Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:46 am

We have just booked this on points for august. What is the typical cost of flying from Singapore- book now c£300 each or wait?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:36 pm
pjs

Staying here 7/28-7/30. Nonstop flight from Chiang Mai is currently $300/pp on Bangkok Airways, but flight still seems pretty empty. Any chance it will go down or should we book now? Would rather avoid a connection in BKK and get to the resort earlier. Thx.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
We have just booked this on points for august. What is the typical cost of flying from Singapore- book now c£300 each or wait?
There are only two carriers on that route, Bangkok Airways (PG) and Silk Air (MI). The fares really don't move. They're not going to get cheaper.

I use KF miles - 20k for business class one way on MI.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by pjs
Staying here 7/28-7/30. Nonstop flight from Chiang Mai is currently $300/pp on Bangkok Airways, but flight still seems pretty empty. Any chance it will go down or should we book now? Would rather avoid a connection in BKK and get to the resort earlier. Thx.
Earlier this month, I had an itinerary going from BKK -> Koh Samui->Chiang Mai. On Bangkok Air, the fare was more expensive from BKK-USM (shorter distance, but more expensive) than it was from USM to CNX. Round Trip USM-CNX was around 6990 THB (half for one way). That is approximately $223 USD/~$291 Singapore $ (current exchange rates). Although fares on Bangkok Air don't fluctuate often, there is a reasonable chance there may be another fare sale before the summer.

Last edited by conde; Jan 27, 2018 at 1:47 am Reason: updated $->USD/Singapore $
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:36 pm

Loved the Conrad Koh Samui and the breakfast was really good. They have fancy weddings here with a glass platform on the pool which is really cool. Everyone is friendly and we drove a small car from Avis- not sure of the name but it was a Toyota. We liked Green Talay for food and Island View Restaurant for atmosphere but the restaurants on property are good and a really nice setting with music so we ate there, too. Beautiful rooms and the layout of the hotel reminded us of Intercontinental Danang with all the hills. The buggies come really quickly so need to worry if it's hot.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:05 am

Hot tip: I assume most people on here do this already, but make sure your points are correctly calculated after your stay - including your incidentals. Mine were a complete mess and I contacted Hilton corporate to fix.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:21 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I've just completed a stay here with my wife, and I am slowly updating the trip report over in the Trip Report Forum - lots of photos and details to follow.

Our Mini-Moon to the Land of Smiles - UL J / PG Y, Peninsula BKK & Conrad Koh Samui

Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: free agent
Plan to put points from new Hilton Business & Aspire & Surpass card toward this property, but want to ask about crowd during February, especially Chinese New Years. I am thinking about staying at this property in early Feb 2019, which overlap with CNY. I should expect 90%+ load? It's reasonable to expect room upgrade during peak season like February, especially anyone who hold Hilton Diamond status.

Grab taxi works in this island, or I would have to deal with taxi mafia and their ridiculous prices?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Plan to put points from new Hilton Business & Aspire & Surpass card toward this property, but want to ask about crowd during February, especially Chinese New Years. I am thinking about staying at this property in early Feb 2019, which overlap with CNY. I should expect 90%+ load? It's reasonable to expect room upgrade during peak season like February, especially anyone who hold Hilton Diamond status.

Grab taxi works in this island, or I would have to deal with taxi mafia and their ridiculous prices?
Upthread a page or two I mentioned trying Navigo over Grab. It's frustrating, but doable. I went during the Christmas holidays and they were at full capacity and it thankfully never felt like I was surrounded by people. I wouldn't let timing dissuade you.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:28 pm

NYCRachel, thanks for datapoint. Yeah, I stayed at Conrad Maldives last month, I'm 99% sure that occupancy rate is over 95% but it does feel like it's just me and few people in whole resort except for breakfast hours. I expect to deal with crowds during breakfast hours, maybe happy hour as well since everyone is basically gold or diamond those days I usually use uber and grabtaxi in Thailand, but never heard of navigo till now, I'll check it out .
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond

The trip report linked in the post before yours indicated they were full over this CNY and thus a Diamond did not receive any upgrade.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
We were there over CNY last month. I think it was 100% full on our dates (they weren't selling rooms online)-- I booked 2 villas on points and didn't receive an upgrade on either, so I wouldn't book with that expectation. The base villas are quite nice, though.

Breakfast was very, very busy. The rest of the time, we didn't feel/notice crowds.

We used only the hotel car service to get around, so can't help you there-- I know it's a bad deal compared with other transportation options on the island, but relative to car service in most other places, it's pretty cheap.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by ps9a
We were there over CNY last month. I think it was 100% full on our dates (they weren't selling rooms online)-- I booked 2 villas on points and didn't receive an upgrade on either, so I wouldn't book with that expectation. The base villas are quite nice, though.

Breakfast was very, very busy. The rest of the time, we didn't feel/notice crowds.
Ah, good to know and of course, I would love to get upgrade but is the difference between base and upgraded room very steep one? I didn't get upgrade at Conrad Maldives but very happy with overwater standard villa room, though.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Ah, good to know and of course, I would love to get upgrade but is the difference between base and upgraded room very steep one? I didn't get upgrade at Conrad Maldives but very happy with overwater standard villa room, though.
I believe all the 1br villas are the same size. Upgrades get you higher on the hill and more dramatic views. Ours were unobstructed, but we were down low (just above the main pool and restaurant).
MaldivesFreak likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Hi folks. I'm looking forward to my stay at CKS in a couple of weeks time over Easter and keen to understand more about the drink arrangements before I empty out Tesco's entire alcohol supply en route.

The wiki states that:

Happy Hour & Free Drinks:
--- Locations are Azure Bar & Grill (pool) 4-6PM and Main Lobby Lounge (mid-level) from 5-7PM
--- Non-alcoholic beverages are subject to the happy hour too
--- Only selected alcoholic beverages are included
- Diamond members also receive 4 drink coupons, Gold members receive 2 coupons (good at pool or mid-level hotel bar). Note: Coupons can be used throughout the day and are separate from the Happy Hour

A few follow up questions:

1. Does this mean that Happy hour drinks are 4-6pm served in Azure, and that from 5-7pm free drinks (served only to Golds and Diamonds?) are served in the Lobby Lounge?
2. Presumably the comment 'only selected alcoholic beverages are included' refer to the free drinks in the Lobby Lounge? If so, what type of drinks can I expect/not expect for a 5* luxury resort?
3. Does the Lobby Lounge bar get busy between 5-7pm with all the freeloaders like me? Would I need to arrive early to secure a good seat?

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.