Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The rates (Kronor or points) may have changed during your intended stay which seems to give the HHonors site HHiccups.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I really hope it's not a mistake, cos I have an upcoming booking, but the cat.5 rate for points currently applies to all rooms. It's not a "premium reward" according to what you actually book, but I am paying 35,000 for a King Executive Suite. Really looking forward to it and hoping that I don't get it snatched away as some sort of error, and I wonder if I'll still get a diamond upgrade - only presidential is higher i believe!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
Good to see that the old Hotel Esja is doing good as a Hilton.

I´ve been thinking about using some of my Hilton Points and stay there next time I go visit home
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What are the chances that a gold member will be upgraded to an executive room with lounge access??
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:05 pm

I was gold and I was upgraded with lounge access. The lounge had delicious snacks, and the room had lounge chairs to relax in.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:32 pm

True. Here on a 3-night stay now - got upgraded to the executive level, with spa and executive lounge access. Room on the 9th floor, amazing views over the mountains and the fjord.

The lounge is pretty good. The snacks is a good dinner actually. Beer, wine and hard alcohol available. Soft drinks, cookies, coffee and yoghurts available all day long. Took some stuff down from the lounge. Nobody cares.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:12 pm

A few questions

If you were upgraded as gold/plat, did you book the regular or plus room?

Also, did they offer breakfast buffet in the downstairs lounge instead of exec lounge as a gold/plat amenity or was breakfast limited to exec lounge?

Thanks!

Last edited by freecia; Jan 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm Reason: snacks aren't meals ;)
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Karter
I really hope it's not a mistake, cos I have an upcoming booking, but the cat.5 rate for points currently applies to all rooms. It's not a "premium reward" according to what you actually book, but I am paying 35,000 for a King Executive Suite.
Interesting.. It's 125,000 points now!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There are still some residual benefits from it having been a non-Hilton hotel: free video on demand, 20p/ min international phone calls, free Internet and $1 drinks in the mini bar.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:35 pm

Back at the property now...basically the same as last time. Staying for 4 nights this time.

I had two rooms booked, one for me and one for my sister, booked at amazing 40 EUR rate. The hotel was fully booked, but received an upgrade to QUEEN EXECUTIVE PLUS for one room, and the other room was just what I booked - standard queen room. Wow, the executive room is much larger, fresher and feels much more lush than the standard room.

The adjoining Pizza Hut have closed down. Used the complimentary shuttle to the city center, very convenient.

BTW - I was also told by the front desk that even gold members get lounge access even if they are not upgraded to the executive floor. Very, very nice gesture! So even if you aren't upgraded you will have lounge access

UPDATE: their internet have become little bit slow at times, I guess it is because it is open for EVERYONE now, last time I was here you needed a voucher to use it. They have also removed the minibar items, so now there is only an empty fridge in the rooms (but that is very convenient). They have also removed all the glassware in the rooms. Only two coffeemugs left.

Last edited by skrosvik; Feb 24, 2012 at 4:06 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Parking

Nice trip report. I will be there in September, looking forward to it. Is there actually some free parking around the Hilton?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just come back from a long weekend. Booked 2 double rooms as part of a holiday package through Icelandair.

Check in staff seem to be well versed with turning down upgrade requests from guests with Diamond/Gold status; by quoting the usual "....unfortunately bookings made through a 3rd party are not entitled to status benefits beyond free internet....."

Judging from the manner of their robotic response they must have come across such requests on a daily basis.

The hotel itself is good but we were allocated 2x low floor rooms with carpark view. We dined at the VOX and are happy with the standard in general. Prices are similar to what we would pay when dining in Central London.

Overall I would come back to Hilton Nordica but next time I would book direct.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Nice trip report. I will be there in September, looking forward to it. Is there actually some free parking around the Hilton?
Plenty of free parking in the carpark outside front door of hotel.

We stayed there 2 years ago. They had a water problem in that there was NO hot water for our shower a couple of times. We are staying again next month. Hope that is fixed as cold water in Iceland is REALLY cold. Room was fine otherwise.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
Trip Report - July 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect based on varied reviews. Arrived early morning (8am) on 28 July. Had a reservation starting the prior evening. I'm HH Gold through ownership at West 57th St.

Were given an Executive Floor room with water view. Executive lounge access has been worth a fortune. Very nice breakfast every day. Home made breads that are out of this world. Afternoon from 3 to 6 is, I guess, "tea" with pastries etc. At 6 they put out evening "snacks" which are quite substantial. The honor bar also open but no one seems to fill out any paperwork making drinks essentially free. Open the rest of the day for complimentary sodas or coffee.

Room includes free wi fi. Only issue we had was the circuit breaker kept flipping when we came back to the room. It's one of those things where you put your key card in the slot to get electricity. We have 2 CPAP breathing machines and 2 computers. Apparently that's too much pull at once when the circuits come back on. Not a problem once things are running.

The largest city swimming pool, hot tub complex is about a 10 minute walk away. We were here 25 years ago and were nearly the only foreigners at the pool. That is no longer the case. Iceland has been discovered.

The botanical gardens are just past the pool and were lovely. Had lunch at the Cafe Flora in the botanical gardens. Wonderful food with an amazing presentation.

We felt the Reykavik Welcome Card was a good investment. Unlimited city buses as well as other city facilities like pools and museums. Easy buses from the hotel. If you are reasonably ambitious it's not too much of a walk to town.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Shocked that alcoholic drinks are not free here as they usually are at Hilton exec lounges throughout Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.