Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 16, 9:07 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Hilton Family MVP Rate
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Wiki Link
OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262

HGI and Hilton 1135262

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions

• YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $10
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 15, 8:01 am   #121

Programs: UA Platinum, Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusevisu View Post
Woke up this morning and the mvp codes are not working. First time that's happenned to me since I started using the codes almost 5 years ago. I Still have a few reservations with the mvp code. I hope they are still valid.
This is very, very disturbing. Luckily, Team USA code still seems to be accepted.

However, you can try booking the MVP rate from the Hilton Family MVP site. That still seems to work. Though that site seems to have changed--it's no longer that really awkward booking list view--booking looks like a normal Hilton page, except that the Corporate MVP rate is checked off for you at the top.
Ruhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 8:04 am   #122
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeSPG Contributor Badge

MVP codes have not been offered at my airport hotel now for almost a year. Not sure what happened.
david55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 8:07 am   #123

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
Booking through http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/ still works, with same rates as last week (at the hotels I checked).
Totopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 8:43 am   #124
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 1MM, HH Dd, SPG Gld, PC Plt/A; AA; Wyndham Rewards, AirMiles
looks like you may have to manually enter the URL since clicking on the link in the previous post puts me into the regular booking site for some reason (maybe a cookie thing). From my favorites or manually entering, the same link gets me MVP booking and the right prices--weird!
BlondeBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 8:53 am   #125

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Amtrak Select
I tried omitting the leading 0 on the code for Hampton Inn, etc. ("560041604") and was able to just book the MVP rate through the regular Hilton site.
ChirurgienJaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 8:59 am   #126
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Diamond, Copa Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber View Post
....manually entering, the same link gets me MVP booking and the right prices--weird!
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChirurgienJaune View Post
I tried omitting the leading 0 on the code for Hampton Inn, etc. ("560041604") and was able to just book the MVP rate through the regular Hilton site.
Didn't work.

It is, of course, the weekend and that is when the HHonors websites often becomes even less usable than usual. So, I will hope this is a temporary thing as has been seen before on weekends.
cblaisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 9:03 am   #127

Programs: UA Platinum, Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber View Post
... From my favorites or manually entering, the same link gets me MVP booking and the right prices--weird!
Precisely, BlondeBomber. The BAR is the wrong price. We need it to be 20% off BAR. LOL. I'm just glad that it's still possible to do it like that to get our right prices. Hope that the website manual code refusal is only a temporary thing.
Ruhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 9:14 am   #128

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Amtrak Select
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
Same here

Didn't work.

It is, of course, the weekend and that is when the HHonors websites often becomes even less usable than usual. So, I will hope this is a temporary thing as has been seen before on weekends.
Interesting...I checked again and that trick is working on my computer so it seems like it is just another Hilton IT oddity, and hopefully something that will be back to normal for everyone soon.
ChirurgienJaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 11:21 am   #129

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, HHonors Diamond
The International Gold Medal Rate is no longer working (D000030070). Trying hotels where I used it last week, I'm told that it's an illegal code!!!
runarbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 15, 12:03 pm   #130

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealAddict View Post
Codes no longer working
Yes, it is.

The Hilton/HGI code is still working perfectly for me.
The Hampton/Doubletree/Embassy Suites code works fine if you drop the leading zero.

Best I can work out, the leading 0 should never have been there. After you enter it on the website it was always stripped anyway - I suspect this weeks website "upgrade" stopped the stripping from occurring so it's now showing as an invalid code.
docbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 15, 7:08 am   #131

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold, SPG
I prefer to use the MVP website, which is working just fine:

http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
ChinaShrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 15, 2:18 pm   #132
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL KM, DM, MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat, MR Platinum, 3 other airlines, 2 other hotels
Just worked for me, entered as usual (as Corp Code during the booking process).
sethb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 15, 8:22 pm   #133

Programs: US, HH
I have never seen any mention of credentials required nor have I ever been asked for any.

However, in looking at the HGI (DEN), it clearly states "Credentials required at check-in" in the rate details, where normally it just states HHonors number required. Doing a spot check of some of my other go-to properties where I normally use MVP, none of them had that in the rate details. Interesting. Has anybody recently stayed at the DEN HGI on an MVP rate and run into issues?
GrjApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 15, 7:47 am   #134

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTG (PP), SPG LTG (Plt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrjApp View Post
I have never seen any mention of credentials required nor have I ever been asked for any.

However, in looking at the HGI (DEN), it clearly states "Credentials required at check-in" in the rate details, where normally it just states HHonors number required. Doing a spot check of some of my other go-to properties where I normally use MVP, none of them had that in the rate details. Interesting. Has anybody recently stayed at the DEN HGI on an MVP rate and run into issues?
This was the case for many places in the early days of MVP in addition to statements having to be affiliated with a sports team and the such. Seems many places just cut and paste standard text when creating their rules. Personally, something as nebulous as "credentials required" means nothing.
RogerD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 15, 12:22 pm   #135
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL KM, DM, MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat, MR Platinum, 3 other airlines, 2 other hotels
Since the terms for MVP are "must be an HHonors member" perhaps that's all the credentials required.
sethb is offline   Reply With Quote