Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:59 am

I have a stay here booked in early September. I have little experience with the Hilton chain and no status. I acquired enough points via Amex/Citi for an award stay and ended up booking a Cash & Points stay.

Reading through this thread it seems that upgrades that give access to the Exec Lounge have been easy to score with Gold status at this property. I'm thinking about applying for the Amex Surpass mainly for the Gold status.

Anyone want to guess what my odds will be of getting executive lounge access as a Gold in early September at this property?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I have stayed here 3 or 4 times booking a standard room and getting an Exec. I also think that they give a NOR1 upgrade option too.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Stayed there in November and enjoyed the property. However at that time they had a policy no club access for Golds. Reason being is due to the abundance of status customers due to holding a credit card lounge can not cope with the numbers. They are focused on making the lounge an enjoyable experience for those who use it. They provide a nice afternoon tea with cakes and other snacks, plus drinks. Staff are very proactive about maintaining lounge. I would not hesitate to stay there again. I can't see any issue with location. We are a couple in our 50s and certainly had no issue walking downtown to Harp etc. we also ate on property at the downstairs restaurant and really enjoyed the food served.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:07 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Has anyone with Hilton Gold stayed there lately and has an update on club access?
We have 3 nights booked (on points) in July and are hoping they will give us a room with club access.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by LHG
Has anyone with Hilton Gold stayed there lately and has an update on club access?
We have 3 nights booked (on points) in July and are hoping they will give us a room with club access.
Quite likely
Old May 24, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by LHG
I stayed in February and had club access as a gold. It wasn't particularly busy that weekend.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:43 am
DH

Lounge Access for Family?

Does Hilton Reykjavik Nordica grant lounge access for the family of 4? I have 2 rooms reservation in November and I'm looking for input from family travelers. I have mixed experiences with various locations having different polices; some granted lounge access to the whole family while others limited to 2.

Thx in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:08 pm

Lounge access for 4 people

I stayed at this hotel in October 2016, and had no problem accessing the lounge with my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 small children).
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the spa still provide free 15 minute massages to guests while they enjoy the whirlpool?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:28 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
To answer the last two posters: If you have the access card for the lounge, you can walk in with your group. No one checks you off a list or seems to care who goes in with you. (Generally there is a single staff member working at one time). The food service is adequate but the buffet downstairs has more to offer at breakfast.
Yes, they still provide free massage while in hot tub at the spa.
We were there late July for 3 nights. Only issues we had were that large number of people in Iceland on cruises seem to stay there and clog up the lobby and lines at the front desk (ie multiple elderly couples trying to check in early at 10AM).
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just back from Iceland. The massage is a neck & head massage, proper massage, girls are from Thailand. Access to the spa is free for gold & diamond, others have to pay. There is a couple of steam rooms, 4 hot tubs (one outside), a sauna & a plunge pool for those that fancy a heart attack.
The lounge is excellent with good views out over the city & beyond.
For those travelling with kids beware, you will be asked to leave the lounge when the 'happy hour' is on if your kid is under 12 - due to Icelandic legislation apparently.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:13 am
DH

Originally Posted by DH
Does Hilton Reykjavik Nordica grant lounge access for the family of 4? I have 2 rooms reservation in November and I'm looking for input from family travelers. I have mixed experiences with various locations having different polices; some granted lounge access to the whole family while others limited to 2.

Thx in advance.
I had two rooms for the family of 4 and we all got lounge access. We enjoyed the breakfast at the downstairs which has a lot better food offerings. The lounge got crowded during the evening hours. Looks like everyone was enjoying free beer & wine...

BTW it offers early check-in at 2,000 ISK for those who are arriving in the morning.

Last edited by DH; Nov 22, 2017 at 8:18 am Reason: Additional info.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Executive lounge inquiry in Iceland

I am booked at the Hilton REYKJAVIK. If I booked a standard queen room as a diamond member would I be able to use the lounge? Thanks so much.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
There are three properties in the city. If you mean the Nordica, then yes you will get access to the lounge as a Diamond. It's a rather nice lounge too. ETA: Having only stayed at the Nordica, I'm not sure about the other properties, but as a Diamond, you should have access to any lounge.
mphall likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:03 pm

We stayed at the other Hilton ( not Nordica ). Really nice hotel.

Booked basic room with points/cash. Upgraded to suite. Lounge was offered for diamond, along with breakfast.

We were only there one night though before the road trip. I'm sure that helped with the upgrade, but lounge and breakfast should be guaranteed. The lounge certainly helps cut some costs out of the trip given how crazy expensive food/drinks are in Iceland.
mphall likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.