Conrad Bali {IDN}

Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:07 pm

No free laundry for upgrades.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Highly encourage anyone thinking of booking here to continue looking elsewhere. My partner and I stayed here in January 2016 and found the property to be quite dated and dirty. The public areas were not clean and everything just seemed a little run down. This property would be a fine Hilton or very nice Doubletree but it's simply not in the same ballpark as many other Conrads.

Oh, and the lounge is nothing special either. Very dated and poor snack/drink selection. Super crowded at cocktail hour.

We went over to the brand-new Ritz Carlton for dinner and realized we had really made the wrong choice on where to say
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Anyone knows at what rate this hotel usually goes (travel dates in October - standard room) during the Discover Asia sale?
Lowest rate on their website at the moment is $164 + 21% taxes which I find pretty high.
My options are booking trough a 3rd party (much lower price - still getting my benefits but NO points) or waiting for the rates to go down during a Discover Asia or other sale (risking that my travel dates are booked or the 3rd party rate is gone by that time).
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Anyone knows at what rate this hotel usually goes (travel dates in October - standard room) during the Discover Asia sale?
Lowest rate on their website at the moment is $164 + 21% taxes which I find pretty high.
My options are booking trough a 3rd party (much lower price - still getting my benefits but NO points) or waiting for the rates to go down during a Discover Asia or other sale (risking that my travel dates are booked or the 3rd party rate is gone by that time).
I have booked a rate that can be cancelled but am waiting for a sale as well.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
One option would be to stay at Sofitel Nusa Dua instead. It's a great property !
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:55 pm

I paid US$ 126 + tax in October/November 2015 in one of the sales. I think that was about as low as it gets. Maybe it was US$122 for a short period?
I was upgraded to Conrad Suites after I asked....
Very good value IMO, especially when breakfast for family of 4 is included.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by 2035
I paid US$ 126 + tax in October/November 2015 in one of the sales. I think that was about as low as it gets. Maybe it was US$122 for a short period?
I was upgraded to Conrad Suites after I asked....
Very good value IMO, especially when breakfast for family of 4 is included.
Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.
I guess I will book trough the 3rd party website then.
They charge $120 per night INCLUDING taxes (this is about $99 + taxes) including breakfast. I will loose my points but still get diamond benefits. And I will be able to secure my dates and save $300 on a 5 night stay (comparing to price when I would book now). Otherwise I would book direct and do a BRG claim but I don't wanna risk this (bad experiences in the past).
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They charge $120 per night INCLUDING taxes (this is about $99 + taxes) including breakfast. I will loose my points but still get diamond benefits. And I will be able to secure my dates and save $300 on a 5 night stay (comparing to price when I would book now). Otherwise I would book direct and do a BRG claim but I don't wanna risk this (bad experiences in the past).

Deleted
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:16 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I know about the IC as I am a regular there. Now if you get upgraded to the Conrad suites do you still get the airport transfers?
I've stayed at the Conrad Bali once as a base HH member. Complained about smell in room and was upgraded to suite.

I'll just post a quick suite review after this post, on this thread.

From experience, the comp upgrade i received to suite did not come with the club exclusive benefits.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:19 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Conrad Bali Suite

Conrad Bali

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Conrad Bali

Jalan Pratama 168 Tanjung Benoa Nusa Dua, ID 80363

Conrad Bali Suite (0 Photo)

Conrad Bali

HOTEL REVIEW : CONRAD BALI – SUITE

Conrad-Suite-1-of-1-5

Conrad Bali is the only Bali property under the Hilton group currently, with another hotel underway in 2016. It is located right beside the Holiday Inn Resort Benoa at Tanjong Benoa, and is a 5 minute walk to the Bumbu Bali Restaurant. I booked a Conrad Ocean King room (250sgd++), which I disliked due to a mildew smell coming from the air conditioning system. After raising my concern, I was upgraded to a suite room. ($500sgd++) Do note that the hotel was very full on that day due to 2 weddings, which might have contributed to my luck.

Conrad BaliSuite rooms are in a different area of the hotel, quite a distance from the main Lobby. The suite is at least 3 times bigger in size than the Conrad Ocean King, with a seperate balcony, living room and walk in closet & bathroom. This is the living room after walking into the suite.

Conrad BaliThe suites look newer, and comes with the added amenity of accessing the “suites only” pool, breakfast restaurant and club lounge.

Conrad BaliThe bedroom has 2 queen beds, and is equipped with the same TV as in the living room.

Conrad BaliAn alternate view of the bedroom, with the walk-in closet area & bathroom with bathtub and separate shower area and dressing table.

Conrad BaliThe bathroom is equipped with a nice, large bathtub. Also with a small TV and amenities such as bath salts and luffa.

Conrad BaliDouble basins, separate shower and water closet.

Conrad BaliAromatherapy Associates amenities.

Conrad BaliThe balcony overlooks the gardens and VIP suite pool below, I didn’t really use this area much as I preferred the living room.

Conrad BaliThe minifridge.

Conrad BaliCoffee machine and complementary tea/coffee.

Conrad BaliThe Conrad suites buffet breakfast restaurant is located beside the VIP pool.

Conrad BaliThe breakfast variety was decent, and very private as there weren’t very much guests.

Conrad BaliFrom smoked meats, salmon and sushi to cheeses, dim sum and egg dishes.

Conrad BaliThe Conrad Suite building has a direct beach access. Overall, my opinion about the Conrad Bali is that if you really want to stay here, get a suite. They are a different category on its own. A great strategy would be to book a standard room as a HHonors Gold member, and hope for an upgrade. Personally, I enjoyed my stay at the suite. And the upgrade just made it suiter.

I blog at www.checkmyhacks.com

Conrad Bali Suite

Would you like to write a review on the Conrad Bali?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the review! Looks great and very clear pictures!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Thanks for the review! Looks great and very clear pictures!
Thanks for the compliments. This are older pictures and since then my pictures have improved. Hope to share more. You can visit my blog if interested in these pictures.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One thing I have noticed from the pictures of the conrad, comparing the IC Bali to this property, why does the furniture in the Conrad look so Ikea'ish? I will find out in May what upgrade is afforded to us, booked the cheapest room for USD$500 for 3 nights.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, here is my brief report about my stay.

Check In
Was picked up by the hotel driver.
Was checked in in the main lobby and not in the lounge.
Staff acted amateurish.
I asked about Diamond Check in and was told that its not done in the lounge.

Staff
Staff in the RIN & Lounge were very cordial and friendly. But they did make small mistakes, like forgetting what you ordered etc.

Lounge
Very tacky patrons, some with tank tops and some with shoes off their feet and with their feet on the sofa.(I have pictures).

Suites Pool
No Bar like at the IC Bali.
Construction noise constant as the hotel is adding Bungalows to the property

Room
On arrival no welcome gift and no fruit
I had to call and was told it is not normal practise.
Was then given fruuit and 2 stuffed monkeys.

Overall, will I stay here again. No, I prefer the IC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.