Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong to Macau ferries?

Hong Kong to Macau ferries?

Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rkkwan
I feel that a self walk is good enough. The Macanese Govenment has nice maps and brochures on the World Heritage sites that have enough information for most visitors.
Thanks if you say so thats good enough for me , you were top notch yrs ago when I went for my only previous trip to HKG, so Im not about to doubt you now
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by craz
Thanks if you say so thats good enough for me , you were top notch yrs ago when I went for my only previous trip to HKG, so Im not about to doubt you now
Yeah. Either self tour or pre-arrange some historian to give you much more detailed info. A guide at the pier, or worse, with a group will be a waste of your time. You should also start at the Museu de Macau at the Monte Fortress. It is quite nice and informative. Will give you some good background info before you go see the actual sites.

It opens kind of late at 10a and closes on Mondays. If you get there early, just visit the St Paul Ruins and the grounds of the Monte Fortress first, before seeing the exhibits inside.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:09 am
Suspended

Yeah. Either self tour or pre-arrange some historian to give you much more detailed info. A guide at the pier, or worse, with a group will be a waste of your time. You should also start at the Museu de Macau at the Monte Fortress. It is quite nice and informative. Will give you some good background info before you go see the actual sites.

It opens kind of late at 10a and closes on Mondays. If you get there early, just visit the St Paul Ruins and the grounds of the Monte Fortress first, before seeing the exhibits inside.
well time to redo my plans, was thinking of going on a Mon since I arrive in HKG Weds night and Fri and Sat arent open by me and they say Sun is a busy day with the ferrys, but looks like I dont have much of a choice . Have a Mon 10pm flight out so I will have to find other things to do to kill my time other then checking out Macau, and theres plenty to do in HKG

btw Id be tickled pink if I made it to Macau by 10am and would love to catch a 10AMish ferry from HKG

well looks like my Sun is now all planned out,lol
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The museum is not a must. Just a good intro. You can and should still try to make it to Macau.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:59 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Has anyone tried the Cotai VIP cabin or the TurboJET Premier Jetfoil VIP Cabin? What extra services are offered, to distinguish these form the "first" or "super" class cabins?

Last edited by EsquireFlyer; Apr 2, 2015 at 2:22 pm
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Has anyone tried the Cotai VIP cabin or the TurboJET Premier Jetfoil VIP Cabin? What extra services are offered, to distinguish these form the "first" or "super" class cabins?
Never tried. We just take the cheapest option for this 1 hour ride.

From the website description, it sounds like you get your own private cabin, with complimentary food and drink.

---------------
COTAI VIP CABIN
(private salon): Our private cabin suits the needs of a traveler seeking ultimate privacy. Step into a world of luxury and unrivalled service, with our eight seater VIP cabin complimentary food and drinks for your enjoyment.
-----------------

http://www.cotaiwaterjet.com/our-ferries.html
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
If I recall correctly, the TurboJet VIP Cabin costs exactly the same as the same number of seats in their Super Class on their hydrofoils; the jetfoil Premier VIP Cabin costs about one fare more than Premier Grand Class.

I'm told that the hydrofoil cabin is exactly that: a private cabin, but with the same service. The website says that |p\remier VIP Cabin passengers get champagne and the like.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
It's a wash. First, Cotaijet from HK Island to Taipa isn't that frequent, especially in the evening. From 20:00 onwards, it's only once an hour. If you cannot make the 19:50 ferry from HKG, it's unlikely you'll make the 20:00 one.

So, you take the 21:00 ferry direct to Taipa. Though it's closer to the hotel, the sailing time is a little bit longer than from HKG, so total time you save is still just an hour compared to the 22:00 ferry from HKG.

Is getting to your hotel an hour early worth the trouble of going through two sets of immigration, claiming and hauling luggage all the way to HK Island, and so on? To me, no; even if it's ultra-boring sitting at HKG for 2 hours.

Anyways, there's no lounge you can access if you do the ferry from HKG. All your understandings are correct. Before you get to ferry ticket counter at arrivals, there's Pacific Coffee. And at Skypier, there's Starbucks. That's about it.
Sorry, I don't mean to bump an old thread, but I have a question regarding this:

I arrive on AC007 from YVR to HKG at 17:05. I am 99% sure I won't catch the 17:15 TurboJet from SkyPier to Macau. Which means I need to wait for the 20:15 sailing into Macau.

Given the wait, are there any food / restaurants available or am I stuck with what I believe is 7-11 at SkyPier? I take it that there's no real point going into HK Island to catch the ferries there, huh? I'll have checked baggage for sure and will be traveling with someone. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:18 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/s...astf/supr.html
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/s...este/paci.html
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:33 am

Macau->HKIA Requirements

Hi Folks,

How do people typically provide the below requirement short of having checked in online and printed their (not really a) 'boarding pass?

Documented proof of holding a confirmed seat must be presented. Itinerary is not acceptable.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I showed them my e-ticket and that was fine, but interestingly the travel agent I bought the ticket from in the first place (in the hotel in Macau) wanted the e-ticket too and I think they took a bunch of details down (probably including the ticket number).
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Given the wait, are there any food / restaurants available or am I stuck with what I believe is 7-11 at SkyPier? I take it that there's no real point going into HK Island to catch the ferries there, huh? I'll have checked baggage for sure and will be traveling with someone. Thanks in advance!
With that kind of wait I would be tempted to go into town although it'll save you less than an hour I guess. If it gets you to the closer ferry terminal in Macau however that would be worth something.

There are also a couple of restaurants before you go down the escalator to the skypier if you decide to stay at the airport.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Thanks Swiss Tony.

Is it a real pain to drag luggage from Hong Kong MTR Station to the ferry terminal in HK?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Thanks Swiss Tony.

Is it a real pain to drag luggage from Hong Kong MTR Station to the ferry terminal in HK?
It might sound counter intuitive but your best bet is going to be to take the A11 bus as it's motorway pretty much all the way and it drops off right outside the Shun Tak centre (1st stop after the tunnel).

If you take the train into town you'll then have the haul to the MRT station, to then go just one stop. It's an easy walk along an elevated pathway - but not so much with luggage in the rush hour!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I agree with Swiss Tony. Take the bus if you want to get the Macau Ferry from Shun Tak and have luggage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.