Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge acess for Gold

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: MMSen, HHonorsGold, Starwood Platinum
Thumbs down Lounge acess for Gold

Staying in Hilton Munich Park the last days, get upgrade to delux floor but not executive they tell me in the lounge since 1 january golds and!! diamonds are no more allowed to go to lounge except they stay in a room of excecutive floor. So now we alwyas have to take care get an executive room.
Anyone experience with this new regulary?
Did it work in hwole europe or is only germany perfect
Old Apr 13, 2006, 3:53 am
ckc

Programs: AC-SE, HH - Gld
Originally Posted by pgale
Staying in Hilton Munich Park the last days, get upgrade to delux floor but not executive they tell me in the lounge since 1 january golds and!! diamonds are no more allowed to go to lounge except they stay in a room of excecutive floor. So now we alwyas have to take care get an executive room.
Hilton on 6th Avenue in NY is the same. For years, I wander into the lounge on the top floor for breakfast. A couple of months ago, someone asked what room I was in, and gave me a similar story about a policy. Exec rooms only for lounge access, and I have never received an upgrade to an exec floor at this property (I do usually get some sort of minor upgrade). Golds are given coupons for continental in the cafe in the lobby, Diamonds have their own breakfast area served in one of the PDR.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
ok, if gold and diamonds do not get upgraded to executive rooms for USA purposes, then do the hotels give 2 coupons per person.

For Hilton hotels outside USA, the t & c specifically states lounge access.. i would insist on it and aks for names if they are confident of what they are saying and then call hilton honors to negotiate compensation. for hilton munich, i guess the question then is to ask whether they offered any gold or diamond amenity

Last edited by trekkie; Apr 13, 2006 at 5:36 am
Old Apr 13, 2006, 5:32 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by pgale
It is new policy for all Europe and Africa region Hiltons. If you stay paid or upgraded in Exec floor you get access to lounge, othrwise not.

Since rule applied I´v been upgraded everytime.

Regards

TV
Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:22 am
ckc

Programs: AC-SE, HH - Gld
[QUOTE=trekkie]ok, if gold and diamonds do not get upgraded to executive rooms for USA purposes, then do the hotels give 2 coupons per person.

I am confident they will if you show 2 pers in the room, I haven't yet been with mrs ckc to this property yet, so can't for certain, but they were very easy going.
The breakfast certificates aren't dated, no name, no HH, bad photocopies etc.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by trekkie
ok, if gold and diamonds do not get upgraded to executive rooms for USA purposes, then do the hotels give 2 coupons per person.

For Hilton hotels outside USA, the t & c specifically states lounge access.. i would insist on it and aks for names if they are confident of what they are saying and then call hilton honors to negotiate compensation. for hilton munich, i guess the question then is to ask whether they offered any gold or diamond amenity
Check again:
Gold VIP Membership:
For Hilton Hotels outside North America:
Upgrade to Executive Level or to the next best available room type (does not include suites). Upgraded rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in. At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accommodations or upgrade is not available, Gold VIPs will receive additional amenities and/or services, which vary by property.
Same for Diamonds! No longer mention breakfast.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Hilton dubai creek is another that seems now to have a policy of not upgrading to the executive level and therefore no lounge access.On check in recently I was told on at least 4 occasions during the checkin procedure that I would be getting a room of the standard I had booked.Fortunately had booked a plus room which gives great views over the creek and probably better than an ordinary executive floor room.* hours before arrival and 4 hours after arrival executive floor rooms were still available on hilton.com for the time of our stay.
You do get breakfast in the glasshouse restaurant and it was a full english breakfast.What a delight to get bacon cooked the english way and not cremated as is so loved in america.
There are other benefits for diamonds such as free transport to airport but this is not volunteered.Only having known of this through flyertalk and asking did we get this.
This is whjat annoys me-why cant a hotel have a list of benefits available for gold and diamond members.I was really impressed at the Conrad Hong Kong where in the room was a list of benefits for the executive floor,though you need to get the upgrade.
The non upgrade issue is not obviously europe wide as we did get executive floor and lounge access at hilton paris for a weeks stay even though appearing as sold out on hilton.com
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I was also disappointed with my stay at the Hilton Munich am Park for that reason- as well as their ripoff telecommunications charges, but that's another thread.

This may be a peculiarity of the Munich Hiltons. On our Award stay at the Athens Hilton in February, we weren't on the Executive floor but had access to the Executive Lounge.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Check again:
Gold VIP Membership:
For Hilton Hotels outside North America:
Same for Diamonds! No longer mention breakfast.
yes but the last line mentions additional amenities.... the question is what amenities are offered.this does not count the thank you gesture amenity that hilton hotels have to give. Its on top of that. and at Hilton USA hotels, if suites are not not being offered, i would pick the points and be on the lookout for room defects. In that way, i think the message that would be sent is that hilton hotels must value their loyal members by giving us execuitive rooms or face financial penalties. hilton hotels do have to pay for the points, if im not wrong.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:28 pm

I am a Honors Gold member. I also proceeded to walk into the lounge at the Munich City Hilton and was promptly told to leave by the attendant on duty, rather rudely I would add. When asking to speak to a manager I was given a letter of explanation by the evening manager for my removal from the lounge. It stated:
"Dear Guest/Lieber Gast,
Access to the Executive lounge goes hand-in-hand with having a room on the executive Floor. This can be done by PAYING FOR IT or by receiving an upgrade due to Gold or Diamond VIP status.
Most of our Gold & Diamond VIP's have been fortunate in the past and have always been upgraded to the Executive Floor, howerver this may not always happen and it is important that they are aware of this.

Der Zugang zur Executive Lounge kann nur gemeinsam mit einer Zimmerbuching im Executive Floor erfolgen. Dies ist entweder moeglich wenn man dafuer eine Ratenbuchungvonimmt, oder durch den Erhalt eines Upgrades aufgrund des Gold oder Diamond VIP Status.
Die Mehrzahl unserer Gold und Diamond VIP Mitglieder haben in der Vergangenheit immer ein Upgrade fuer den Executive Floor erhalten. jedoch kann es mitunter vorkommen, dass ein Upgrade nicht verfuegbar ist.

In Vertretung
Lee Scott
Hilton Hhonors Kundendienst Team
Cadogan Square Glasgow
[email protected]"

I was given breakfast vouchers for 2 and an apology for the misunderstanding but it was disturbing nonetheless how I was removed from the lounge after having had routine access for so many visits in the past. I like the hotel and it's convenience so I will use the property again, but will make contact with the hotel manager to discuss room upgrade availability before my arrival.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 2:42 am

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Same experience at Athens Hilton - when I asked for a room with an Acropolis view, they said that all they had available with that view was a non-executive floor room, and that it would not include lounge access (I'm HH Gold).

I took a city view on a club floor.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: MMSen, HHonorsGold, Starwood Platinum
Thanks for all the answers, i have same experience - it is in the monenbt only hilton munich park - maybe it is they have the hilton head office for germany.
I had nor problems with lounge access in Berlin (no excetutive room) and zurich.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:44 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hbyerly
Same experience at Athens Hilton - when I asked for a room with an Acropolis view, they said that all they had available with that view was a non-executive floor room, and that it would not include lounge access (I'm HH Gold).

I took a city view on a club floor.
hbyerly- just out of curiosity, when was that? Our trip was in mid-February and I'm wondering if they bent the rules because there were a lot of Israeli diplomats staying there when we were there. They may have taken up all the Executive floor rooms. We were in a regular room but were allowed to use the lounge.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Has anyone selected the 1000 points instead of the "upgrade" option. In my last two stays, I selected this prior to checking in to try it out.

Well, since I stayed at the properties before I was UG to exec level as always but never saw the 1000 points. Anyone else have this experience?
Old Apr 15, 2006, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Athena53
hbyerly- just out of curiosity, when was that? Our trip was in mid-February and I'm wondering if they bent the rules because there were a lot of Israeli diplomats staying there when we were there. They may have taken up all the Executive floor rooms. We were in a regular room but were allowed to use the lounge.
Was there all this week, just got home this afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.