Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Does anyone know if there is a chance to get an upgrade to an suite here? Do they always give you an one class upgrade as an Diamond? I will stay there during Christmas time, and a room with a sauna would be awesome.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum
Hilton Helsinki-Vantaa Airport

Didn't have the luch of an upgrade to suite as a diamond in the very very low season. Good luck though!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just an upgrade to executive room. Don't get your hopes up!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:24 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Does anyone know if there is a chance to get an upgrade to an suite here? Do they always give you an one class upgrade as an Diamond? I will stay there during Christmas time, and a room with a sauna would be awesome.
Apart from junior suites and suites, there are "family rooms" with saunas. Just contact the hotel beforehand and they are usually very reflective to the aspirations of diamond members.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
THX for all your replies, I will contact the hotel upfront, so I make sure that I get the sauna room.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Ed Size
My strategy (not specific to this hotel)when I really want to increase my chance of a suite is to not book the base-line rooms. If the price is right I make a paid reservation in, for example, an Executive room, which almost certainly results in a suite a check-in. Enjoy your Christmas trip!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I got upgrade from a regular award room to a 2 room suite with sauna as a diamond couple of weeks ago. That's rare, first time in something like 50 stays in last 4 years. Hotel was very busy and expensive this day. It's a pity I was in the room for about 5 hours.

Sometimes I've booked the cheapest room and went for NOR1 upgrade to King Executive Plus which also has sauna. It may be a good value. So far 100% success rate on NOR1.

I really like early continental breakfast served from 3:30am at this hotel.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by dabee69
I got upgrade from a regular award room to a 2 room suite with sauna as a diamond couple of weeks ago. That's rare, first time in something like 50 stays in last 4 years. Hotel was very busy and expensive this day. It's a pity I was in the room for about 5 hours.
Barely enough for a good sauna bath ...
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dabee69
I really like early continental breakfast served from 3:30am at this hotel.
That's the only one I got to try due to an early departure- how is the regular one?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
That's the only one I got to try due to an early departure- how is the regular one?
I recall the regular one starts at 5:30. You will be on the safe side to check it directly with the hotel.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Very convenient hotel for an overnight TP run. Had booked a super cheap sale rate so was happy to get upgraded to an executive room on the 5th floor. Room was fine and very clean.

Went to the lounge for some food and drink. Good selection of wines, beers and spirits which is great given the prices in Finland!

Breakfast starts at 6AM on Saturday and Sunday.

Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:23 am

Loved this hotel

I guess I was lucky. I'm a gold. We got the sauna room on the Executive floor. Just stayed one night (connecting from St. Petersburg back to the US). But it was really nice. Breakfast down the hall.

Here's a few photos of the sauna. You walk through the bathroom and it's at the end.

view from window:

Last edited by lbotez; Mar 15, 2016 at 6:13 am
Old May 30, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
2nd time staying here on points, upgraded from base room to Executive room on 5th floor. The lounge is being remodeled after an 'accident' and is temporarily on the 1st floor.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
2nd time staying here on points, upgraded from base room to Executive room on 5th floor. The lounge is being remodeled after an 'accident' and is temporarily on the 1st floor.
Inquiring minds want to know
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Had a one night stay here due to an early flight out. Upgraded to an Executive room at e-checkin and had virtually the whole floor to pick from. At check in I was told my room wasn't available so got a double upgrade to an exec plus room.

Very nice room and hotel. Couldn't hear any plane noise and the first Hilton I've been at in ages where you can find a seat in the lounge in the evenings. Great staff too, and the lounge host was always checking to keep everything topped up and that everyone had what they needed. Had a lovely stay here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.