Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
Just received upgrade rates for my July stay

Beach Villa to Water Villa, USD 82 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa, USD 163 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa, USD 285 + 10% SC + 12% TGST

I read that WV snorkeling isn't that great compared to the SWV. I'm assuming there are other great snorkeling places if I pick the WV, but can someone please confirm?. Leaning towards WV to save some cash for other things.
Actually got a message back and there are only deluxe beach and water villas left. The DWV is now half what I was originally quoted. Original was 760 a night and now 380.

Last edited by hyperzulu; Apr 27, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Looks like its getting filled up in July, glad I upgraded to a DWV and will be there before they close the quiet zone!

That water villa price is a no-brainer though.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
Just received upgrade rates for my July stay

Beach Villa to Water Villa, USD 82 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa, USD 163 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa, USD 285 + 10% SC + 12% TGST

I read that WV snorkeling isn't that great compared to the SWV. I'm assuming there are other great snorkeling places if I pick the WV, but can someone please confirm?. Leaning towards WV to save some cash for other things.
Adding those to the wiki shortly. Thanks.

If you go for a WV, there's a 50% chance you'll get one on the sunrise side which has no coral (dead or otherwise) and so no fish to speak of around those villas. If you get one on the sunset side however, it will be totally different. I suggest you email the reservations department a couple of weeks out and request a sunset-side WV and cross your fingers that they assign you one.

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Just a heads up for those travelling to CMRI;

"In a continual effort to evolve the resort's facilities, we are closing the Quiet Zone Pool from 17 July 2017 to 22 August 2017 to carry out maintenance and upgrade works. The Main Infinity Pool on Rangali Finolhu Island will be open and continue to operate as usual. We look forward to welcoming you to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island."
Cheers. Will add that too.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
For late October, my upgrade opportunities:

BV to DBV - $171.50++
BV to SWV - $137.20++
BV to RWV - $240.10++
Old May 1, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Adding those to the wiki shortly. Thanks.

If you go for a WV, there's a 50% chance you'll get one on the sunrise side which has no coral (dead or otherwise) and so no fish to speak of around those villas. If you get one on the sunset side however, it will be totally different. I suggest you email the reservations department a couple of weeks out and request a sunset-side WV and cross your fingers that they assign you one.

Cheers. Will add that too.

Thanks. I requested the sunset side several months back. Will send them a friendly reminder closer to July
Old May 1, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by freeloader
For late October, my upgrade opportunities:

BV to DBV - $171.50++
BV to SWV - $137.20++
BV to RWV - $240.10++
Great rates. On average half of normal. Just a question, and that is are you 100% sure those are for the end of October, not the end of September (which is the end of the shoulder season)? Sorry to ask you to double check, it's just that they seem awfully low by comparison. TIA.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Hmmm... I guess I need to send them an e-mail as well. Staying the first two weeks of October and those prices are tempting. ^
Old May 1, 2017, 11:08 pm

Latest review over on TA has a guest being upgraded to a SunWV. Pretty rare occurrence. From memory I've only seen one other review there where guests were upgraded to a SunWV. This one was for a few nights, too.

Here's the excerpt from jlh67's review

We were upgraded to the Super McDaddy Sunset Overwater villa for our last few days..
I think I'll PM her and ask her which one she got and for how many nights and report back.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Sent off an email for an upgrade quote but maybe I wasn't direct enough and got a not so direct reply, suggesting it would be 30% off BAR ... whatever that means.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:49 am

Great rates. On average half of normal. Just a question, and that is are you 100% sure those are for the end of October, not the end of September (which is the end of the shoulder season)? Sorry to ask you to double check, it's just that they seem awfully low by comparison. TIA.
Yea, I was shocked when they came back so low! haha, I panicked for a second with your message, but I double checked - my dates are confirmed in mid-late October. maybe they made a mistake on their end (i'll take it though!

now the only debate is do I do the SWV or the RWV ... hmmmm
Old May 2, 2017, 9:21 am

Ten days to go! Leaving for Sydney tonight.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Sent off an email for an upgrade quote but maybe I wasn't direct enough and got a not so direct reply, suggesting it would be 30% off BAR ... whatever that means.
It means 30% off the difference in BARs between BV and whatever category you're upgrading to.

Originally Posted by freeloader
Yea, I was shocked when they came back so low! haha, I panicked for a second with your message, but I double checked - my dates are confirmed in mid-late October. maybe they made a mistake on their end (i'll take it though!

now the only debate is do I do the SWV or the RWV ... hmmmm
Nice! I'll add the rates to the wiki. And I know I'd take the SWV any day of the week but that's because we are only two (usually, so don't need the extra room) and also because it'd guarantee a sunset view.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Is lunch the best time for dining at Ithaa? I'm afraid if we book for dinner it gets dark and we're just sitting in a black tube.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:50 pm

Nice! I'll add the rates to the wiki. And I know I'd take the SWV any day of the week but that's because we are only two (usually, so don't need the extra room) and also because it'd guarantee a sunset view.
Thanks! you swayed me!!
Old May 2, 2017, 1:51 pm

Quite te the opposite. Lunch is overly hot, bright, smaller fish, less good food (IMO).

dinner is cooler, tastier, bigger creatures and an overall better experience. Worth the $ difference, though I've only done each one once.

Originally Posted by chongl
Is lunch the best time for dining at Ithaa? I'm afraid if we book for dinner it gets dark and we're just sitting in a black tube.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.