Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother

That is what I was told. I also learned that there will be a new room category to which Diamonds will be upgraded, that keeps them separate from the Exec Rooms that have access to the 31st floor lounge. It appears they are still working that part out. Someone was already complaining to management as we left the lounge about ‘a double layer system’ or something to that effect. I was dying to hang around and listen but couldn’t.
Sounds like B.S. (not by you WSM). If Hilton allows this to happen, then their well manicured and maintained loyalty tier based system will start to show cracks around the world.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Mar 19, 2018 at 8:53 am
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Still get a lounge, so technically not losing benefit...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Someone was already complaining to management as we left the lounge about ‘a double layer system’ or something to that effect. I was dying to hang around and listen but couldn’t.
That does not sound at all consistent with the program rules, as it's a pretty certain bet the "Diamond" lounge will be inferior to the real lounge.

Though with Diamond status now achievable with a $450 AF credit card, we may see more of this kind of thing.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Sounds like B.S. (not by you WSM). If Hilton allows this to happen, then their well manicured and maintained loyalty tier based system will start to show cracks around the world.
We were lucky to even get in to the lounge this evening, having been upgraded to a room on the 31st floor (rather than paying for an exec room). I got an invite from one of the management team after asking about the re-opening earlier in the day. The member of staff at the lounge desk tried to re-direct us to the 4th floor until I explained about the invite.

Apparently this two tier lounge system is already in operation in one Conrad property in the US. I guess this becomes necessary when there are too many Diamonds. (I got my Diamond through a status match, whereas Mr WSM earned his through stays.)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Still get a lounge, so technically not losing benefit...
Well, according to the T&Cs, the access is explicitly to the Executive Level lounge:

6Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.
  1. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
  2. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Well, according to the T&Cs, the access is explicitly to the Executive Level lounge:

6Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.
  1. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
  2. If you are a Hilton Honors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor.
Fair enough.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That does not sound at all consistent with the program rules, as it's a pretty certain bet the "Diamond" lounge will be inferior to the real lounge.

Though with Diamond status now achievable with a $450 AF credit card, we may see more of this kind of thing.
It's being done @ Hilton Tel Aviv. Diamond gets accsss to the 'business lounge' which is far inferior to 'Vista' lounge on 17th floor. Only if you pay for Vista floor do you get Vista lounge access.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Well I am not surprised and we have our American friends to thank for this with their stupid new credit card giving everyone Diamond status. As per T&C you do get access to Executive Lounge just on 4th floor. They could always change name of Lounge on 31st floor which has been done in other hotels. All these people with free status from credit cards should stop complaining. Really a Lounge is a Lounge. Does it really matter
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gav0106
Well I am not surprised and we have our American friends to thank for this with their stupid new credit card giving everyone Diamond status. As per T&C you do get access to Executive Lounge just on 4th floor. They could always change name of Lounge on 31st floor which has been done in other hotels. All these people with free status from credit cards should stop complaining.
Right. Let's blame those who took the credit card offer, as opposed to Hilton for encouraging/allowing this nonsense
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
This is not that surprising a change. Lounges at some properties where getting way overcrowded, with people sometimes having to wait 30 min to get in. This may be aggravating to those with comped access, but it borders on fraudulent for those actually paying for the lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:25 pm

Reminds me of Sheraton Tower Lounge vs the regular Lounge.
I have on occasions book Exec rooms and even the Centennial Suite when the price is right so I might still get a chance to visit the new lounge if it is no longer complimentary for Diamonds.
Hopefully, they will continue to treat regulars better and offer multiple level upgrades.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
what if you're upgraded to a suite? do you still need to go to 4th floor?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
Well I am not surprised and we have our American friends to thank for this with their stupid new credit card giving everyone Diamond status. As per T&C you do get access to Executive Lounge just on 4th floor. They could always change name of Lounge on 31st floor which has been done in other hotels. All these people with free status from credit cards should stop complaining. Really a Lounge is a Lounge. Does it really matter
What about those folks (worldwide) who earned LT Diamond through years of stays, and now they are being shorted on benefits that have been around for years?

And yes, the location of the lounge matters. Usually it has some of the best views from the hotel, such as is the case at the Conrad Singapore.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
What about those folks (worldwide) who earned LT Diamond through years of stays, and now they are being shorted on benefits that have been around for years?

And yes, the location of the lounge matters. Usually it has some of the best views from the hotel, such as is the case at the Conrad Singapore.
Maybe it is time to change the benefits. Paying guests take precedence. No one promised those lifetime diamonds a view.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:55 am

Hilton Diamond benefits are poor already . . . this is a really bad development, particularly for those who earn their status. I just see the Hilton program continuing to degrade, with Hilton trying to mask the devaluations with large points promos (as it has been doing for the last year-plus).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.