Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by ARLT
Is it still possible to book for 4 guests (2 adults + 2 kids)? I see a few reviews in the past for 4 guests, but the website now says "Rooms here can't hold 4 guests. Update guests/rooms to search again."
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have 2 kids under 4 years old and am interested. I've generally found when emailing hotels recently its about 50/50 whether the hotel cares or not.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:41 am

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Just completed a recent 5n points stay as Diamond. A lot of things here are wonderful and make this trip an annual highlight.

But compared to my stay last year, the food and beverage prices have rocketed 50-100% higher with no discernible difference in quality of volume. I can appreciate inflation etc but not on this scale. The prices are now so overpriced (think Maldives/Bora Bora prices) that the dining experience is compromised. They’ve also gone cheap on the TV channels; there used to be a good selection, but now there’s barely anything, and what is there seems to just be on repeat. It seems that the Owner (and/or the GM) has decided to maximise profits over customer satisfaction here.

I have some good news for everyone though - Marco is returning to CKS as GM next month! That might explain the current GM’s desire to max out financial targets before departing.
the810 and PlaneSpeaking like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Just completed a recent 5n points stay as Diamond. A lot of things here are wonderful and make this trip an annual highlight.

But compared to my stay last year, the food and beverage prices have rocketed 50-100% higher with no discernible difference in quality of volume. I can appreciate inflation etc but not on this scale. The prices are now so overpriced (think Maldives/Bora Bora prices) that the dining experience is compromised. Theyve also gone cheap on the TV channels; there used to be a good selection, but now theres barely anything, and what is there seems to just be on repeat. It seems that the Owner (and/or the GM) has decided to maximise profits over customer satisfaction here.

I have some good news for everyone though - Marco is returning to CKS as GM next month! That might explain the current GMs desire to max out financial targets before departing.
Thanks for this. We have been considering a stay for next March but we were concerned about some of the reports. However, if Marco is returning, thats all we need to know - he is superb and is the reason we fell in love with CKS the first time we stayed (but less so since he left).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:40 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
100% agree - - I was just about to reconsider a return in light of the most recent reviews, but the Marco news is encouraging! Thanks Gold_Member.
PlaneSpeaking likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by ECR12
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have 2 kids under 4 years old and am interested. I've generally found when emailing hotels recently its about 50/50 whether the hotel cares or not.
Below is the response I got from the hotel in Feb 2023, I didn't end up staying tho. Please to inform that our one bedroom villa can accommodate your family by set up one extra bed for first child and 2nd child have to share bed with parents.Please make the booking for 2 adults 1 Child then add in the comment for the 2nd child.

The below is update on Child Policy:

• Children below 6 years old can share a paid room with their parents, with complimentary breakfast. Or 1 infants crib with breakfast on complimentary basis.
  • Children aged 6 12 years can share a paid room with their parents, breakfast would be at additional cost of THB 700++ (824 net) per day
  • Children aged 6 12 years can add an extra 1 roll-away bed at additional cost of THB 1,500+++ (1781 net) and inclusive of breakfast.
  • Children aged 13 years and above is considered an adult. An extra 1 roll-away bed will be charged at THB 3,000+++ (3561 net) and inclusive of breakfast.
Cynicor likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.