Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I'm limited to Chrome and Firefox on an Android mobile
Try Dolphin Browser locked in Desktop Mode. I've found it invaluable for when nothing else can make my mobile run websites the way they do on a PC.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Delta, UAL
Some Hilton properties have changed the requirements for the MVP rate in the last week. One Hilton property at which I stayed last month (EWR) and have another reservation for this month has revised the rate details as follows:

"Rate Details Hilton Worldwide MVP

MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN."

Not sure if they will honor the booking I made before the change, if the current rate details are that quoted above. I did a search of other Hilton properties and it seems many that I have looked at in the past now have the new rate details (PVR and others). I haven't come across a change for Doubletree or Embassy Suites, yet.

Is there any sports affiliation that is easy to obtain?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:54 am

Have you read the past pages of this thread?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
As noted, this has been extensively discussed upstream.

Originally Posted by Sota327

Is there any sports affiliation that is easy to obtain?
Please review the Wiki at the top of every page; you'll find an answer to your question.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Delta, UAL
got the sports affiliation information, thank you.

As for the rate language, some brands have "new" language which appears to be the "old" language that states a sports affiliation ID is required (not just HHonors account). Just a word of caution, the rate language has changed for at least one Hilton hotel I visit frequently, since having last stayed there in March.

Last edited by Sota327; Apr 19, 2016 at 10:13 am
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I don't think we've seen any hotel actually requesting sports affiliation membership proof at check-in.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Sota327
got the sports affiliation information, thank you.

As for the rate language, some brands have "new" language which appears to be the "old" language that states a sports affiliation ID is required (not just HHonors account). Just a word of caution, the rate language has changed for at least one Hilton hotel I visit frequently, since having last stayed there in March.
Originally Posted by sethb
I don't think we've seen any hotel actually requesting sports affiliation membership proof at check-in.
Yes, it may simply be the properties are pointing the rate description to old text not knowing it's obsolete. It used to be for sports officials and they HH defined HH members as being MVPs (to them) and all verbiage about sports was dropped.

If anyone has been challenged at check-in, please post it here.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I just booked a hotel that had this in the rate detail:
Rate Details Hilton Worldwide MVP

MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN.
Should I be wrried? Based on the last few posts I'd guess not -- but I figured I'd check.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Xyzzy

Should I be wrried? Based on the last few posts I'd guess not -- but I figured I'd check.
had the same recently and no issues at all.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I just booked a hotel that had this in the rate detail
This has been addressed many times upstream and in the wiki.

In a word, no.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Of course, you might be the first to have issues.

I have stayed where this was quoted in booking, but never asked for it.

So whilst can't 100% guarantee, I doubt that you will experience any problems.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Of course, you might be the first to have issues.

I have stayed where this was quoted in booking, but never asked for it.

So whilst can't 100% guarantee, I doubt that you will experience any problems.
It is a risk. Folks have been asked to produce Corporate IDs when checking in after having booked at Corporate rate so the language certainly allows FD staff to ask for IDs and/or charge rack rate if none could be produced? Not saying it will happen but ....
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

It is MVP not a corporate rate tied to a single company where just that one companies id is valid if requested

For MVP if asked (which is going to be rare as not a uper big discount) you can use any Sports Affiliation you want eg in UK the LTA (Tennis) membership but not membership of your local leisure center, gym or football/rugby/hockey/etc club.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
MVP is not operational in the UK
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:24 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I recently had a Homewood stay with an MVP rate. At check in, I noticed my rate went WAY up--from the MVP standard King studio rate to a rack rate of the 2 bedroom monstrosity I was upgraded into.

Apparently, when they upgraded me, they changed the rate. It was fixed after some digging...But the clerk while reviewing my reservation history said, "Wow, you're a Hilton MVP! That means you work for Hilton, right?"

...So, at least at this property, the clerk--whom I later learned is actually the property GM, had no idea what the MVP was all about. I'll continue to book with confidence and my USA Hockey and USGA memberships.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.