Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Hotel car service is pretty reasonable on Koh Samui, otherwise just get the hotel to book the taxi for you to avoid being ripped off.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Hi folks. I'm looking forward to my stay at CKS in a couple of weeks time over Easter and keen to understand more about the drink arrangements before I empty out Tesco's entire alcohol supply en route.

The wiki states that:

Happy Hour & Free Drinks:
--- Locations are Azure Bar & Grill (pool) 4-6PM and Main Lobby Lounge (mid-level) from 5-7PM
--- Non-alcoholic beverages are subject to the happy hour too
--- Only selected alcoholic beverages are included
- Diamond members also receive 4 drink coupons, Gold members receive 2 coupons (good at pool or mid-level hotel bar). Note: Coupons can be used throughout the day and are separate from the Happy Hour

A few follow up questions:

1. Does this mean that Happy hour drinks are 4-6pm served in Azure, and that from 5-7pm free drinks (served only to Golds and Diamonds?) are served in the Lobby Lounge?
2. Presumably the comment 'only selected alcoholic beverages are included' refer to the free drinks in the Lobby Lounge? If so, what type of drinks can I expect/not expect for a 5* luxury resort?
3. Does the Lobby Lounge bar get busy between 5-7pm with all the freeloaders like me? Would I need to arrive early to secure a good seat?

Thanks in advance.
Things may have changed since we were there in August but there was no free drink period for Diamonds. We had free drinks in the library but that was due to work being done on the pool.

There are multiple happy hours across the different bars. The free drinks in the wiki refers to the coupons.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Ah, good to know and of course, I would love to get upgrade but is the difference between base and upgraded room very steep one? I didn't get upgrade at Conrad Maldives but very happy with overwater standard villa room, though.
You find a lot of information about the difference between the different kind of villas and even between the different villas of the same standard. It‘s an unofficial science how to optimize a stay at the CKS. From my point of view - I‘ve staid at different villas from 1-room waterfront near the beach to 2-bedroom near the arrival lobby - the differences are not as big as you might think after reading all information.

The hotel is built at a steep mountainside. That means that the arrival lobby and the beach are at significant different heights. The villas are between them and all them are connected by a very winding and steep road. The standard of your villa affects at which height it is. The hotel offers a buggy service which works very well. But if you want to walk, it depends on where your villa is located at. It is easy to walk from a waterfront villa to the beach/main pool area or to the Zest restaurant for having breakfast. But it is a real kind of workout to walk to the Jahn restaurant or the arrival lobby from there.

It depends on you, which location is more suitable for you, if you prefer to stay closer to the beach or closer to the arrival lobby.

Of course, if you stay with kids, the 2-bedroom villa makes a lot of sense.

The other differences are not really important from my point of view as all villas are very nice.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Things may have changed since we were there in August but there was no free drink period for Diamonds. We had free drinks in the library but that was due to work being done on the pool.

There are multiple happy hours across the different bars. The free drinks in the wiki refers to the coupons.
I was told when we stayed here in Aug that there is no longer any more free drinks at all for HH. I think's it BOGO now.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:39 am

You get 4 voucher per stay (for 2 persons) to use at Zest or Azure right now.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Le Club Gold, Leaders Club
In January I got four vouchers as a Diamond, too. Could be used in all outlets (bars and restaurants), not sure about Jahn though (as we didn't go there). The drink voucher do not have anything to do with the happy hour (2 for 1), which you can use additionally.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by ps9a

I believe all the 1br villas are the same size. Upgrades get you higher on the hill and more dramatic views. Ours were unobstructed, but we were down low (just above the main pool and restaurant).
Not sure what the upgrade situation is, but this was included in my reservation email:

If what I've read so far is true, most of the villas are the same and elite status will allow you to request a higher level villa.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Havek
Not sure what the upgrade situation is, but this was included in my reservation email:

If what I've read so far is true, most of the villas are the same and elite status will allow you to request a higher level villa.
This is correct. I also received that in my confirmation email when we stayed there 2 years ago.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Similar to the warning HHV now provides at booking. Though that property continues to upgrade, despite the warning saying that they don't. Reducing expectations. They must get lots of complaints from guests disappointed with their room assignment.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

Just booked five nights with HHonors points in July. Will be our first trip to a resort like this so my wife and I are pretty excited. She recently picked up the Aspire so we'll be going in with Diamond status over Gold, although I'm not really sure how much extra that will get us.

I'm assuming it's worth contacting the hotel beforehand to let them know about what we're celebrating?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That would probably depend on what you're celebrating.
AleEat likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: free agent
I am ready to put 300k from Aspire, Ascend, and Business card + some leftover points toward CKS. However, I am wondering if CKS impose nonrefundable policy on award stay during high season? I noticed that Feb 2019 award stay is nonrefundable, while I decide to do dummy booking this October and notice that points can be refundable. Little hesitant to park 380k without any flexibility right now.

How's weather during October, but i assume it's wet season because paid rates is basically 50% off from February 2019 paid rates and upgrade chances should be much better.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I just returned from my stay and I was blown away. The property is abouslutely beautiful and I was treated so well by every single staff member I came in contact with. I truely felt appreciated for my Diamond status. I posted some video of the one and two bedrooms villas as well as some drone footage on my Facebook page. Feel free to check it out: facebook.com/chad.morton.10
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NWA012
I just returned from my stay and I was blown away. The property is abouslutely beautiful and I was treated so well by every single staff member I came in contact with. I truely felt appreciated for my Diamond status. I posted some video of the one and two bedrooms villas as well as some drone footage on my Facebook page. Feel free to check it out: facebook.com/chad.morton.10
Great video. So you were also upgraded mid-stay? Did you ask for an upgrade at check-in or at any point. After reviewing pics and our previous stay, I think we would be fine to stick with a 100 level room unless a 2 bdrm upgrade was available.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by NWA012
Awesome video, especially I find it very helpful to see what 100s room look like because I don't really count on upgrades if I decide to come next February. Standard room still look very awesome, and I might try to nudge them for upgrades during part of my stay if possible. Thanks for sharing the pics and videos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.