Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Turkish Elite Virgin Atl Gold, HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Pref, CPass, JetBlue Mosaic
MVP Links not working

Hi all - is anyone else having trouble with stay.hilton.com/mvp? All of a sudden it brings me to the Hilton homepage! Please help thanks
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
Actually was just coming here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue,...haven't been able to access all day
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Originally Posted by Krysia
Actually was just coming here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue,...haven't been able to access all day
+1
I was able to book a stay via the MVP site on Monday. Today, I'm sent to the main website.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by AMflier
+1
I was able to book a stay via the MVP site on Monday. Today, I'm sent to the main website.
+2 I just checked out from an MVP stay, but the site is just forwarding my to hilton.com now.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Entering the appropriate corporate codes still brings up the MVP rate.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jsny355
Hi all - is anyone else having trouble with stay.hilton.com/mvp? All of a sudden it brings me to the Hilton homepage! Please help thanks
Looks like they have broken the stay.hilton.com site. We've got another URL on that site for booking person travel using our corporate rate, and that one also now just redirects to the main Hilton site without any landing page/discount, exactly the same as stay.hilton.com/mvp/ does.

Given it's affecting more than just MVP, I suspect it's not deliberate.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Stripe
Yup. Just booked a stay at MVP rate in December.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
Is there a trick to not having to enter the code for every single hotel you are looking at? Before when you were on the MVP website you could just browse around at will, it always showed the MVP rates if they were available.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:23 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You can do that on the iPhone app.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
MVP site is working fine for me.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
MVP site is working fine for me.
Same for me, from the same computer/browser where it wasn't ~11 hours ago. Clearly they fixed it overnight.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
You can do that on the iPhone app.
Enter multiple corporate codes simultaneously? You certainly can't do it on the Android app.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Is there a trick to not having to enter the code for every single hotel you are looking at? Before when you were on the MVP website you could just browse around at will, it always showed the MVP rates if they were available.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Enter multiple corporate codes simultaneously? You certainly can't do it on the Android app.
Every single hotel?

Multiple?

There are only two codes:
Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262

HGI and Hilton 1135262
and they differ only by whether they include an extra 3 digits (056) at the beginning. Otherwise the two codes are the same.

So, on the Android app, I just put the cursor at the beginning, and either add or remove those 3 digits, and redo the search.

Voila, two searches (without ever having to type any part of 0561135262 twice) show all the hotels in the area with the MVP rate as "corporate rate".

Would it be nicer to see MVP rates at all the brands in one search? Sure. Is the end of the world to have to do two searches like this? I don't think so.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Multiple?

There are only two codes

Definition of multiple
1 : consisting of, including, or involving more than one
-Merriam-Webster.

No one said they weren't capable of manually adding or removing 3 digits. And I certainly don't think anyone - except you - made reference to the End Times. However, at least in my own case, I was curious about the feature set of a piece of software. Allowing the software to have the capability to input more than one corporate rate code would be a useful feature for those who in fact have access to other legitimate corporate rates, or who wanted to search both MVP rates together. Your method does not allow for side-by-side comparison of all Hilton family hotels at the lowest available (MVP) rate, which is what any reasonable person would want to ideally see (and is what can be seen on the website).
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
hiltonfamilymvp.com works again for desktop browsers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.