FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/776992-conrad-maldives-rangali-island-mdv.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Posts older than 2021 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREADS for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (to 2013), (2014 to 2017), (2018 to 2019) and (2020)

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

MaldivesFreak Jan 1, 2021 8:58 am

@lincoln boy Erm, that's not 331. 331 is a SWV. Seems I wasn't paying attention when I skimmed through your post. :p Are those pics of 330?

soy Jan 1, 2021 4:03 pm

I noticed a new (to me) statement on the website when I go to create a booking
"Children below 6 years old stay free and 14 years old and above are charged at full price. Additional child will be charged at $225++ per child per night for bookings between 24th Dec 2020 to 9th Jan 2021 and 21st Dec 2021 to 6th Jan 2022"

Historically, kids under 12 were free, but this statement creates makes that simple rule more complex. I think it is saying;
  • Kids under 6 are always free
  • Kids 14 and over are always full price
  • Kids between 6 and 14 are free, except for the dates noted above, where they are charged 225 per night
Has the kids policy changed, or am I misunderstanding this?

lincoln boy Jan 1, 2021 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak (Post 32928949)
@lincoln boy Erm, that's not 331. 331 is a SWV. Seems I wasn't paying attention when I skimmed through your post. :p Are those pics of 330?

😱you are right. That’s 330. We went with friends and they stayed right next to us so I thought their room was 331. But I guess it was 328.

englisha Jan 2, 2021 12:36 am

Originally Posted by soy (Post 32930004)
I noticed a new (to me) statement on the website when I go to create a booking
"Children below 6 years old stay free and 14 years old and above are charged at full price. Additional child will be charged at $225++ per child per night for bookings between 24th Dec 2020 to 9th Jan 2021 and 21st Dec 2021 to 6th Jan 2022"

Historically, kids under 12 were free, but this statement creates makes that simple rule more complex. I think it is saying;
  • Kids under 6 are always free
  • Kids 14 and over are always full price
  • Kids between 6 and 14 are free, except for the dates noted above, where they are charged 225 per night
Has the kids policy changed, or am I misunderstanding this?

it does look like something new. We stayed over Xmas in 2019 with 2 kids (Then 6 and 9) on points and weren't charged extra.

I've been checking everyday for award availability for Xmas 2021 which is yet to materialise, but this new charge for my kids (who will be 8 and 11) makes me think again. Would definitely seek clarification on the "additional" child meaning...could be read or argued as if they are already included in the booking, you're ok.

milessavus Jan 2, 2021 1:52 am

just because i may not use them. i checked last week and there was standard pricing at Waldorf Maldives right after Xmas.

milessavus Jan 2, 2021 1:53 am

Originally Posted by englisha (Post 32930805)
it does look like something new. We stayed over Xmas in 2019 with 2 kids (Then 6 and 9) on points and weren't charged extra.

I've been checking everyday for award availability for Xmas 2021 which is yet to materialise, but this new charge for my kids (who will be 8 and 11) makes me think again. Would definitely seek clarification on the "additional" child meaning...could be read or argued as if they are already included in the booking, you're ok.

last i checked there was standard redemptions available right after xmas at Waldorf Maldives. Don't think I'll be able to book that though.

MaldivesFreak Jan 2, 2021 6:03 am

There has always been an additional person / child charge (above what the room charges are for two adults and one child, i.e; standard occupancy for BV, WV, SWV, DWV & PWV at Rangali) but I don't think they've ever charged them to people booking directly through the website or Hilton call centre. The pricing has always been seasonal and it is higher over Festive Season. I've always seen it on their website when making a booking and they listed this charge in their Best Rates PDFs but they haven't done those for a few years now. The only difference I'm seeing here is the age where it was 12 but now 14. They may have decided, as you've hypothesized in point #3 in your post, to actually implement this charge during Festive Season.

englisha Jan 2, 2021 7:29 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak (Post 32931138)
There has always been an additional person / child charge (above what the room charges are for two adults and one child, i.e; standard occupancy for BV, WV, SWV, DWV & PWV at Rangali) but I don't think they've ever charged them to people booking directly through the website or Hilton call centre.

When I search for 2 adults and 2 children, the bv comes up as being for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Isn't this the standard occupancy for this room? I'm still not clear if I book a bv for Xmas 2021 for 2+2 (aged 8 and 11) if I will be charged the extra for 1 or 2 additional children or maybe not at all.

MaldivesFreak Jan 2, 2021 8:02 am

AFAIK there has always been a discrepancy between the website and what they allow. There are a few examples of this in the thread way back. The website will show that 3 or 4 can stay in a room under the configurations you have mentioned but they will supposedly charge for the 4th person (the child) if 2+2 or the 3rd adult too. I think this is why they do not enforce the policy. Best to check with the reservations department before you make your booking and if you can post back here I'll add the info to the wiki.

englisha Jan 2, 2021 8:08 am

I sent them a message to clarify, as we were hoping for a 10 night stay (if availability opens up), so it would make a big difference.

btw 2 years ago when we stayed (booked a year in advance so 3 years ago), I posted about the discrepancy and booked 2 adults and 1 child, but stayed with 2 kids, quoting the website...however now you can actually book the bv with 2 adults and 2 kids confirmed at booking, so this has now been updated.

I will update the thread when i get a response :)

bichoo Jan 2, 2021 10:06 pm

Has anyone been able to secure a paid upgrade from a beach villa to an overwater during the first week of January or during the holiday season timeframe?

MaldivesFreak Jan 3, 2021 10:40 am

Never heard of anyone getting one but FYI you'd be extremely lucky to get one anyway as they are at 98, 99 or 100% occupancy right throughout the Festive Season every single year.

Morgo Jan 3, 2021 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bichoo (Post 32933224)
Has anyone been able to secure a paid upgrade from a beach villa to an overwater during the first week of January or during the holiday season timeframe?

I had a free upgrade from BV to OWV for the period Dec 20-24 just gone, but that was due to noise nuisance so perhaps extraordinary.

MaldivesFreak Jan 3, 2021 12:25 pm

What kind of noise was it? Construction or neighbours maybe?