Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GoSh4rks
Unofficial List of FFPs eligible for e-Channel as of January 21, 2017:

1. oneworld

American Airlines (AA) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum Pro*/Executive Platinum/ConciergeKey
British Airways (BA) - Silver/Gold/Premier
Cathay Pacific/DragonAir (CX/KA) – Green#/Silver/Gold/Diamond
Finnair (AY) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/VIP
Japan Airlines (JL) - Crystal/Sapphire/Diamond/JGC Card/JGC Sapphire/JGC Premier
Malaysia Airlines (MH) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Qantas Airways (QF) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum One*/Chairman’s Lounge
Qatar Airways (QR) - Gold/Platinum*
S7 Airlines (S7) - Silver/Gold/Platinum

2. SkyTeam

Air France/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (AF/KL) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/Club 2000/Club 2000 Skipper
China Airlines (CI) - Gold/Emerald/Paragon
China Southern Airlines (CZ) – Silver Card/Gold Card
Delta Air Lines (DL) - Silver Medallion!/Gold Medallion!/Platinum Medallion!/Diamond Medallion!
Garuda Indonesia Airlines (GA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Korean Air (KE) - Morning Calm/Morning Calm Premium/Million Miler

3. Star Alliance

Air Canada (AC) - Prestige 25K!/Elite 35K!/Elite 50K*/Elite 75K*/Super Elite 100K!
Air China (CA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Air New Zealand (NZ) - Silver/Gold/Elite
All Nippon Airways (NH) - Bronze/Platinum/Diamond/Super Flyer Club
Asiana Airlines (OZ) - Gold/Diamond/Diamond Plus/Platinum
Ethiopian Airlines (ET) - Silver/Gold
EVA Airways (BR) – Silver/Gold/Diamond
Lufthansa/Swiss International Air Lines (LH/LX)@ - Frequent Traveler/Senator/HON Circle
Singapore Airlines (SQ) – KrisFlyer Gold/PPS/Solitaire PPS
South African Airways (SA)– Gold/Platinum/Lifetime Platinum
Thai Airways (TG)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Turkish Airlines (TK) - Classic Plus/Elite/Elite Plus
United Airlines (UA) - Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier 1K/ Global Services

4. Non-alliance

Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/Hong Kong Express (HU/HX/UO) - Silver Card/Gold Card/Platinum Card*
Jet Airways (9W)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Philippines Airlines (PR) - Classic#!/Elite/Premier Elite/Million Miler
Royal Brunei Airlines (BI) - Gold Elite
Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS)- Silver/Gold

Key:
  • # - Base level (non-status)
  • * - New levels not included in ID's list but should be qualified.
  • ! - Current name for the status levels
  • @ - Miles & More is also the FFP for Adria/Austrian Airlines/Brussels Airlines/Croatia Airlines/LOT Polish Airlines. They are not included in ID's list but should be qualified.

Note:
  • Please refer to Immigration Department's website for the enrollment eligibility (Select "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors"), as well as the hours and locations of the enrollment offices. As of October 2, 2018, airport hours are North Hall: 7:30a-11:00p and South Hall: 10:00a-6:00p, and Immigration Building, Wan Chai, M-F 8:45a-5p.
  • If your FFP is not included above, assume that you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership. You may be still eligible to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" if 1) you are a visitor using either HKSAR Travel Pass or APEC Business Travel Card with HKG endorsement; 2) you have entered and exited via HKG more than 3 times within last 12 months of the enrollment;
  • If you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors", you may be still eligible to enroll e-Channel Service through a qualified travel document (Australian Passport/German Passport/Singaporean Passport/ROK Passport/Mainland Exit-Entry Permit with qualified endorsements/Macau ID);
  • Kingfisher Airlines (IT) is included in ID's list but excluded above as it has ceased operation.
  • Anecdotal reports suggest a physical (i.e. non-digital) FFP membership card is REQUIRED to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership.
  • Electronic FF cards are accepted.
  • E-Channel renewals/transfers onto a new passport involve taking your old sticker off your expired passport and transferring it to the new passport. New stickers are still issued for first time enrollees.
Print Wikipost

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Old May 29, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jackal
they matched my AA GLD card up with a picture of qualifying AA cards in a notebook and quickly processed my enrollment.
Excellent news that AA now participates. In years past they didn't.

I didn't catch all of the airlines in the notebook as they were flipping through it quite quickly, but it was a very extensive list, so it's possible that far more airlines than have been mentioned here on FT participate.
Very likely. Reports here are from the subset of e-Channel users who are also FTers.

Sorry to bump this thread, but it seems the most on-topic and comprehensive one. Google lists dozens of threads on this subject on FT...consolidating them might be useful...
If you see a thread that should be merged with another thread, you can use the "Report" icon on any post in the thread, and in your message, suggest that the thread be merged with the other one. I'm not suggesting you take it upon yourself you hunt out the other threads and do this, but if you do see a thread that should be merged, feel free to alert a moderator in this way.

Originally Posted by riquo
So I've properly entered/exited HKG 8 times in the last year. I am also ExPlat - is there any reason to choose the 3+ entry/exit version or should I use the AA ExPlat status to apply?
It doesn't matter. Either way, you will get E-Channel.

Originally Posted by moondog
-they wanted to see his physical frequent flyer card
Good to know.

They have a poster showing all qualifying cards, and I'm guessing this info is available online as well (would be good to add to the OP or a wikpost).
You might guess they would, but they do not. The official HKIA FAQ says "Frequent Flyer Programme membership card issued by airlines which have joined this scheme (please enquire with airlines for details)."

Eta: The list in the following link is a bit dated, and is presumably incomplete, but is better than nothing (note: RJ is not on it):

http://www.ausbt.com.au/how-frequent...sitor-echannel
That list is outdated (e.g., AA is not listed, and reports upthread indicate AA Gold is accepted).
Old May 29, 2016, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by anabolism

That list is outdated (e.g., AA is not listed, and reports upthread indicate AA Gold is accepted).
Please provide a current list.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I emailed the immD,but they just asked me to enquire with the airline directly. Sent an email to RJ HKG station manager,will see what happens.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
Got the list off Hkg channel

Well first whole process took 2-3mins +5 for the pictures lol.

Unfortunately my camera was out of focus on all the images so terrible quality. Will update with better list shortly to make it easier there's a lot.

https://goo.gl/photos/FNUreWw6XwP5hv6Y7

Gallery link here if you can make out levels please leave in comments and help out.

Last edited by Liams; Jun 12, 2016 at 6:21 am
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
Full list of e-Channel HKG FFP

Updated to google spreadsheet.

http://bit.ly/echannelhkg
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Liams
Well first whole process took 2-3mins +5 for the pictures lol.

Unfortunately my camera was out of focus on all the images so terrible quality. Will update with better list shortly to make it easier there's a lot.

https://goo.gl/photos/FNUreWw6XwP5hv6Y7

Gallery link here if you can make out levels please leave in comments and help out.
Amazing info here,thank you very much for your time and trouble asking the officers to take pics.

PS:As expected RJ is not there.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
PS:As expected RJ is not there.
Have you tried?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by garykung
Have you tried?
Not yet,but it's not in the table above.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Not yet,but it's not in the table above.
I remember last time you mentioned, you would try to get it.

Personally, I will treat the list as a reference and try anyway, as we have no way to know how update the list is.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by garykung
I remember last time you mentioned, you would try to get it.

Personally, I will treat the list as a reference and try anyway, as we have no way to know how update the list is.
That's right,but I still did not visit HKG since then.

I wonder how do they fight with visa-runners who go to Macau/Shenzhen? I heard that if someone does it say 3-4 times,they will be challenged and pottentially have their next stay shortened by the officer,but how would that work if someone uses the e-channel? I supouse the gates will eventually display "seek assistance from the officer" or sth like that?

Not that I am planning to visa-run,but I am just curious.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

I wonder how do they fight with visa-runners who go to Macau/Shenzhen? I heard that if someone does it say 3-4 times,they will be challenged and pottentially have their next stay shortened by the officer,but how would that work if someone uses the e-channel? I supouse the gates will eventually display "seek assistance from the officer" or sth like that?

Gate would not open and you will be intercepted by officers.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:10 am

What's wrong with going to Macau/Shenzhen as many times as you desire? (Many people do this drill 3-4 times/week, and I've never heard of it causing much alarm, unless they are otherwise suspected of transporting contraband.)
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:23 am

What's wrong with going to Macau/Shenzhen as many times as you desire? (Many people do this drill 3-4 times/week, and I've never heard of it causing much alarm, unless they are otherwise suspected of transporting contraband.)
3-4 times a week is one thing,but landing with permission to stay for a month,then going to Macao aftetr that one month ends,coming back and staying for another month...repeating that 3-4 times,it's fair enough if the immD becomes suspisious as to why are you spending so much time in HK as a visitor and there are plenty of reports of people who would normally get a 30 days pass being given 14 days,then 7 and then refused entry.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:24 am

I just amended the wiki to include the 3 entry option (in addition to the frequent flyer option that is the main subject of this thread), and I would like to further detail this requirement.

-if someone flies to HKG three times, can he enroll at hkia upon arrival #3? (My guess is "no" because eChannel enrollment is pre-immigration)
-could he enroll in Wanchai?
-could he enroll upon departure from hkia?

It may seem like I'm splitting hairs here, but I want get clarity because I am trying to help to non status colleagues get into the program.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:45 am

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how this scheme is funded. In other words, does HK immigration bill participating airlines on a per person basis? How do they account for people that quality based on 3 entries? Why are entries apart from hkia excluded?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.