Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by FFlash
Last time I had a milage run with junior and checked-in at 22:20. Offerings were taken away, but check-in desk called lounge to take care of us. Once upstairs there, an attendant came to us ask what we wanted to have^ Junior just wanted to have a coke.
...and Senior was happy with a Diet Coke?
Old May 25, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Stayed last week, unfortunately it was a 10:00 arrival followed by an 04:30 checkout, but upgraded to a king exec. Hotel is not very inspiring on the outside, but fine on the inside...

Last edited by timfountain; May 25, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My review of the Hilton Helsinki Airport with pictures is now available as part of a recent Finnair trip report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ss-w-pics.html
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by khkchan
had a lovely stay at this hotel for 1 night. Was upgraded to executive floor on a P&C stay (as HHonors Gold). [...]
Hello,

What is the current status with regards to Gold upgrades and Lounge access at this hotel?

Any change since this report from end of 2016?

Thanks in advance,
Yann
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by yann
Hello,

What is the current status with regards to Gold upgrades and Lounge access at this hotel?

Any change since this report from end of 2016?

Thanks in advance,
Yann
Stayed there 4 or 5 times this year, always get upgraded as Gold to executive room with lounge access and breakfast in the restaurant.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AhogZ
Stayed there 4 or 5 times this year, always get upgraded as Gold to executive room with lounge access and breakfast in the restaurant.
I just stayed at this hotel last Friday, and was not upgraded to an executive room. This would not have bothered me, except that I was told that only Executive Rooms have access to the lounge and that the lounge was too small to allow Gold members access except for those who got upgraded to the Executive floor.

I was told that a "surprise" awaited in my room to make up for the lack of upgrade. The surprise was how little was offered - two bottles of water (which are supposed to be provided to Golds anyway), a dozen grapes, an orange, and a kiwi fruit.

After this unpleasant surprise, I talked with the duty manager who agreed to offering a drink and a snack in the bar (but only at my suggestion). The whole experience was disappointing - it felt like pulling teeth to get Gold benefits at this hotel. This is the first time I've had such a disappointment as a Gold, but I've only returned to this status recently and wonder if this is the new normal?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
.......only Executive Rooms have access to the lounge and that the lounge was too small to allow Gold members access except for those who got upgraded to the Executive floor.....
The manager is following T&C of Hilton policy.

Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.

If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...its/terms.html
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
The manager is following T&C of Hilton policy.

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...its/terms.html
Thanks for clarifying Hilton's policy, which I am now familiar with. I guess I got lucky on my first post-Gold stay in April and got upgraded at Frankfurt Airport, so got access to the Executive lounge that way, thinking it was because I was a Gold member. I do recall getting into the EL's as a Gold the last time I had status, but that was over a decade ago.

The Helsinki front desk staff had promised a bottle of wine as part of the surprise package in my room when I checked in and was not upgraded, and when that did not occur, I think they became open to my suggestion of a drink at the bar.

I'll adjust my expectations going forward....
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:56 pm

...The Helsinki front desk staff had promised a bottle of wine as part of the surprise package in my room when I checked in and was not upgraded, and when that did not occur, I think they became open to my suggestion of a drink at the bar.

I'll adjust my expectations going forward....

Have stayed at this hotel many times and as a Diamond member of course I always get access to the lounge. However, there have been occasions when they have also refused a room upgrade claiming they were full, which I did not believe; my suspicions were confirmed when I checked with a staff member at breakfast the next morning. Also, this hotel has several rooms / suites which have an electric sauna inside the room. I had been uprgraded to these rooms a few times, but denied on other occasions. I think it purely depends on who is at the front desk.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
I just stayed at this hotel last Friday, and was not upgraded to an executive room. This would not have bothered me, except that I was told that only Executive Rooms have access to the lounge and that the lounge was too small to allow Gold members access except for those who got upgraded to the Executive floor.

I was told that a "surprise" awaited in my room to make up for the lack of upgrade. The surprise was how little was offered - two bottles of water (which are supposed to be provided to Golds anyway), a dozen grapes, an orange, and a kiwi fruit.

After this unpleasant surprise, I talked with the duty manager who agreed to offering a drink and a snack in the bar (but only at my suggestion). The whole experience was disappointing - it felt like pulling teeth to get Gold benefits at this hotel. This is the first time I've had such a disappointment as a Gold, but I've only returned to this status recently and wonder if this is the new normal?
While I had no problem being upgraded 3 times with lounge access given at the Hilton Airport, I encountered exactly the issue you describe during my only stay at the Strand.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:10 am

Guess I was lucky; we got upgraded to the Executive Floor, and had the sauna in the room. Also the same at the Rome Hilton Airport (no sauna though ). I'm a Gold.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Great Stay at the Helsinki Airport Hilton

Hilton Helsinki Airport

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Hilton Helsinki Airport

Lentaejaenkuja 1 Vantaa, Finland FI 01530

Great Stay at the Helsinki Airport Hilton (11 Photos)

Hilton Helsinki Airport

Check In

The hotel is a short walk from the airport - 5 mins max and easy to find and pull a roller bag too!  My check in was quick and all the facilities explained to me.  I had been upgraded to an Executive King room which I had selected prior to arrival.  The foyer is really funky - with fireplaces and faux silver birch tree - all very ‘Finnish’ and entirely appropriate!

7642DAB5-F6F5-46FF-BEE0-C41306A3FDDD.jpe17FE1258-7C69-41E5-BC36-EC74FB8DD571.jpe

Room

My first impression of the room was cozy - not in a small way but welcoming way!  The view was sort of airport view -more car park than airport but I was only there to sleep!  The bed was really comfy for a Hilton and had plug sockets by the bed.  The bathroom was large and had a separate shower and bath - and in the morning I found the floor was heated which was a nice surprise!  The shower is not the strongest and there was the usual Peter Thomas Roth amenities.  

Over all I thought the room was very nice, it was certainly quiet!

67551940-5CBC-406B-A646-E143210CDFA9.jpe375A4388-7CAF-4357-A43C-6626781FEC12.jpe7CA9FC92-F6DA-4471-AEED-61E6F5E91BFB.jpe086F9887-1CF9-4B17-9D7D-AB2D79656F99.jpe

Service

The service thoroughout was great - although to be honest I only dealt with 1 lady thoroughout!  The smae lady who checked me in was the lounge lady too!! 

Dining

I only ate evening snacks in the lounge and thought there were of good quality but slightly limited - luckily I was not too hungry.  The lounge hours were breakfast 7am-10am, afternoon coffee & tea 11am-6pm and then evening apitizers 6pm-8pm with drinks carrying on until 10pm.

The white wine served was of great quality, and there was also red plus spirits.  The 2 hot options on the night I stayed were meatballs (which were really nice) and some puff pasty things.  There was also some salad and a cheese plate.  Not enough to make an evening meal out of but enough to stave off hunger if required.

The view from the lounge is an airport view although there was not much going on when I was there - I think it may be on the wrong side to see much but it is nice.  The lounge also was quite quiet when I stayed - very unusual for a Hilton airport Executive Lounge and I was pleasantly surprised.

2C3CE974-4170-46D2-943E-7E4DEB1C9C06.jpe51FDA2D3-899F-4F0E-8F93-1CDE72613492.jpeDFF74065-C816-4881-9095-3A55D86326E5.jpe93A33874-EDB3-4A32-AAD5-1FFCEC43E02B.jpe3ED6B10B-3622-4897-BDED-50DBBAA9032B.jpe

The hotel is right next to the airport - literally 5 mins walk via an under covered walk walk.  That said it is not heated so if doing it in the winter make sure you are dressed appripriately.  It is well signposted too so easy to find.

Overall

Overall I was really impressed with this airport - it can be quite pricey but I definitely think it is worth considering if looking for an airport hotel.  The staff were friendly - the lounge was nice and quiet, with great wines and the bed was pretty comfy for a Hilton!  With a quick walk to the airport, I think this ticks all the boxes for an airport hotel, in fact I think it is one of the better ones that I have stayed at!

Great Stay at the Helsinki Airport Hilton

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Helsinki Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
FLYGVA and MrSnoot78 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Not sure why my review has posted like a normal thread and without any of my photos??

aks120
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:17 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Stayed there a week ago Friday to Saturday arriving from Doha. The hotel is easily reachable from the terminal and most of the walk ois covered. There are ramps but no elevator available.

Was upgraded to a Club Room, which was nice, though a bit small. But okay for a one night stay. Much space to store things and the layout and design, as mentioned by @aks120 , is indeed cozy using a warm colour scheme.

The lounge is small and might becomed crowded. Buffet is okay (had the same options as @aks120).

There is a small gym in the basement accessible by only one of the three elevatros (the left one) with a adjacent sauna. I found the Sauna to be small and not very comfortable. There are two for each gender.

What I really liked is that they offer a small continental breakfast starting at 03:30 in the restaurant which is very nice if you have to leave the hotel before the start of the usual breakfast time. You can use it as Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond guest.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
The hotel is easily reachable from the terminal and most of the walk ois covered. There are ramps but no elevator available.
I remember an elevator (lift) half way through the walk between terminal and the hotel which could be used instead of the only flight of stairs on the route.

The lift is just before you come to the Finnair building when leaving the terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.