Wiki Posts
Search

Scheme $6,000 MR?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Scheme $6,000 MR?

Anyone planning on a subsidized trip to Hong Kong under the Scheme $6,000 stimulus?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by silver-tls
Anyone planning on a subsidized trip to Hong Kong under the Scheme $6,000 stimulus?
What is that?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by lax2010
What is that?
http://www.scheme6000.gov.hk/
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
if you wait until April you get an extra HK$200!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mdevans
if you wait until April you get an extra HK$200!
Yes, but why not get it now - you never know what's going to happen.

I got mine without having to be there physically - even though I was there. Everything was taken care by online banking.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:52 am
Original Poster

If you have an HKID, I believe you can mail in the form and list a friend/relative's address. Once your check is ready they will mail a notice to the local address and you have 6 months to claim it at a post office or direct deposit into a bank account.

Most flights run about $1000 from the west coast so think of it as a $300 flight.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
Yes, but why not get it now - you never know what's going to happen.

I got mine without having to be there physically - even though I was there. Everything was taken care by online banking.
Exactly my thoughts. You never know if there will be delays or hiccups. $200HKD ($25 USD) isn't worth waiting another few months.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just use the 6000 to add on to my normally HKG-PVG flight to make it TPE-HKG-PVG instead. Earn me 2 sectors more per round trip and make MPC GOLD a lot faster.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Some HK bank with branches in Toronto will do it for a service charge of about $50. The money will be deposited into your account.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
The real factor to consider for the extra $200 is whether you'll be alive.

If you do direct deposit, you must be alive to be approved.

If you do the PO pick up, you must be alive to pick up the check.

I've just checked Air China again, they're still selling early 2012 low season for ~$840 LAX-HKG-LAX. You'll need either a foreign passport or a Home Return Permit.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:44 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by tentseller
Some HK bank with branches in Toronto will do it for a service charge of about $50. The money will be deposited into your account.
I have heard it's about $200 in LA. What a rip-off, IMHO!

LAX
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tentseller
Originally Posted by LAX
I have heard it's about $200 in LA. What a rip-off, IMHO!

LAX
Actually the $50 is only for the funds processing, then there is the transfer fee $35, account fee when closing the account within 1 yr of $25 or monthly account service charge of $7.50.
They are piggybacking on this to get new banking customers.

Many YYZ Chinese are taking advantage of the generosity of HK and PRC government by taking Hainan air YYZ-PEK/PVG-HKG return with stopover on the inbound/out bound($780 rt ai) to take advantage of the 8 days oversea Chinese special shopping(ooops I meant tour) package for $99 or $49.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:16 am

I luv HK....walked to post office with my letter, showed them my ID, signed off n got my check. Walked across the street to standard charter bank, 3 minutes later 6000 HK $$ richer!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by dtsm
I luv HK....walked to post office with my letter, showed them my ID, signed off n got my check. Walked across the street to standard charter bank, 3 minutes later 6000 HK $$ richer!
That's exactly what I did last month. No line at the post office at all. Donated $5k to local charity though and the rest on a local eatery with family. I feel like since I never paid HK income tax I just want to make sure spend the money locally.

Now I just need to tell my mom get both HK ($6K) and Macau ($7K) scheme since she was born and raised in Macau but live in HKG much of her life.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
The real factor to consider for the extra $200 is whether you'll be alive.

If you do direct deposit, you must be alive to be approved.

If you do the PO pick up, you must be alive to pick up the check.

I've just checked Air China again, they're still selling early 2012 low season for ~$840 LAX-HKG-LAX. You'll need either a foreign passport or a Home Return Permit.
AFAIK - Not really this case.

Basically, it stops counting when you apply. $6000 can be counted as inheritance, as soon as the person was alive when application is submitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.