Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Old Feb 28, 2009, 9:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Apparently the former Crown Princess Hotel which has been sold and currently being refurbished, will be branded as Doubletree Kuala Lumpur.

Not sure whether the branding is appropriate since Doubletree is relatively unknown in this region.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 1:14 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
They have 2 Hiltons already KL Sentral and PJ Hilton, so another brand may be in order.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

They can always brand it as Hilton Ampang or Hilton KL City Centre. The Hilton name is very strong in Malaysia.

I may be wrong but the original name Crown Princess may have a stronger appeal than Doubletree for the local/regional market. It may end up like The Imperial, nobody could recognise the Luxury Collection brand and it was eventually renamed back to Sheraton Imperial, at least everyone knows what Sheraton is all about.
Old May 12, 2010, 1:06 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Doubletree Kuala Lumpur

Yesterday I was excited to find that there is a new Doubletree in Kuala Lumpur and looked into booking three free nights at only 12,500 a night for July 8-11. Today, when I went to book it, it's not available for points or cash until weeks after its opening date of July 8th. What's up? I know, I should have booked it yesterday when (apparently) I could. Does anyone know if there is a Hilton.com glitch or the hotel's change to Doubletree is being delayed.
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...umpur/index.do
Old May 12, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
It's showing unavailable before i signed in and after that shows Diamond icon till the 26th so you may be out of luck.

New properties often don't open at capacity so it's not very surprising that they would be booked solid. The photos of the rooms look very nice and modern and the location is convenient and only category 2!
Old May 12, 2010, 10:01 am

Please post a review if you end up staying. I'm excited to experience a new Hilton brand in the region.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

This is the reincarnation of the former Crown Princess.

In many ways, this property reminds me of the Conrad Bangkok. Its part of a retail-office-hotel development with the hotel building set back away from the main road, and its right next to the embassy row.

Location is not too bad (at least its better than the KL or PJ Hiltons), its a short walk from KLCC but you have to cross the highway (not sure whether there is an underpass). However the new Australian owners probably overestimated the savvyness of the average visitor to KL with the introduction of an unfamilair brand name; the Indonesian owner of the Imperial LC eventually dropped the LC brand infavour of a plain Sheraton. The Hilton brand name is very strong in Malaysia, my prediction is that in a couple of years time the Doubletree will be rebranded as Hilton KLCC or the Intermark Hilton.

Last edited by mario33; May 12, 2010 at 10:45 am
Old May 13, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Really want to stay here July 8, 9, 10th. Perfect location, great price.
Anyone have a contact email?
The website shows it totally sold-out from the 8th to the 25th, then wide open.
Can a Diamond book the hotel but not a lowly Gold?
Maybe it's a website error or they're not opening until later than the scheduled July 8th date.
Old May 28, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
Really want to stay here July 8, 9, 10th. Perfect location, great price.
Anyone have a contact email?
The website shows it totally sold-out from the 8th to the 25th, then wide open.
Can a Diamond book the hotel but not a lowly Gold?
Maybe it's a website error or they're not opening until later than the scheduled July 8th date.
As a Diamond, I went to the HHonors site to look at options. It's now saying reservations will be accepted for Aug. 1, 2010.

They have a 2FOROne promo. The details said:

Rate Type:
2FOR1 OPENING OFFER
INCLUDES BUFFET BREAKFAST FULL PREPAYMENT, NON REFUNDABLE

I'm not sure if I can disclose the price. And, I'm not sure what they mean by 2FOR1. Is that two nights for one-night price? Excuse my ignorance.

The promo price is significantly less expensive than a similar room at Hilton Sentral for the same time frame.

CHEERS!
Old May 29, 2010, 6:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Why cant you disclose the special rate if its a public rate ?

I have used this kind of rate once at another new Hilton property, and the confirmation gave me the full rate for 4 nights (instead of 2 nights). I had to contact the hotel directly to have it rectified, hopefully it works better at the DT KL.

It also appears that the hotel may have direct access to the main road eventhough the hotel tower is tucked away at the back, there is a huge Double Tree signage facing the main road (Jalan Tun Razak) which I assume is the entrance.

On a not so positive note, redemption has been adjusted to Cat 4 at 30,000pts per night
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
On a not so positive note, redemption has been adjusted to Cat 4 at 30,000pts per night
that really sucks....i was looking forward to a 4 night stay here in october for 50k points....
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why stay at the Doubletree when the KL Hilton is one of the best out there and the rates are never that bad??
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
Why stay at the Doubletree when the KL Hilton is one of the best out there and the rates are never that bad??
Well, the lure of Cat. 2 redemption I guess. However since it's been reportedly adjusted to Cat. 4, there is not much point in redeeming here over the excellent and trusty Hilton KL which is a Cat. 6.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hfly
DT has a better location, unless you need easy access to trains.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
No opening as scheduled

I have an award stay soon. It's not gonna happen in DoubleTree. I will wait for a while, maybe I can get Hilton KL for the same amount of points that were required for DT.

Mr. dabee69,

I regret to inform you that the Doubletree Kuala Lumpur hotel will not be opening up as scheduled. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this has caused. If you would like to be booked at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur which is at 3 Jalan Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur, 50470 Malaysia please email [removed] Thank you in the understanding of this matter.

[signature removed]
Hiltonworldwide.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.