Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:12 pm

On that same note.
I am Gold until April 2017.
If i do the MVP Challenge now (sept 2016) will the MVP challenge extend my gold status.
I have NOT done the MVP challenge before.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by dznyboy
On that same note.
I am Gold until April 2017.
If i do the MVP Challenge now (sept 2016) will the MVP challenge extend my gold status.
I have NOT done the MVP challenge before.
No. You must be silver or below
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
The new HHonors promotion from September 1 gives double points - and triple points from October 1 if booked via the app. For most of my bookings I use the MVP rate, but is that possible to book via the app? I'm not able to find a way to do it. Do we lose the triple points bonus because of this?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Probably.

Use the Team USA codes instead. Still usually 15% off, if the triple points are worth 5% to you. Interestingly, it's probably about s wash (10 points/$ worth about 5% rebate IMO).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by runarbg
The new HHonors promotion from September 1 gives double points - and triple points from October 1 if booked via the app. For most of my bookings I use the MVP rate, but is that possible to book via the app? I'm not able to find a way to do it. Do we lose the triple points bonus because of this?
That was my thought as well as most of my stays are at the MVP level and those that are not are at the US Equestrian rate (the Team USA rate most in line with my non-work endeavors of horse racing, in fact I put one of the membership groups I am part of in the company line to offset any potential claims I am not entitled to either MVP or that Team USA rate). You can book AAA rates on the app but that is only 10%, compared to the 20% & 15% respectively. Also, (and most importantly) the majority of my stays are already booked for the period and I am only going to rebook if I can get a better rate so the long and short of it is that its the same bonus we have been having of double points for myself except for maybe one or two stays.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm so confused. Why am I seeing this mention of app-booking triple points only in this thread, and no mention of the specifics of it in the main promo thread (just vague "mobile bonus offer coming soon")?

What is your source?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm so confused. Why am I seeing this mention of app-booking triple points only in this thread, and no mention of the specifics of it in the main promo thread (just vague "mobile bonus offer coming soon")?

What is your source?
That thread says mobile offer coming soon
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:44 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by sdsearch

What is your source?
Source is:
http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/08/22/p...ember-31-2016/
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Miesque
--Also, (and most importantly) the majority of my stays are already booked for the period--
I have the same issue; I'm under the impression that you'll get the double points for stays booked before 1st SEP, as long as you enroll before the stay
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:02 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Look at the definite thread for putative answers... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...continues.html
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
There might be a workaround, but not sure if this will trigger the mobile 3X.
You could book the MVP rate using a computer for your desired hotel and dates, etc. Select 1 adult during booking. Then when your reservation shows up on your app, go edit your reservation, change the number of guests to 2, the MVP rate should show up during the booking process.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mediator
There might be a workaround, but not sure if this will trigger the mobile 3X.
You could book the MVP rate using a computer for your desired hotel and dates, etc. Select 1 adult during booking. Then when your reservation shows up on your app, go edit your reservation, change the number of guests to 2, the MVP rate should show up during the booking process.
Thanks for a great idea. Now I'm able to book the MVP rate
I was going to try your suggestion. I opened a reservation that I have done on the PC using the MVP rate. I went to edit it and then I saw a corporate code was present, NOT the corporate code we used to for the MVP rate. So I stopped the editing and tried a new reservation using the app. I entered the code that I saw, and what happened? I was offered the MVP rate
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I was going to try your suggestion. I opened a reservation that I have done on the PC using the MVP rate. I went to edit it and then I saw a corporate code was present, NOT the corporate code we used to for the MVP rate. So I stopped the editing and tried a new reservation using the app. I entered the code that I saw, and what happened? I was offered the MVP rate
Care to share the code?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:42 pm

This is awesome.

I'm going to leave it to runarbg whether to post the codes, but if you follow his procedure, you'll see them. As was true before, the code is different for DT, ES, and Hampton than for the others.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by zachary
This is awesome.

I'm going to leave it to runarbg whether to post the codes, but if you follow his procedure, you'll see them. As was true before, the code is different for DT, ES, and Hampton than for the others.
Thanks for this. I have just spent the last couple of hours, cancelling and rebooking stays on the app using MVP to get the triple points (hopefully).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.