Wiki Posts
Search

2-Year Fast Track

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
2-Year Fast Track

My Diamond kit arrived today, and I was startled to see 04/2008. I had thought Fast Tracks were only good for the balance of the current year - in this case 04/2007.

Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, mine, too. The real deal, however, is that your status runs out as of April 2007, no matter what your card says.

I just did the required number of stays (5/10/15 helped a lot ) and got "officialized" until 2008.

You really have until the end of the year (or actually until next April) to get the stays you need. If you're not able to that, the need for status at all is kinda questionable.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As it turns out, I have enough stays now booked to lock in 28 by the end of next month. I would be royally pissed if I "dropped status" on May 1, 2007, having been sent a 2008 expiry card. HHonors should be prepared for a deluge of faxed cards at that time, and what are they going to do: "Your T&C was 04/2007. We sent you a 2008 card, but don't have to honor it."
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Just for discussion, what good is having the card, at least domestically? I never find the need to carry it around. The benefits of HH elite is automatic and in your profile on check in so even if the card says it is through 2008 and you lose status between now and then you won't get any elite benefits by just having the card.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kingalien
Just for discussion, what good is having the card, at least domestically? I never find the need to carry it around.
This has been discussed in previous threads but at some properties, like the Hilton Las Vegas. You physically need the card on you to take advantage of some published benefits/perks.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
This has been discussed in previous threads but at some properties, like the Hilton Las Vegas. You physically need the card on you to take advantage of some published benefits/perks.
Yep ... I used my card for the first time last week. In both Las Vegas and Reno they asked to see it. 'Course, Reno isn't going to be a Hilton for much longer...
Old Jul 20, 2006, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I was so excited to see the large envelope in the mail today! Finally my Diamond Card was here--NOT!!!

The envelope was addressed to me, but the inside letter and the lovely Diamond Card contained the name of another person!

So I made my very first call to the Diamond Desk. Needless to say I was disappointed. No apologies, just an "oh well it happens." When I mentioned I wasn't too happy that my card was floating around with my account info on it, her response was--they don't have your PIN. Pretty irritating that I had to keep spelling names over and over again. She even stumbled over San Francisco--that's California right?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 1:54 am
yep

Programs: PC Plat RA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Pretty irritating that I had to keep spelling names over and over again. She even stumbled over San Francisco--that's California right?
the girls in India are not used to US cities and states

yep
Old Jul 21, 2006, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by BigLar
Yeah, mine, too. The real deal, however, is that your status runs out as of April 2007, no matter what your card says.

I just did the required number of stays (5/10/15 helped a lot ) and got "officialized" until 2008.

You really have until the end of the year (or actually until next April) to get the stays you need. If you're not able to that, the need for status at all is kinda questionable.
Are there any hard facts that the status will expire 04/2007 instead of 04/2008 ?

I also got the 2008 card and was pleasantly surprised....until now...
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Are there any hard facts that the status will expire 04/2007 instead of 04/2008 ?
The letter I received explaining my "Fast Track" offer clearly stated that Diamond Status would expire in April 2007. I just attained it this week and have yet to receive my new Diamond packet. It will be interesting to see the expiration date on my new card....
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:14 pm

Programs: NW Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
I just earned Diamond status the hard way...by staying 60 nights..and my card also just arrived, with a 2008 expiration date. Is that 2008 legitimate if I did not gain status by a fast track?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:28 pm
sm2

Programs: US-Chairman's, Hilton-Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Sofitel
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My Diamond kit arrived today, and I was startled to see 04/2008. I had thought Fast Tracks were only good for the balance of the current year - in this case 04/2007.

Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.
Congrats and for your work, you will no longer get targeted promotions.......

Welcome to Diamond
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sm2
Congrats and for your work, you will no longer get targeted promotions.......

Welcome to Diamond
HA HA HA!

I was targeted for one (1) in the four years I was a Gold, and have never, ever expected to see another.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by BluEyezNSC
The letter I received explaining my "Fast Track" offer clearly stated that Diamond Status would expire in April 2007. I just attained it this week and have yet to receive my new Diamond packet. It will be interesting to see the expiration date on my new card....
My letter also stated 04/2007 as expiry date, but the card shows 04/2008.
The "maintain Diamond" chart on hteir website shows that I need to 28 stays by 07/2007 to maintain the status. I would therefore assume that my status is valid beyond 04/2007 ? Very confusing.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:32 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Rambuster
My letter also stated 04/2007 as expiry date, but the card shows 04/2008.
The "maintain Diamond" chart on hteir website shows that I need to 28 stays by 07/2007 to maintain the status. I would therefore assume that my status is valid beyond 04/2007 ? Very confusing.
The "Maintain status" chart doesn't have any correlation to when your current status expires. Since the qualifying period is 12 months, it simply looks ahead 12 months and calculates the number of nights/stays/points required to reach the threshold by a particular month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.