Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 16, 9:07 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Hilton Family MVP Rate
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Wiki Link
OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262

HGI and Hilton 1135262

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions

• YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $10
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 20, 14, 1:26 pm   #76

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
I'd always presumed that MVP rate bookings could be canceled (normally with no more than 1 days notice, but at most 3), but looking at the Hilton in San Francisco next week it's showing :

Cancellation Policy
If you cancel for any reason, attempt to modify this reservation, or do not arrive on your specified check-in date, your payment is non-refundable.

The "payment" it's referring to is the deposit, which is 100% of the amount for the entire stay (not just first night!).

Digging a bit deeper and the BAR for the same nights has exactly the same conditions, so it's not that MVP is giving anything worse, it's just mirroring the standard BAR conditions.

There's a large convention (VMworld) on in SF next week and this is one of the convention hotels so that's almost certainly why, but it's something to keep an eye out for on future bookings...
Every booking I make I glance over the cancellation policy... it's good to look just to make sure. I've never had trouble cancelling MVP rates in the past, so I think it's just hotel specific. Some hotels have stricter cancellation policies on points-stays than others too...
ericgdukie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 14, 6:10 pm   #77

The two hotels I am considering (Homewood Suites Oxnard or Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach) for a vacation in December have no MVP or Team USA availability. Other Homewood Suites or Embassy Suites in the general area have the MVP rates available, but not these specific hotels where I am looking. What are the chances that either of these two hotels become eligible for the MVP rate in the next few months?
kc7sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 14, 6:13 pm   #78

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Email the hotel, tell them you use the rate, ask if they can/will give it to you. Had success with this once.
ericgdukie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 14, 6:35 pm   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc7sqd View Post
The two hotels I am considering (Homewood Suites Oxnard or Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach) for a vacation in December have no MVP or Team USA availability. Other Homewood Suites or Embassy Suites in the general area have the MVP rates available, but not these specific hotels where I am looking. What are the chances that either of these two hotels become eligible for the MVP rate in the next few months?
Very Slim Chance, I've been also looking at the Oxnard for the last few months.

IMHO their demand is quite strong, not many hotels around and the area is affluent so no need to offer cheaper corporate rates.
Yellowjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 14, 7:36 pm   #80
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL KM, DM, MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat, MR Platinum, 3 other airlines, 2 other hotels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44 View Post
Every booking I make I glance over the cancellation policy... it's good to look just to make sure. I've never had trouble cancelling MVP rates in the past, so I think it's just hotel specific. Some hotels have stricter cancellation policies on points-stays than others too...
It's not even hotel-specific, I've canceled reservations at that hotel before with no difficulty. It's probably due to the convention and its overwhelming demand (though if it's the main hotel, any canceled reservations should be re-sold easily enough. Too bad hotels don't have a policy that they'll refund if they sell out, or an easy way to transfer reservations.)
sethb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 14, 12:15 pm   #81

Programs: American Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond National Executive Elite
yep, I had an issue cancelling an MVP stay--I did not read the fine print about no cancellation....they accommodated me but it taught me to pay better attention.
nlkm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 14, 12:16 pm   #82

Programs: American Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond National Executive Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowjj View Post
I don't understand why do people email customer service about special rates? If you aren't comfortable using it, then don't. If you think you don't qualify to use it, then don't. If it was indeed a "special restricted rate", your email may have made them aware and caused scrutiny/crackdown. You were already told that it was legit and fine to use for all Hhonors members.
couldnt agree more
nlkm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 14, 9:35 am   #83
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL KM, DM, MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat, MR Platinum, 3 other airlines, 2 other hotels
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlkm9 View Post
yep, I had an issue cancelling an MVP stay--I did not read the fine print about no cancellation....they accommodated me but it taught me to pay better attention.
Doesn't the published policy for prepaid stays allow cancellation provided you immediately buy a new stay (at least, for US hotels)?
Old Aug 22, 14, 10:10 am   #84

Programs: AA LT Plat; UA Silver; SPG Plat (LTG); Mar Plat; Hyatt Expl; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; VSN 5-Star Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
Doesn't the published policy for prepaid stays allow cancellation provided you immediately buy a new stay (at least, for US hotels)?
I'm not aware of anything like this. If it is published, where is it published?
controller1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 14, 1:16 pm   #85
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
I'm not aware of anything like this. If it is published, where is it published?
I looked at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District for a date in October, selected "Advance Purchase Rates" and clicked on "Rate Details".

Quote:
Modification of Reservation: Price quoted applies to exact date(s)/nights/stay booked. Modifications to your reservation (including but not limited to name changes, date changes, etc.) are not permitted. However, for bookings in the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean, a request to cancel an existing Advance Purchase/Non-Refundable reservation and book a new reservation may be permitted if at the time you are requesting a change to your reservation, you book a new Advance Purchase/Non Refundable reservation at any hotel in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio located in the United States, Mexico or the Caribbean, subject to availability. Upon receipt of full payment for the new reservation, Hilton will issue a refund for the cancelled reservation, less a service fee. It may take up to four (4) weeks for the refund to be reflected on your credit card. For stays originally booked at the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, Embassy Suites or Doubletree brand hotels, the service fee is $50.00 and for stays originally booked at a Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites, the service fee is $25.00. For a cancellation and rebooking to be considered, you must call our Advance Purchase Department to request a change to your reservation at (800) 236-7113 or (972) 726-3361 no less than three days prior to your scheduled check-in date.
Old Sep 7, 14, 9:22 am   #86

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG100 '17, MR Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Expl, IHG Plat, CC Gold, Hertz PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
Indeed.

As is also noted dozens of times in this thread, to wit:

Love it! Booked this wonderful rate - can't wait to use it
TravelinSperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 14, 9:30 pm   #87

Programs: WN A-List, DL, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Has anyone had any success using MVP to book a Curio Collection property?

I've checked a few properties with different date ranges and searches always come up as "Not Available."

Is brand too new or just not going to participate?

There is no problem booking with other special rates, such as AAA.
mke9499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 14, 9:35 pm   #88

Programs: AA LT Plat; UA Silver; SPG Plat (LTG); Mar Plat; Hyatt Expl; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; VSN 5-Star Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
Has anyone had any success using MVP to book a Curio Collection property?

I've checked a few properties with different date ranges and searches always come up as "Not Available."

Is brand too new or just not going to participate?

There is no problem booking with other special rates, such as AAA.
Yes. SLS, Las Vegas has rooms available for certain dates using the MVP rate.
controller1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 14, 10:11 pm   #89

Programs: WN A-List, DL, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
Yes. SLS, Las Vegas has rooms available for certain dates using the MVP rate.
Thanks for the reply.

The issue might be property/date related.
mke9499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 14, 8:19 pm   #90

We just employed this rate for one night at the LAX Hilton.
...no questions, no issues, no hassles.

Thanks, all!
BumpMe! is offline   Reply With Quote