Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 30, 10, 1:08 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1P, DL, AA
Posts: 25
Purchasing an iPhone 4 during business trip

I will be traveling to Hong Kong for business in December, and would like to buy an unlocked iPhone 4 from a local Apple store. It seems that the Apple stores rarely have any stock due to the high demand at this time. I was hoping the demand would be less during December, but I'm not counting on it.

I was thinking about ordering a phone from the online Apple store, and shipping it to a hotel. My hotel says they can receive packages for me, but I'm not sure that Apple would ship there. Has anybody tried having the phone shipped to a hotel? Any suggestions would be appreciated to obtaining the elusive HK iPhone 4.

Last edited by sleepytraveler; Sep 30, 10 at 11:51 pm..
sleepytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 10, 8:57 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: HKG, BOS
Programs: CX GR, UA Plat, AF/KL FB Plat, TK Elite (*G), SK EBG, HX Gold, Hyatt Plat, A|Club Plat
Posts: 2,591
There's still a small backlog in Hong Kong for the iPhone 4 (already far less than the demand in August / September) but you should be able to buy it on-site in Mong Kok. However, be prepared to pay a premium if you decide to purchase it there.

Why not call Apple to ask about the delivery procedure?
toyotaboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 10, 11:52 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1P, DL, AA
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95 View Post
There's still a small backlog in Hong Kong for the iPhone 4 (already far less than the demand in August / September) but you should be able to buy it on-site in Mong Kok. However, be prepared to pay a premium if you decide to purchase it there.

Why not call Apple to ask about the delivery procedure?
What is the premium on an iPhone 4 in Mong Kok? I will call Apple and see what they say.
sleepytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 10, 8:38 am   #4
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grounded in Hong Kong
Programs: Marriott PL, SPG GO, CX GR, SAS Gold
Posts: 3,189
When I last saw it its +HKD800.

As you are coming in Dec 2010 I will say you should be safe, you can come back to here and ask again which people here (me inclusive) will be OK to help you to buy and sell you at what apple charge us for the sake of CC points
ChrisLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 10, 7:52 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1P, DL, AA
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLi View Post
When I last saw it its +HKD800.

As you are coming in Dec 2010 I will say you should be safe, you can come back to here and ask again which people here (me inclusive) will be OK to help you to buy and sell you at what apple charge us for the sake of CC points
Thanks for offer. I'll ask sometime in November to see what inventory is like in the Apple stores.
sleepytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 10, 11:59 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,445
Maybe a few weeks before arriving to HK, I suggest you contact an authorised reseller:

http://www.apple.com/hk/en/reseller/index.php

Put in an order for the iphone and when you arrive to HK, you could just pick it up from the reseller.
theworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 10, 4:31 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, ANA Mileage Club, SPG Plat
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworld View Post
Maybe a few weeks before arriving to HK, I suggest you contact an authorised reseller:

http://www.apple.com/hk/en/reseller/index.php

Put in an order for the iphone and when you arrive to HK, you could just pick it up from the reseller.
Has anyone done this successfully?
abraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:28 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.