Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sethb
Nope; Hilton apparently just doesn't like Flyertalkers using the MVP site. I guess we can't follow links from here. Not a major problem, obviously.
It does work if you open it in an incognito window in Chrome.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:18 pm

Hilton MVP rate sport affiliation required now?

I am now seeing a sports affiliation is required for the MVP rate. Any experience with this? What constitutes a sports affiliation? AARP rates are slightly higher but still decent.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Start here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-mvp-rate.html

Originally Posted by mudley
I am now seeing a sports affiliation is required for the MVP rate. Any experience with this? What constitutes a sports affiliation? AARP rates are slightly higher but still decent.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:42 pm

aarp rate still better than that family rate
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:48 pm

Mvp program hhonors number and sports affiliation id required for booking

I see the following wording in the MVP rate rule of a hotel:
MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN

Is there a special MVP HHonors number or is this the regular HHonors number?
Should I still be safe with my USGA member card?

Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by fluffysheep83
MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN

Thanks.
I recommend the full gear that came with the USGA card when checking in, USGA cap, luggage tag, and golf rules book in hand, so they know not to mess with you...

I would actually want to know the answer, too.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I had an ID card made.

I had a Photo ID card made, complete with a security hologram, a logo, a barcode along the bottom and a slot cut for a lanyard and delivery for $20.00

It looks totally professional and I wouldn't question it if it were handed to me.

http://www.easyidcard.com/templates1.asp

Steve
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Thanks.
No, there is not a special HH number needed and almost without exception there is no ID required to be shown. If you read up-thread this appears to be old verbiage resurrected but not enforced. Hilton has used the MVP program for more than the original sports program from years ago. Your USGA card would work just fine, IF anyone where to ask. In the original program you needed to be a coach or referee, but again, that the was the original program. I've used this code many times and NEVER asked for anything at check in. I think it is resurfacing due to lazy staff not looking at what they are doing.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by backdoc
I had a Photo ID card made, complete with a security hologram, a logo, a barcode along the bottom and a slot cut for a lanyard and delivery for $20.00

It looks totally professional and I wouldn't question it if it were handed to me.

http://www.easyidcard.com/templates1.asp

Steve
Great. That would be fine evidence of intent to defraud if the property wanted to go hard on enforcement.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Thanks.
We made a donation to the US Hockey team. We have no ID, no nothing. But, as a supporter, we have booked via the TeamUSA site and it comes up with the Hockey ID.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I guess I didn't make myself clear.

I do have appropriate credentials with a sports team, I made a hard plastic version of my card so that I could have a durable version.

Steve

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Great. That would be fine evidence of intent to defraud if the property wanted to go hard on enforcement.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by englisha
I signed up to the MVP fasttrack to gold with 4 stays offer a week ago and noticed it says the 4 stays must be in the USA. Has anyone had any experience with this and had non US stays counting? (I have 3 in the US and 1 in Lima coming up).
Just to update my experience, I completed 3 stays in the US and 1 in Peru in February and my gold status got extended until march 2018, so the non US stay counted for me
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:52 am

Have the links quit working for anyone else? I'm limited to Chrome and Firefox on an Android mobile, but I can't get either "hiltonfamilymvp" or "stay.hilton.com/mvp" to work. Both stall either before asking for stay dates or before returning results. Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Have the links quit working for anyone else? I'm limited to Chrome and Firefox on an Android mobile, but I can't get either "hiltonfamilymvp" or "stay.hilton.com/mvp" to work. Both stall either before asking for stay dates or before returning results. Thanks.
They work fine on IE on the laptop.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I just tried www.hiltonfamilymvp.com on my android using Chrome and it took me to stay.hilton.com/mvp. When I have issues with an app, I close it down and swipe it off the Recent Apps screen. I've read it's not supposed to make a difference, but it has for me (especially when Pandora hangs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.