easy to get elsewhere on the island or elsewhere from there, and that price is hard to beat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.