Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
So trying to book some rooms in Chicago for Aug 2017, and noticed that the MVP rate now says "MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN."

Is this new? I have never seen this verbiage before, granted I haven't used the MVP code for awhile now. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by thefiverivers
So trying to book some rooms in Chicago for Aug 2017, and noticed that the MVP rate now says "MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN."

Is this new? I have never seen this verbiage before, granted I haven't used the MVP code for awhile now. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Not new at all.

Not aware of anyone being asked, but I carry my card just in case.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Not new at all.

Not aware of anyone being asked, but I carry my card just in case.
Ah ok. Well I have never seen that language before, it only said MVP rate must be requested, etc., so that sports ID thing was new to me.

Thanks for the response!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by thefiverivers

As stated up-thread, MVP originally was introduced for sports officials and has migrated to being for anyone. It looks like some old descriptions are working their way back into the system. I haven't seen any reports of anyone being required to show a sports ID, but any form of membership ID should work fine. There are some suggested for as low as $10 and may be good to have if the rates are very low.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:12 am

Anybody else having problems using the stay.hilton.com/mvp and hiltonfamilymvp.com sites? They both seem to now be directing me to the regular home page and not defaulting the search to the MVP codes.

Regular search with corporate codes seems to still be working, however.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:23 am

mvp website

Looks like the website is not working. This happened a few years ago. Is the program still operational?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I'm reading this thread right now because I was sent to the regular home page. I said to myself, "If this is common, there will be a comment on FlyerTalk." Thanks, FT.

Now if someone would confirm that it is a temporary problem, that would be great.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I don't know if Hilton has plans for the demise of MVP, but the Hilton basic web site has problems. I asked for a map view, and it took over two minutes for the properties to appear. Here's hoping the MVP web page issue is just part of the Hilton web site funk.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The website is wacky, but the codes from the wiki still work...
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:41 pm

On one hand, Hilton IT isn't the most robust thing in the world.

On the other hand, if this really is the end, I think we can safely file this in the category of deals that lasted several years longer than anyone thought possible.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I just tried the code
Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262
and it doesn´t work.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by klaus79856
I just tried the code
Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262
and it doesn´t work.
And I just tried it yet again and it did. I'll show my work. Care to show yours?

Note that MVP is not guaranteed to work (there can be times during high occupancy it will be guaranteed not to, actually). I also don't think it works outside the US.
Attached Images   
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I just tried the code for some random dates at a Hampton I stayed at this week on an MVP rate. The first couple I tried in Dec/Jan showed the rate not available. Trying a rate in Feb brought up an MVP rate about $20 off the Flexible rate. The rumors of it's death may be greatly exaggerated.

Last edited by birdiedouble; Dec 7, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Looks like it works in US but not Canada as my search was for the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kamloops, BC, Canada

The error is "Corporate account code is not valid. Verify that your entry is correct and try again."
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
The rumors of it's death may be greatly exaggerated.
They usually are. MVP has been "dead" at least a dozen times if you read through this and other threads...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.