Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Chicago, Illinois, USA {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Chicago, Illinois, USA {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If it's a free night definitely the WA, especially since you don't care about breakfast. You can still get there on CTA from ORD, you just have to transfer to the Red line and get off at Chicago or if coming from MDW transfer from the orange line at Roosevelt or just cab or uber it from a blue or orange line stop. You'll be getting a lot more value out of the free night at the WA than Palmer house.

I love the location of the Palmer House, but upgrades are very hit/miss there and as a gold you'll only get lounge access if you are on the 22nd or 23rd floor. You'll probably get a lot nicer room at the WA and you are convenient to Michigan avenue shopping.
thanks again....i'll go with the wa....
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Keyser
This is the best choice.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser

Excellent Choice!^
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:10 pm

This may have been answered already but i am currently GOLD status for hilton and i was able to get a reservation for 2 queen beds at the waldorf chicago for 25th to 27th of september using 2 weekend night certs.

It seems like not many perks at the waldorf for gold members. i only get free wifi and 1000 points.

Would i be better off changing to the WIT or somewhere else where room upgrades and/or free breakfast might be included? or does the waldorf exceed the wit and others where i should just suck it up and pay for the breakfast? and would waldorf standard rooms be better than any upgrade i may get at WIT or others?

thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:46 am
jtr

Programs: AC E50K, HH Diamond
Chicago Properties - best pool/family friendly?

Planning a family trip to Chicago this summer and looking for recommendations:

- decent pool
- family friendly

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by jtr
Planning a family trip to Chicago this summer and looking for recommendations:

- decent pool
- family friendly

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Either of the downtown ES properties, but first choice with kids would be ES near Navy Pier.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:57 pm
jtr

Programs: AC E50K, HH Diamond
Thanks! Will check out the Navy Pier option. HGI Loop also looks OK.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The pool and gym at Hilton Chicago are very nice. There's also a large outdoor sundeck just off the pool for use during the summer.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
One night stay earlier this week at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway Airport.

Standard Hampton experience. Room and common areas seemed especially clean and recently (??) remodeled.

It is the only Hilton property near Midway with smoking rooms (suspect because it's not actually in Chicago proper?)

Beware that its airport shuttle is shared with eight other hotels.
Old May 20, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: AA Plat - 2MM, Delta - GM
ES near Navy Pier or HS on Grand (which is $20/nt cheaper)

I, along with my two teenagers, will be visiting Chicago for the first time in July staying for 3 nights. I am trying to decide between the Embassy Suite near Navy Pier or the Homewood Suites on Grand Ave (which is $20 cheaper a night). Both have a king and sofa bed which will be fine for us.

From what I've read ES has a better breakfast but HS has better evening reception. Neither is swaying point for me as we want to be enjoying places outside the hotel. I understand this HS has just been completely renovated so that along with the lower rate has me leaning towards it.

Any reason to go with the ES? Is it much nicer? I only have Silver status so no real benefits to factor into the decision.

Thanks!
Old May 20, 2016, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by KimT
I, along with my two teenagers, will be visiting Chicago for the first time in July staying for 3 nights. I am trying to decide between the Embassy Suite near Navy Pier or the Homewood Suites on Grand Ave (which is $20 cheaper a night). Both have a king and sofa bed which will be fine for us.

From what I've read ES has a better breakfast but HS has better evening reception. Neither is swaying point for me as we want to be enjoying places outside the hotel. I understand this HS has just been completely renovated so that along with the lower rate has me leaning towards it.

Any reason to go with the ES? Is it much nicer? I only have Silver status so no real benefits to factor into the decision.

Thanks!
I would go with the HS for the reasons you mention. Additionally, while the two properties are quite close, the HS is more centrally located.

Generally speaking, all else held constant (price, location) I will almost always choose an HS over an ES.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by KimT

Thanks!
I like Homewood better than Embassy. And location is better, Homewood is convenient to the Grand red line stop for getting around the city and to/from the airport if you are flying. Also convenient to shopping and many attractions.

Are you there on a weekend? IIRC the HS doesn't do the reception on weekends. Most ES's I have been at also have weekday receptions. There's so much to do in Chicago though that if I was there for fun I wouldn't be going back to the hotel for the receptions.

Status really doesn't help much at ES or HS IME. Occassionally I'll get a corner suite but it's not a benefit of the program. About the only benefits status gets you there is a few extra points or some snacks/water
Old May 20, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat - 2MM, Delta - GM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Are you there on a weekend? IIRC the HS doesn't do the reception on weekends. Most ES's I have been at also have weekday receptions. There's so much to do in Chicago though that if I was there for fun I wouldn't be going back to the hotel for the receptions.
Thanks for the response! We will be there mid-week so I think they both have some sort of evening reception. It will be nice as a snack for my (always hungry) teenagers but we definitely don't want it to take the place of dinner and will venture out for that.

I'm glad to hear the comments on the HS. I found an even better rate for it with the HHonors sale. It is $167 a night which seems to be a bargain in July mid-week. It is non-refundable and I usually shy away from those rates, but my airfare is booked so if this trip doesn't happen for some reason (health related would be the only thing) then I will already have to make a travel insurance claim anyway. So think I will book that as I know good rates can disappear anytime.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
HS evening social reception is held on Monday through Thursday.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:24 am

What is the chance to get upgraded as diamond at Waldorf Astoria Chicago? What if my friend checks in before I arrive, will my diamond benefit will apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.