Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Seafood, Po Tai O

Seafood, Po Tai O

Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Seafood, Po Tai O

When I was based in HK years ago, Po Tai O 布袋澳 (not the island, but at Clearwater Bay) was a decent un-touristy bet to go for good seaside seafood. A couple of years later, I wonder if those restaurants there are still good. I remember both, Fai Kee 发记酒家 and the other one, I forgot the name, served both good food with an ok price tag.

Openrice is pretty undecided on them and surprisingly a Lantau Island restaurant is in the lead for seaside seafood.

So, Hong Kongers, what's your opinion on the two Po Tai O restaurants and what restaurant would you recommend for seafood outside KWL and HK island right now?

Thank you!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:46 pm

They're affordable and the quality is good. It's less crowded since there are only 2 key restaurants, although I've read way too many incidents in the papers about Fai Kee to even consider them.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
I'll answer my own question and highly recommend Haixiandao restaurant. We had fantastic seafood (delicious crab included) for a pretty reasonable price. Make a resevation at weekends.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
They do have an English name: Seafood Island, and to make this thread easier to search in the future, the area is spelled Po Toi O.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.