Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2001, 5:48 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You can't use a GLON (100,000) @ Hawaii properties!

You need a GLONP (150,000) as they are Premium hotels.

Obviously the best bet is an ALON (100,000) as those are custom for Hawaii properties.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rewards/vip.jhtml
Old Aug 4, 2001, 1:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Chix

I have such a reservation 100,000 in Hawaii.

Suggest you click onto the link that you have given us.

"Six free nights for two at a Hilton Hawaiian resort 100,000 ALON "

If I am right please make a correction to your post. A guess or opinion is fine, but matters stated as fact should be correct.

Sorry, I should never work on FT without my contacts in. I have ALON and am gold staying at the Waiakola (sp). That is what I copied and pasted as a reply. Not the GLON.

[This message has been edited by ranles (edited 08-05-2001).]
Old Aug 4, 2001, 1:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ranles:
Chix

I have such a reservation 100,000 in Hawaii.

Suggest you click onto the link that you have given us.

"Six free nights for two at a Hilton Hawaiian resort 100,000 ALON "

If I am right please make a correction to your post. A guess or opinion is fine, but matters stated as fact should be correct.
</font>
I believe you are incorrect. Please re-read my initial response. To get a 100,000 point award for the Hawaii resorts, you need to be a VIP member (Silver, Gold & Diamond) and request award code ALON for 100,000 HHonors points.

If you are requesting GLON, that certificate is also 100,000 HHonors points, BUT it is not valid @ Hawaii Hilton resorts as they are PREMIUM hotels.

In other words, if you are a VIP HHonors, request a ALON rather than GLON as GLON are not good for premium hotels.

If you are not an HHonors VIP, you need to fork over an additional 95,000 points for six free nights @ a premium hotel and request award SP8 (195,000 points) which is good for all members @ Premium hotels.

Sounds confusing, but that is how it reads.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rew...jhtml#standard

[This message has been edited by chix (edited 08-04-2001).]
Old Aug 4, 2001, 7:30 pm

I believe Chix is correct!
Old Aug 5, 2001, 9:35 am

chix is indeed correct. And another note...if you want to stay at the Lagoon towers, you will need a GLONP, as the HGVC does not accept the ALON reward. One other option...if they are sold out of ALONs, and you want to stay at Waikoloa Village or Turtle Bay, you can use a TEEN (golf reward) as well, but not at Hawaiian Village. Does that confuse things any more?
Old Aug 5, 2001, 10:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CHANI:
chix is indeed correct. And another note...if you want to stay at the Lagoon towers, you will need a GLONP, as the HGVC does not accept the ALON reward.</font>
Hey thanks CHANI for confirming my statements!

Btw - I am holding a reservation using an ALON for the HGVC Lagoon Tower.

I am 100% confident the reservation will be honored as I made it clear when reserving and it's printed on my confirmation slip that I am using an ALON.

On a side note, which is better.... HGVC or the standard HHV??? Do you have any first hand experience staying at both properties or guest comments????

I am wondering if the Kalia or Ali'i tower would be more enjoyable than the Lagoon HGVC suites.

Old Aug 5, 2001, 11:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Seems like if your need is to get your wife's status, you can combine accounts with Hilton into one (hers in this case) and then change your reservation account number to hers.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 7:24 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
GLON Hilton HHonors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Under "Going Global" on the HHonors site is the following statement:-

Enjoy six free nights for two at participating HHonors hotels worldwide for just 100,000 HHonors points.* Reward Code – GLON.

If you prefer our most luxurious accommodations, you can enjoy six free nights for two at participating Premium HHonors hotels worldwide for just 150,000 HHonors points. Reward Code - GLONP.

How do I know if a hotel is participating or not? When I make a reservation using points I am not asked if it is for a GLON award.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 7:53 am

Valid at any Hilton PREMIUM or less hotel on the list:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rewards/premium.jhtml

For other brands such as Embassy, etc. go to the hotel home page and click on the HHonors link to see what hotel category they are.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 8:13 am

Gaza -- AFAIK, all properties worldwide participating in HHonors program are participating in GLON/GLONP.

Premium properties require GLONP Award (150K points), all others require GLON Award (100K points).
Old Aug 30, 2001, 9:00 am

FYI - The Embassy Suites vacation resorts such as Maui do not participate in HHonors accrual or redemption )-:
Old Aug 30, 2001, 9:59 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Eugene

Thanks.

I wasn't sure if "participating" meant participating in the HHonors programme or specifically participating in GLON. It seems from the replies it is the former.
Old Oct 25, 2001, 8:53 am

Combining GLON award with paid stay

I have a GLON award set up for the Conrad Singapore for check-in the day after we arrive.

Need some advice on what to do that first night. I'm traveling with La Cochinita and El Cochinitito (wife and 6 year old) so staying out all night isn't an option. If I was by myself, that's what I'd do though!

The UA flight arrives around midnight. I prefer not having to move hotels, so I'm thinking about a paid stay at the Conrad for that first night. GLON kicks in starting with night #2.

As a HH gold, would it make sense for me to book the cheapest rate for that one night and hope for an upgrade for that paid night and the rest of the GLON stay? Or would it be prudent to pay the extra bucks for a nice suite the first night and hope to be able to stay in it for the rest of the GLON stay?
Old Oct 25, 2001, 9:34 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Based on my recent experiences with the Hilton Malta, I'd suggest the latter - see todays' trip report.
Good Luck !!
Old Oct 25, 2001, 8:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
having always received an upgrade as a gold and having experienced the wonderful treatment at ALL the Non US Hiltons I've enjoyed, I would do the former and not the latter.

those extra $$ you spend could buy alot of Chili or pepper crabs!!!! + you WILL get access to the Exec lounge anyways (great dim sum steamed dumplings in the am!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.