Somewhere to relax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Somewhere to relax?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Somewhere to relax?

I'll be arriving from London, at 06.55, but check -in time for my hotel is in the afternoon. I've requested an early check - in, however it's not guaranteed. (The hotel has suggested that if my room isn't ready I could leave my luggage at the concierge.)
Is there somewhere at HKIA where I can freshen up and relax, before making my way to Kowloon?
Old May 24, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Kinda pricey, but there is a paid arrivals lounge: http://www.plaza-network.com/index.p...hong-kong.html
Old May 24, 2012, 11:34 am

Which property are you at? If it's a higher end property I'd think they'd let you check in earlier as long as there's a room. You could also call the hotel before your flight to see how the occupancy is the day of your arrival, then you can figure out if there'll be available rooms.

My experience is higher end hotels don't want to disappoint you, so they'll let you check in if there's a room. Lower end properties are stingy so they'll want to charge you a fee or extra night to check in the morning.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Long shot perhaps, but are you:
a) traveling in business or first ? and
b) if so could you shift from the BA flight to CX?
That would enable you to use the CX arrival lounge to at least freshen up before heading into town.

Last edited by Captain Schmidt; May 25, 2012 at 12:51 am
Old May 24, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Most hotels will at least let you use their gym facilities to shower and change if the room isnt available.
Old May 25, 2012, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Long shot perhaps, but are you:
a) traveling in business or first ? and
b) if so could you shift from the BA flight to CX?
That would enable you to use the CX arrival lounge to at least freshen up before heading into town.
Hello Captain Schmidt,
I'll be flying Club World. I'll have lounge access when I depart, but was wondering if I could use CX facilities when I arrive as it's a oneworld partner.
Cypress
Old May 25, 2012, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Kinda pricey, but there is a paid arrivals lounge: http://www.plaza-network.com/index.p...hong-kong.html
Hello rkkwan,

Thanks for that. Having read your recommendation, I visited their site. If all else fails I may end up wandering in.

Cypress
Old May 25, 2012, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Noodlesz
Which property are you at? If it's a higher end property I'd think they'd let you check in earlier as long as there's a room. You could also call the hotel before your flight to see how the occupancy is the day of your arrival, then you can figure out if there'll be available rooms.

My experience is higher end hotels don't want to disappoint you, so they'll let you check in if there's a room. Lower end properties are stingy so they'll want to charge you a fee or extra night to check in the morning.
Thank you, Noodlesz. Shall consider calling the hotel first before I set off.
Cypress
Old May 25, 2012, 8:40 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Cypress
Hello Captain Schmidt,
I'll be flying Club World. I'll have lounge access when I depart, but was wondering if I could use CX facilities when I arrive as it's a oneworld partner.
Cypress
I'm afraid OW J access does not apply to CX's The Arrival - "Note 2" on http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...e?cityCode=HKG does not apply to Lounge 6 (The Arrival).

If coming over on BA then you need to be BA Gold (OW Emerald).

The Plaza Premium Lounge in the Arrival Hall is your only other choice at HKG. I'd go for the shower package and then head off to Crystal Jade back in terminal 1 arrival hall for great food at much less than $100. Wifi is available throughout the terminal.
Old May 26, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

CX arrival facility is restricted to OW EM arriving on CX/KA metal, as the poster is arriving on BA Club World he won't have access
Old May 26, 2012, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
I'm afraid OW J access does not apply to CX's The Arrival - "Note 2" on http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...e?cityCode=HKG does not apply to Lounge 6 (The Arrival).

If coming over on BA then you need to be BA Gold (OW Emerald).

The Plaza Premium Lounge in the Arrival Hall is your only other choice at HKG. I'd go for the shower package and then head off to Crystal Jade back in terminal 1 arrival hall for great food at much less than $100. Wifi is available throughout the terminal.
Mmmm, shall give it some thought. Thanks for that.
Cypress
Old May 27, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
The Regal Hotel Hong Kong Aiport and their Spa is your friend. They have basic packages for showers, sauna and swimming in the indoor and outdoor pools or then more costly ones including various massages.

http://www.regalhotel.com/Regal-Airp.../main/Spa.aspx
Old May 28, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mosburger
The Regal Hotel Hong Kong Aiport and their Spa is your friend. They have basic packages for showers, sauna and swimming in the indoor and outdoor pools or then more costly ones including various massages.

http://www.regalhotel.com/Regal-Airp.../main/Spa.aspx
Did look at the site, but could only see the spa prices; they were rather steep. Thanks all the same.
Cypress
Old May 29, 2012, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I'd say email the hotel and ask if they have gym facilities that you could use before checking in... if not then yea those arrivals facilities at HKIA would help.
Old May 30, 2012, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka
I'd say email the hotel and ask if they have gym facilities that you could use before checking in... if not then yea those arrivals facilities at HKIA would help.
It has a swimming pool and that's it.
I think I'll contact the hotel when I arrive and, if the room isn't ready, wander down to the Arrivals Lounge which was recommended.
Then again if I turn up, I might be upgraded if the room's not ready. (This will be my third stay at the hotel.)
C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.