Wiki Posts
Search

Eligibility For Home Return Permit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Eligibility For Home Return Permit

I've tried looking into government websites as well as several other sources. But have not been able to find a definite clear answer. As a matter of fact, I've been getting conflicting information. So I'll try asking here.

My aunt (who is ethnically Chinese and was born in HK) plans on traveling to Mainland China. She has a HK permanent Identity Card and a Canadian Passport. She does not have a HKSAR passport however. Is she eligible for the Home Return Permit or does she have to apply for a China Visa with a Canadian Passport?

Last edited by Wingfly; Jan 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
The only "authority" is CTSHK. Their information is here: http://www.ctshk.com/zhengjian/gangao.htm

If she had a HRP at one time, it's a lot simpler. Just the old document is good enough.

If she's a first time applicant, proof of Chinese nationality is required. An HKID is not good enough. The proof will normally be a HKSAR passport. This way the HK Government will confirm her Chinese nationality (which should be easy) and CTSHK will issue the HRP.

She can apply for the HKSAR passport in Canada at the Chinese embassy/consulates. HRP application can only be handled in HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.