HKG Arrivals, Landside: Where to have a beer?

Subscribe
In a couple of weeks I'll be arriving into HKG and I will have to wait for about 90 minutes for some friends to come in from London, before we all head off to our hotel together (land transport has been arranged).

This will be mid afternoon, so it would be nice to find somewhere where I can sit down and have a beer to pass the time.

I'm OWE, and flying in on CX, so I could use The Arrival, but I gather (!) there's no alcohol served. Is that right? And if so, any other suggestions?
Not that many options but I went Grappa's on Mezzanine / Level 8 last month
If it's literally just about beer, some of the restaurants there serve alc.

For example Crystal Jade La Mian Xia Long Bao in the arrivals hall near the exit to Airport Express train serve beer.

Ambiance sucks though if you're looking for a proper airport bar this won't be your best pick.
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think there's a Heineken bar at T2 next to the Chinese resturant? Bit far though
Try Regal Airport Hotel.

As this is not really related to CX, I am moving this over to the HK forum.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
IIRC The Arrival has one kind of canned beer. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing beer when I was there recently.
If all else fails, 7-11 sells beer by the can.
Quote: If all else fails, 7-11 sells beer by the can.
^ And unlike their name they are open 24/7.
Quote: ^ And unlike their name they are open 24/7.
The airport ones, yes. But not necessarily for other locations.
What is the best local beer?
Quote: What is the best local beer?
Philippine San Miguel

If you are looking for locally brewed check out http://www.elgrande.com.hk/outlets/H...eweryCB/page1/
is there anywhere at the airport that sells Typhoon T8 beer?
Quote: The airport ones, yes. But not necessarily for other locations.
Really? there are 7/11 in HKG not 24 hours?
Quote: Really? there are 7/11 in HKG not 24 hours?
Plenty! First, those inside MTR stations, apparently. But like one OUTSIDE the fare area at the Kam Sheung Rd station where I live. It closes around 0030, a good 15 minutes before the last train departs.

But the one I found most incredible was on the ground floor of one the government offices in N. Wan Chai. It was closing when I walked by around 6pm on a work day. Those government workers really empty out right at 5pm.
Quote: Plenty! First, those inside MTR stations, apparently. But like one OUTSIDE the fare area at the Kam Sheung Rd station where I live. It closes around 0030, a good 15 minutes before the last train departs.

But the one I found most incredible was on the ground floor of one the government offices in N. Wan Chai. It was closing when I walked by around 6pm on a work day. Those government workers really empty out right at 5pm.
Right, I was ignoring the ones inside MTR stations as the station closed 30 minutes after last train departed. But it is rared to find street level 7/11 that are not 24 hours.