Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I realise that it is recommended in the wiki to visit 7-11 or have Mr Samu stop for you to pick up snacks and drinks, I would recommend instead using Tops home delivery. It's basically one of the largest grocers in Thailand and they deliver to the hotel. Delivery is 60 Baht, or if you order over 888 Baht (which is super easy to do), the delivery is free.

They have everything from beer and wine to snacks. We've ordered twice while here and the hotel receives them on your behalf and places the shopping bags in the room.

https://tops.co.th
Thanks for the heads up! This would be useful when we are there in late Feb. Btw, I clicked on the link but it does not load (assuming because I'm in the states) but did you do the order online via an app or you have to call in?

Much appreciated!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by metcon123
Thanks for the heads up! This would be useful when we are there in late Feb. Btw, I clicked on the link but it does not load (assuming because I'm in the states) but did you do the order online via an app or you have to call in?

Much appreciated!
Updated the link, should work now ;-). It will work outside Thailand but will albeit be slightly slow :-)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:29 pm

Updated the link, should work now ;-). It will work outside Thailand but will albeit be slightly slow :-)

Thanks!!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by rog92
You get the discount by simply showing your card in the app I think ("display card discount code"). CKS no longer participates in the program according to the new version, but I think if you enrolled in the old version they would still recognize it.
They are still participating in Hilton Dining Asia Pacific (which is the rebranded version). This was confirmed by the hotel a couple weeks ago in writing, and I am a new member of the programme and have been using my benefits here without a problem. The restaurants participating here are Zest, Azure, Jahn (so not The Cellar). Excellent value. I will make a recap after our current 10d stay of how much we saved using the Dining Asia Pacific programme. I am not sure why the Hilton Dining APAC website no longer has them listed..
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:48 pm

Pabuk storm

so what’s happening at the hotel now, with the storm and everything? Media is reporting people trapped on the island, airport closed, no boats etc. Sounds very chaotic. I was thinking of going next month but not so sure now..
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Naboo79
so what’s happening at the hotel now, with the storm and everything? Media is reporting people trapped on the island, airport closed, no boats etc. Sounds very chaotic. I was thinking of going next month but not so sure now..
I am planning to stay at CKS next month, and I was in HK 1-2 day after Typhoon Mangkut.. All I saw is bunch of fallen trees and minor building damages despite media clamoring that it's strongest storm ever in HK's history so I think media likely to hype up.

Speak of CKS, they offer upgrade to Retreat Pool Villa (#219 - 223) at daily rate of 3561 THB. I think I'll give it a pass since everyone say room look same and it come down to better view of sea from room, which isn't too important to me. i figure I could walk to somewhere higher to get better view of sea once then be done with it.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Naboo79
We are here right now. CKS is well protected given its location. It has however been raining heavily together with heavy winds. We were inside most of yesterday. Lots of activity during the night but nothing too crazy. It is supposed to clear out throughout the day today, and expected to be fully gone by tomorrow.

Kind of sucks though, we are on our 6th night and it’s been raining 4 of them.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Honors Diamond, Global Entry

We are here right now. CKS is well protected given its location. It has however been raining heavily together with heavy winds. We were inside most of yesterday. Lots of activity during the night but nothing too crazy. It is supposed to clear out throughout the day today, and expected to be fully gone by tomorrow.

Thanks so much for this info. For those of us booked to stay there in the next few weeks, this is reassuring, given the media coverage.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
brokenwindow - glad you're doing well. Been following your updates. Take care.
brokenwindow likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:26 am

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear about all the rainy days. January is usually a good month, with low chances of rain.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Originally Posted by brandonpkt
At CKS now - really enjoying our stay, however prefer the Conrad Maldives due to the world class snorkeling. One common experience between both Conrads is the daily push at every interaction with staff for us to book a spot for dinner.

It is almost comical because they really aren’t subtle about it at all. They come up to us, say hello, then ask what our dinner plans are for the evening. Does anyone know what type of financial incentives the staff earns to make dinner bookings on behalf of guests?

Most likely they are out of friendly intentions, not financial incentives.

Last edited by NotTellYou; Jan 5, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I made an error when booking a reservation here that I think is a bit confusing so I will relay the story here so nobody makes the same mistake. I am traveling to the resort at the end of this July and booked a couple of weeks ago. I looked on the website for the hotel, saw the layout of the one two and three bedroom villas, and then went to book and could only see one bedroom villas. I called hilton and asked about availability and they told me the CKS only showed availability on one bedroom villas when I wished to stay, so I went ahead and booked a one bedroom retreat for a total of 86000 baht for my three day stay on a non refundable prepaid rate. Once the booking is confirmed I was able to see I could request an upgrade to a 2 bedroom villa that I could possibly be upgraded into if there was availability when i checked in for an additional 10,000 baht per night, so I investigated a little further and discovered multi room villas need to be reserved from the CKS RESIDENCES website/code and this was confusing enough as it is, but the agent on the Hilton end also were not aware of this and there is a ton of availability for when I want to travel. The kicker is that the 2 bedroom villa would have actuallly came to a total of 82,000 baht so would have been a little cheaper had the website been a little more clear and had the agent at hilton been aware. I have contacted the Diamond desk to se if they will work with me on this, I'm not looking for a cheaper stay or any money back, but I also dont want to pay 10,000 baht per night for a "Possible upgrade" and not know what I'm getting when I check in. We will see what the response is from CKS as the diampnd desk has reached out to them for me but it is ultimately up to the hotel as its a non refundable non changeable rate.

Moral of the story is if you want a multiple bedroom villa you need to go to the CKS residences website and not the CKS website.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
And just as an update, the CKS has already contacted me and said they would upgrade the room type to 2 bedroom villa, and since the 2 bedroom villa is on special now would refund 9000 baht towards resort expenses. (I never even mentioned asking about any kind of refund, just wanted to try to upgrade which hilton initially said was impossible even if I paid more)

The reservationist also said this was not the first time someone had been unable to book a multi bedroom villa.

All in all great service from the desk there and they went above and beyond what I reasonably expected as I was just hoping to be able to get a paid upgrade at a more reasonable rate than they were offering, yet they actually upgraded me and refunded the difference since the larger room is on sale.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
[QUOTE=MaldivesFreak;30591866]Interesting. We've never ever had that at either property. My guess is you've made no dinner reservations previous to your arrival?

Sorry for the delay MF - been traveling; left CKS on the last day before the airport closed for the storm, so just missed out on all the rain.

We typically don’t make dinner reservations prior to Conrad Maldives and did not do so prior to CKS. Three visits in total to both properties and the daily inquiry into where we are dining at night seems to be a staple at both. Very minor point though as both hotels are fantastic.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:36 pm

Hilton Dining Asia Pacific

I'll be writing a proper review of our 10-day stay at Conrad Koh Samui and our overall experience soon, but promised to do a write-up on our saving using the Hilton Dining Asia Pacific / Hilton Premium Club programme.

We paid 8000 THB for the membership which we bought directly on the website with credentials immediately sent via email, and where all the certificates were immediately available via the app.

At Conrad Koh Samui, the following restaurants are participating in the dining benefit: Jahn, Zest, Azure. In other words, basically all F&B outlets at the hotel, beyond The Cellar (8-seat restaurant, which we never tried).

We used the following vouchers during our stay:
Buy 1, Get 1 Free Spa Treatment - For us, a value of 6500 THB (body scrub + massage for 2 pax)
Set Lunch for 2 - Three-course lunch, with a value of ~2000 THB
Set Dinner for 2 - Three-course lunch, with a value of ~2000 THB
Complimentary bottle of house wine - Saving of 2500 THB
50% off a bottle of wine/spirit - Saving of 1300 THB

We also of course had meals most days at Zest, Jahn or Azure. I saved all our receipts just to be able to write this report, and overall we saved 12800 THB on the meals we had throughout our stay using the Hilton Dining Asia Pacific discounts.

Total value we were able to derive during our stay was in other words: 27100 THB (discounts received) - 8000 THB (payment for the programme) = 19100 THB savings.

Worth noting here is that we still have multiple of the certificates left, like: 1 free night at one of the Thai properties excluding Conrad Koh Samui (I value stay at Conrad Bangkok at 4k THB nett); afternoon tea; room discounts.

Overall I'm super happy with the programme and it was very easy to use it while staying at the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.