Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 16, 9:07 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Hilton Family MVP Rate
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Wiki Link
OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262

HGI and Hilton 1135262

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions

• YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $10
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 14, 15, 3:32 pm   #151

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold
No hidden rules. I have never had a hotel mention my use of the MVP code, and I've never noticed a difference in service whether or not I use the code.
davie355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 15, 3:39 pm   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie355 View Post
No hidden rules. I have never had a hotel mention my use of the MVP code, and I've never noticed a difference in service whether or not I use the code.
+1. It's a non-factor.
smmrfld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 15, 6:36 pm   #153
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL KM, DM, MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat, MR Platinum, 3 other airlines, 2 other hotels
Almost complete non-factor. At one point (re-checking in MVP rate from points stay) they asked about my business address. I told them "none". That's the only effect the MVP code has ever had for me (other than the amount paid, of course).
sethb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 15, 7:29 pm   #154

Programs: Hilton Diamond & Hyatt Diamond
I now use it all the time and it is absolutely a non factor
Miesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 7:18 am   #155

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Quote:
Originally Posted by davie355 View Post
No hidden rules. I have never had a hotel mention my use of the MVP code
I've had exactly one hotel mention it (the HGI in downtown Chicago if I recall) as being the company I worked for - more in conversation than anything else. I basically grunted in reply, and nothing more was said.

Since then, I always remove the company name from my address when making a booking, and I've never had anyone ever mention it again despite over 100 bookings with it.
docbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 3:11 pm   #156

New to the forum, new to this thread so I apologize in advance if this has been asked before.

I'm getting married in September 2015 and going on a honey moon in November 2015. Obviously being a gold member by that time would be very useful.

I currently travel a lot for work (US) but someone else books travel accommodations for us. We're also getting the government rate.

If I register for the MVP gold status in 4 days promotion, will my stays (at the government rate) be considered "qualifying" stays?

Or should I go about this another way? Thanks
Brckt0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 3:26 pm   #157

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Do the stays, when booked, earn points and stay credit? (I.e., are they 'eligible stays' for Honors)?

If so, just carry on. If not, whether this is because they are a third party booking, or because the government rates are somehow special and give up points earning in exchange for lower cost/better benefits, then I would assume that they won't qualify for MVP.

In any event, you'd have six months or so to find out - so just go for your first government rate stay, then if it posts to your account, carry on; if not, start finding cheap, nearby Hamptons.
Cymro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 4:01 pm   #158

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brckt0p View Post
New to the forum, new to this thread so I apologize in advance if this has been asked before.

I'm getting married in September 2015 and going on a honey moon in November 2015. Obviously being a gold member by that time would be very useful.

I currently travel a lot for work (US) but someone else books travel accommodations for us. We're also getting the government rate.

If I register for the MVP gold status in 4 days promotion, will my stays (at the government rate) be considered "qualifying" stays?

Or should I go about this another way? Thanks
Welcome to FT

Govt stays will count, but the fastest way to get to gold is to get the right credit card which will get you to gold instantly and your travel office may let you use it to pay for stays and get additional points.

Bob H
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 7:35 pm   #159

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond for 10 years(2004-2014),Hilton Gold,Club Carlson gold
Just tried using mvp code for hiltons and hgi. It's not working! Is the program shut down?
angusho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 7:45 pm   #160
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Diamond, Copa Gold
Hilton Family MVP Rate

No. Made a Hilton reservation using today.
cblaisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 8:10 pm   #161
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL KM, DM, MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat, MR Platinum, 3 other airlines, 2 other hotels
It isn't always available.
sethb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 15, 8:20 pm   #162

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTG (PP), SPG LTG (Plt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusho View Post
Just tried using mvp code for hiltons and hgi. It's not working! Is the program shut down?
The MVP rates are not available at all properties at all times for all rooms. So just because it's not working for your search does not mean the program is gone. My crystal ball is not functioning so I don't know where or when you are trying so I can't check it for you.
RogerD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 15, 4:38 am   #163

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, HHonors Diamond
I agree with angusho. Something has absolutely happened. I use to check the web site 2-3 times a week for several upcoming USA trips. I'm checking all hotels in several cities, and most of them have always had availability for the MVP code for the dates I'm searching, the last time was 2 days ago.
Today NONE of the hotels have available MVP rates for any of the cities or periods.
Then I did a searck for San Francisco. None of the hotels have available MVP rates for any days the next 3 months. 2 days ago they had a lot of availability.
And this only seems to happen to Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn code (0041604). The code for th other brands are working like it used to (0560041604).
So one of two things must have happened:
- The Hilton MVP code had been discontinued
- It's a bug in the reservation system
This is really bad news!
runarbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 15, 4:49 am   #164

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, HHonors Diamond
I just found out that the MVP rate is still available from the MVP web site. If I check the same hotels and dates on the HHonors web site using code 0041604 and on the MVP web site, I get a lot of availability on the MVP site and NONE on the HHonor site.
I also compared the MVP rate on the MVP site to the standard rate, and IT IS the real MVP rate.
It looks like it may be a bug on the HHonors web site???
runarbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 15, 5:39 am   #165

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
It happens.
Cymro is online now   Reply With Quote