Wiki Posts
Search

Ponts Earned for a Bonus Stay?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, AA
Talking Ponts Earned for a Bonus Stay?

OK, to me this seems really strange. I had a three night bonus stay at a Hilton property in Europe earlier this month. I just noticed that I got a total of 6,300+ points for the stay (total between base and bounus points). I did not have any room charges so I can't imagine why the points were awarded. The 6,300 points are a drop-in-the-bucket compared to the number of points I used for the stay... but I'll take them anyway. Just seems a bit strange to get points on a non-rev bonus stay. Has anyone else had this situation? (Details are intentionally vague as I don't want the points taken away by HH.)

Last edited by dondi; Apr 13, 2008 at 7:02 pm
Old Apr 13, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Often I get incidentals. Once I got the points as if I had paid cash for the stay, about ~30K.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:01 pm

Sometimes you get points on the amount that Hilton pays the hotel for the stay.

Also, sometimes these points are removed in a subsequent audit. But only sometimes.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I frequently get points if there is forced availability and it never ever happened to me that these credits were reversed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.