I'm traveling with family in may: SFO-(HKG)-TPE-(HKG)
-SIN-HKG-SFO in may and was hoping for some help about minimum connection times at HKIA, in particular a transfer from HKG (on CX) to SIN (on jetstar).
As far as I understand, the minimum connection time is 60 mins, ~40-45 if connecting from one CX flight to another CX flight. After purchasing my HKG-SIN-HKG flight from Jetstar, I got an email with the following:
"To help us get your flight away on time, you must check-in for Domestic flights at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure or for International flights at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure. You will not be able to check-in after this time. Arrival after this time will result in you forfeiting the entire fare paid. You will be required to be at the boarding gate at least 25 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights. The aircraft will not be held for you if you arrive at the boarding gate after this time."
- 4 of us will be arriving at HKG from TPE at 12 (checked baggage), 2 of us will be arriving at HKG at 1:45pm (only carry-on baggage) - all on CX
- Jetstar flight leaves HKG at 2:50pm
1. Does HKG to SIN count as an international flight on Jetstar?
2. Is it possible to check-in (and get boarding passes) for the Jetstar flight before leaving TPE?
3. If we can't do #2, and if the flights HKG-SIN were purchased together, would we be able to check in the last 2 passengers for them when we arrive at HKG? And then can they quickly get their boarding passes printed in time to catch the connecting flight?
2. What is the procedure for flight transfers in HKIA? Will we need to go through security again? (In both instances - with/without checked baggage)
Bottom line - just trying to figure out if the last 2 passengers have enough time to catch the HKG-SIN flight (I assume the first 4 passengers shouldn't have a problem with time even with checked baggage?). If it is not enough time, we may need to buy another 2 tickets for an earlier flight... TPE-HKG tickets on CX booked with BA miles, and I believe it is quite expensive to cancel/change tickets.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE HELP!! I've read through many of the posts here and you guys are awesome with suggestions/replies!