Reload this Page >

HKIA Hong Kong Airport - Post Office

Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer, Continental OnePass

Hi All,

I will have a transit through HKIA, I don't know which terminal, but I will have several hours. I'd like to post a small package (not letter envelope) to an address in Hong Kong while I am local.

Is there a post office that will accept small packages? I have looked online and have seen photographs of mail boxes with mail slots, which will be too small.

Also, is there a counter for me to pay for postage? Is credit card accepted as I will not have local HKD.

Many Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
All postal facilities are listed here.
They should accept CC but I know they accept EPS (but my postage usually isn't hundreds of dollars)

Last edited by AA_EXP09; Apr 1, 2013 at 4:19 pm Reason: I knew one of the electronic payment methods-my fault because I keep too many cards in my wallet.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:10 am
Suspended

There's a HK forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
It is not CX-related. I am moving this to the HKG forum.

cxfan1960
CX Mod
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: QF WP
There's a post office landside at the airport, if you can head there during its opening hours. Otherwise, ask very nicely at the lounge, they may be able to do it for you.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I think post office does not accept octopus nor credit card. They accept Hong Kong debit card system EPS only
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
I think post office does not accept octopus nor credit card. They accept Hong Kong debit card system EPS only
OP has a few hours in transit and can withdraw a small of HKD (local currency) landside and use it to pay for postage - for a small 1kg package shipped & delivered within HKG, it can be as little as under $20 HKD. Yeah, last time I went to do a certified mailing while transiting in HKG at the Yau Ma Tei postal, I don't recall Octopus Card being accepted and I just paid in local cash.

Or, s/he can - being from PVG - use RMB to buy something in one of the air/land-side shops and try to get enough change back in HKD to use it to pay for postage.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:36 pm

The post office accepts credit card only if you purchase Speedpost (international) or CourierPost (local) shipping options. CourierPost isn't that much more expensive than local parcel post, especially for small packages.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:21 am

The post office in the airport has longer opening hours than usual (maybe until 8pm?). Cash or EPS only.

It's landside though, so not sure what your visa arrangement is or if there's away of getting something posted airside.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:55 pm

airport post office open mon-sat 0800-2030
sun and holidays 0800-1700
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer, Continental OnePass
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Now replying from HKIA. The post office worked perfect. It's located behind aisle F of Terminal 1 Departures check-in. Accepts cash only (and HKD only, no RMB), where there is an HSBC ATM around the corner.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo, Aeroflot Bonus
Originally Posted by atlas_shrugged
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Now replying from HKIA. The post office worked perfect. It's located behind aisle F of Terminal 1 Departures check-in. Accepts cash only (and HKD only, no RMB), where there is an HSBC ATM around the corner.
Hi! I'm planning to post a medium-sized package (a box with shoes actually) from the post office that you've been using in HKIA. Could you advise if this would be possible? I see that you've been successful, but it's not clear from your message whether there is some machine (so only shipments which fit are accepted) or actual people accepting the shipments (so any shipments are accepted). Thanks! Gregory
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
It's a full-blown, if small, post office, with several manned counters. And by the way, the staff are extremely polite and proactive.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo, Aeroflot Bonus
Hi! Great to hear this, thanks a lot!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by gmoiseev
Hi! Great to hear this, thanks a lot!
Still located at the same place as described in post#11.

It's landside before security and departure immigration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.