Conrad Dublin {IRL}

Subscribe
I will be staying in the Conrad Dublin in Juhe for a long weekend, and have been told by reservations that they will allocate one of their refurbished rooms to me, as a Gold VIP.
Has anyone stayed at the Conrad recently, in particular in a refurbished room ?
Your comments are appreciated. (It's many years since I stayed there!) : )
Thanx
JP
I was there in November and they had pictures of the new rooms. They looked nice, but not in any way breaking from tradition. Other than that, not much to say. It's a relatively good hotel in a great location.
Stayed there in February. Not sure if my room was refurbished or not, but it was pretty nice. Decent living area and big bathroom.

Seth.
Thanks for the input so far - also wondered if there were any interesting Gold benefits ?
the conrad might have bigger bathrooms, but the shower heads are still low.

bump
CONRAD DUBLIN - DIAMOND UPGD ????
I haven't seen any recent posts on the Conrad in Dublin. What can I expect as a Diamond ? Are they good about breakfast/upgrades ? Is there an exec floor ? THANKS - kazman
I was there in November just before they started room renovation, so I don't know about an executive floor. But as a Gold member, I got an ugrade and was treated very well.
kazman,

Not sure about exec floor (or lounge) - don't think there is one. I've stayed fairly recently as a Gold VIP & was also treated very well. Was put in one of the renovated rooms - very nice, with a lot of light colours, and a modern feel. Definitely one of the best Hilton / Conrad rooms I've been in, if a little on the "not big" side !
Let me know if I can help in any other way.
BTW, the Hilton, Dublin (just around the corner from the Conrad @ 500 yards) has recently installed executive rooms. I will be staying in one on 6th Oct & will let u know how I get on if you like. Rates are about 50-60% of the Conrad @ ~$120US for a double room - I get upgraded to an exec room as a Gold VIP (quote from reservations agent !!). Exec rooms here cost about $200US.
kazman,

Did you travel to the Conrad ? If so, how did you get on ?
I didn't stay as intended in the Hilton, as I broke my leg in the meantime

Look fwd to your report - I plan to stay in the Conrad in late Jan, so as a Diamond also I'm v. interested in your experiences !

JP
Unfortunately my arrival date for Dublin was
9/13/01 - So, I never got to Dublin - kazman
Did anyone ever answer the all important breakfast question?
Conrad - Dublin experience
A week and a half ago, booked on-line and showed up at the hotel about 7-8pm, somewhat tired from a rainy and long driving day, expecting a Zip check-in.

Here's my experience:

1. Conrad has not received the reservation, attributed to Europe-USA connection delay.

2. Providing the confirmation number is useless since they have no record, Conrad wants me to make an 'in-person' reservation at that exact moment, which of course is at a higher rate.

3. Conrad agrees to honour the internet booking rate once they receive the reservation and ensure I am not charged for two reservations.

4. As a Diamond member I was expecting any or all of, none of which occured:
(a) breakfast included (had to pay for 2 breakfasts via higher rate)
(b) room upgrade, if available. Being a Sunday night and the internet showing plenty of availability, expected this, but Conrad said no.
(c) water and complimentary snacks. Conrad's reply was they don't offer that sort of thing.

5. As was rushed on checkout, decided to discuss with HHonors. Checking my HH acct, noticed a stay with 0 pts for a room charge of the internet rate, so Conrad obviously received the internet reservation. Discussing with HHonors Diamond desk, Diamond desk informed me:
(a) was triple billed - twice at the in-person booking rate and once at the internet rate. Diamond rep informed me they would have the Conrad reverse the two in-person rates, leaving the internet rate. Guess what? One night at the higher rate was left on the credit card. Diamond desk rep felt persons at Conrad were snobby/condescending, which coincidentally is the way they made me feel when I asked about the room upgrade, breakfast, water, snacks, etc.
(b) personally checked with the credit card regarding charges from Conrad and discovered an odd amount charged to my card. Called Diamond desk to help sort out and discovered Conrad had billed me some amount for the mini-bar which my girlfriend and I did not use.

What a mess. What a hassle. Somewhat of an attitude of some staff at Conrad.

Will I stay at the Conrad again? You bet, NOT!!

Anyone else have experiences with this hotel?
I had a very good award stay at this hotel in early October on a GLON, found the hotel staff very friendly and the night manager did something which I have not seen done or even mentioned by any other Hilton poster ie he split a GLON for me into 2- 3 day stays with an intervening 3 day absence.
Concierges were exceptionally helpful.
Was upgraded, but did not however get breakfast (was not about to argue considering the circumstances)
Mike
I sent my wife and Mother-in - Law to Ireland for 10 days. They has booked a 3 day tour in the middle of the week to avoid weekend traffic. The Conrad Dublin split the GLON award, let them leave their extra suitcases and what nots in the same room!
If the hotel is not jammed for inventory, why not? Also, When I get my chance to visit Ireland, whether by points or paying, I know where I'll be staying.

G