Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Hilton Dublin Airport
Northern Cross, Malahide Rd., Dublin, Ireland D17
Tel. +353.0.1.866.1800 Fax: -1866
This property is
5 km / 3 mi (10-15 minutes) away in Kinsaley (Northern Cross), not at the airport at all.

The shuttle runs every 40 minutes from 5AM to 1AM daily and picks up and drops off at Zone 16. The shuttle service is complimentary to all guests.

Comparatively, a one-way taxi on your own is roughly €15. (As of 2018).

From Terminal 1:

When you exit the arrivals hall there will be a white multi-storey car park in front of you. If you follow the signs to hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pickup point. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get there.

From Terminal 2:

When you exit the arrival hall please cross the road and there is a glass covered walkway. If you follow the walkway all the way to the end while still following signs for the hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pick up point. It takes approximately 5 minutes from T2 to the pick up point.[/quote]

More information on getting there, including a link to current shuttle schedule and map PDF here.

The property has five numbered floors, in-room dining; the Burnell restaurant is open at 6:30 am for breakfast, does not offer lunch and opens at 6:00 pm for dinner. The Burnell bar is open 7:00 am "until late" and serves pub food from 11:00 am on.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Dublin Airport {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:40 am

Hilton Dublin Airport going downhill rapidly

Hi Folks,

New Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport is making all the Shuttle drivers redundant at the end of the month and moving shuttle service over to a shared service between other competing hotels using very old buses. Shameful way to treat staff and loyal Hilton Customers.

New menus are also in effect, where a burger is now costing € 18.50 and lamb cutlets € 27.50 , crazy prices for a Hilton with no Executive lounge and very old rooms.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
There is already a thread on this property?

I had an excellent stay in late January. Rooms were not old at all.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:13 pm

Surely this wasn't worth a new thread.

This wasn't worth a new thread, and don't call me Shirley.

(Also, let's play a game - what competing property put this first-post writer up to trashing the hotel in question, thinking we would be oblivious enough to bite?)
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...rport-irl.html
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:05 pm

Am not from a competing hotel,
Rooms have not been updated in over 10 years apart from new TV's

New menu very expensive and more about presentation than quality

And Hilton drivers are being let go, i don't see that improving the customer experience , I am a HH Gold member
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
I cannot comment about the new menu.

It's true there is no lounge, this is the situation for all the Hilton hotels in Dublin.

I wouldn't describe the rooms as very old. Indeed the rooms at the Hilton DUB are not new and there is nothing particularly fancy but they are well kept and I often find a very good value for money for a stop due to an early flight.

Shuttle buses are good and drivers I met were all very professional and friendly. However, I found the schedule very infrequent sometimes and with the new setup this can possibly improve. It would be interesting who they will be sharing the service with.
Some hotels in DUB area (IHG, Travelodge) already have shared transportation in place.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:48 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Wow. They had told me that a new menu was being launched. Should have guessed that it wouldn't have been more competitively priced... :-/

I like the hotel personally, but these 2 actions definitely reduce its' benefit for many. Unfortunately it's the only HH points-earning option at DUB, so not a lot of option it seems.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's be honest. This hotel, like many other pre-merger blue Hiltons would not pass muster for the current brand standards. It's a dodgy reflag-DT at best and is good value with the frequent sales but shedding even the most minimal of benefits like the drinks vouchers made me reconsider. Come to think of it, my only good memory of this place was a certain promo code that was useful before the morning BD flight to LHR back in ca. 2010, IIRC 45 EUR.

Are any of the Dublin Hilton-brand hotels *REALLY* exceptional? Hilton Dublin is tired, Kilmainham is basic, the Conrad had CRT TVs when Travelodges had flat screens. I've stayed at all of them and none have impressed me. The only one that got away was the DT that they lost so I never did get to try the Guinness on tap in their EL.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:20 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
As a friendly reminder from their website:

From 1st August 2017 our shuttle bus operation will change. The shuttle bus will run every 30 mins (traffic permitting) from 04.00 am to 23.30 pm with seating for up to 28 people max. There will be a charge of EUR 5.00 per person return or EUR 3.00 per person one way.
Please see:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ire...PHI/index.html

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:21 pm

Well, that is an unwelcome.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Well, that is an unwelcome.
Indeed, the new shuttle charges are uncalled for IMHO, making the hotel overall less attractive from a value perspective, sadly so.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:33 pm

I've received some minor criticism in this thread before, admittedly probably well-deserved, in changing my value judgement of this hotel based on small things. For example: the loss of the drinks vouchers for Diamond members, the charge on the hotel shuttle (which was consistently waived for Gold and Diamond members). I can understand that this adds, at most 5.00 Euro to the hotel bill. However, I still think of it as unwelcome.

The 28-person seems larger than the ones that the hotel used before. Wasn't one of the smaller shuttles out-of-action for a while?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I've received some minor criticism in this thread before, admittedly probably well-deserved, in changing my value judgement of this hotel based on small things. For example: the loss of the drinks vouchers for Diamond members, the charge on the hotel shuttle (which was consistently waived for Gold and Diamond members). I can understand that this adds, at most 5.00 Euro to the hotel bill. However, I still think of it as unwelcome.

The 28-person seems larger than the ones that the hotel used before. Wasn't one of the smaller shuttles out-of-action for a while?
I can remember the "out of action" shuttle bus, it's good that they've a new and improved schedule, plus they've now larger shuttle buses, but at what cost? It's an outsourced service, it seems the hotel laid off the hotel [directly] employed bus/shuttle drivers and charges now even more than before, will Golds/Diamonds get these charges waived?

As the Hilton DUB doesn't offers any Executive lounge, doing away with the drink vouchers wasn't the best move in offering good value either IMHO.

Overall, the value proposition to prefer the Hilton DUB over other hotels at DUB is pretty weak now.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:57 am

I benefited from a free shuttle there and back earlier this year. Five euros return not a bad price compared to those Heathrow Hoppas, but still a disappointing development.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Try to avoid this hotel but stayed recently prior to an ex-DUB flight. I asked why they treated Diamonds so badly and the answer was they don't need to as they are always full. Last booking no room upgrade and just two bottles of water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.