Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:44 am

Codes no longer working
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:47 am

Woke up this morning and the mvp codes are not working. First time that's happenned to me since I started using the codes almost 5 years ago. I Still have a few reservations with the mvp code. I hope they are still valid.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jusevisu
Woke up this morning and the mvp codes are not working. First time that's happenned to me since I started using the codes almost 5 years ago. I Still have a few reservations with the mvp code. I hope they are still valid.
This is very, very disturbing. Luckily, Team USA code still seems to be accepted.

However, you can try booking the MVP rate from the Hilton Family MVP site. That still seems to work. Though that site seems to have changed--it's no longer that really awkward booking list view--booking looks like a normal Hilton page, except that the Corporate MVP rate is checked off for you at the top.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

MVP codes have not been offered at my airport hotel now for almost a year. Not sure what happened.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
Booking through http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/ still works, with same rates as last week (at the hotels I checked).
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
looks like you may have to manually enter the URL since clicking on the link in the previous post puts me into the regular booking site for some reason (maybe a cookie thing). From my favorites or manually entering, the same link gets me MVP booking and the right prices--weird!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Diamond MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I tried omitting the leading 0 on the code for Hampton Inn, etc. ("560041604") and was able to just book the MVP rate through the regular Hilton site.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:59 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
....manually entering, the same link gets me MVP booking and the right prices--weird!
Same here

Originally Posted by ChirurgienJaune
I tried omitting the leading 0 on the code for Hampton Inn, etc. ("560041604") and was able to just book the MVP rate through the regular Hilton site.
Didn't work.

It is, of course, the weekend and that is when the HHonors websites often becomes even less usable than usual. So, I will hope this is a temporary thing as has been seen before on weekends.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
... From my favorites or manually entering, the same link gets me MVP booking and the right prices--weird!
Precisely, BlondeBomber. The BAR is the wrong price. We need it to be 20% off BAR. LOL. I'm just glad that it's still possible to do it like that to get our right prices. Hope that the website manual code refusal is only a temporary thing.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Diamond MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Same here

Didn't work.

It is, of course, the weekend and that is when the HHonors websites often becomes even less usable than usual. So, I will hope this is a temporary thing as has been seen before on weekends.
Interesting...I checked again and that trick is working on my computer so it seems like it is just another Hilton IT oddity, and hopefully something that will be back to normal for everyone soon.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
The International Gold Medal Rate is no longer working (D000030070). Trying hotels where I used it last week, I'm told that it's an illegal code!!!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Codes no longer working
Yes, it is.

The Hilton/HGI code is still working perfectly for me.
The Hampton/Doubletree/Embassy Suites code works fine if you drop the leading zero.

Best I can work out, the leading 0 should never have been there. After you enter it on the website it was always stripped anyway - I suspect this weeks website "upgrade" stopped the stripping from occurring so it's now showing as an invalid code.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I prefer to use the MVP website, which is working just fine:

http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Just worked for me, entered as usual (as Corp Code during the booking process).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: US, HH
I have never seen any mention of credentials required nor have I ever been asked for any.

However, in looking at the HGI (DEN), it clearly states "Credentials required at check-in" in the rate details, where normally it just states HHonors number required. Doing a spot check of some of my other go-to properties where I normally use MVP, none of them had that in the rate details. Interesting. Has anybody recently stayed at the DEN HGI on an MVP rate and run into issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.