Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Copenhagen Airport {DNK} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Copenhagen Airport {DNK} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2003, 3:15 pm

CPH=Copenhagen, Denmark
Old Dec 19, 2003, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FFSaver:
wow... where did you get this rate? I'm looking for a stay in early Dec. 03 and the lowest rate is around 1500-1600DKK (240 USD)</font>
Bump, because I too am interested in a lower rate if one exists...
Old Dec 28, 2003, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CVO 1K 2 Million:
Bump, because I too am interested in a lower rate if one exists...</font>
I have stayed there many times since the opening and am quite happy with the hotel.

Be warned that the club room is closed until January 6th 2004. Instead there are free drinks in the bar.

I cannot comment on the food of Horizon or Hamlet (the two restaurants) other than that Hamlet - the expensive one which is only open for dinner - has received great reviews in several places.

I had dinner from the Axis Bar & Lounge food menu last week, and I thought that was fine. Prices were okay too.

The property tend to have winter rates at 1250 DKK.

[This message has been edited by Goldlust (edited Dec 28, 2003).]
Old Nov 15, 2004, 9:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Question Copenhagen Hilton any tips?

We need to book an overnight at the CPH airport Hilton in Sept 05. We are flying in from SEA in the afternoon and have an overnight wait until we go to VCE at 11:30 the next day So far all the browsers are giving me the no rooms available message. Is it too early to check the rates? Is the hotel really totally booked this far out in advance?

Next question is how do I get a great deal on a Hilton room without status nor miles? I let my HH points lapse apparently to the point of nonexistance. HH doesn't even recognize our name in the system. Oh and no more credit cards my husband put the nix on that scheme after my recent Marriott and United cards arrived. He mumbled something about credit ratings if you order too many cards. I am not the financial brains only the travel maven of the family.

Are there any certificates to get for a lower price? Any codes like at Marriott? Should we even bother with staying at the Hilton? It sounds like a great location and lets us skip schlepping bags onto a train etc. We will be carrying our dressup clothes to a cruise in the Mediterrean (read lots of baggage)

I appreciate all the imput from these boards. Is there any hope of getting back lapsed miles? I can't even remember the last stay I had at a Hilton.

Many Thanks,
ijkh
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:59 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Originally Posted by ijkh
We need to book an overnight at the CPH airport Hilton in Sept 05.
Wow, that's planning ahead. You'll probably see some availability nearer the time. Shame you can't stay for longer than "overnight" as Copenhagen is well worth a visit and the Hilton is great. Next to the airport (although quiet inside), and with easy access to Copenhagen via fast/reliable train. In a few minutes you could be walking through a charming town with Tivoli Gardens, the Little Mermaid statue and Rosenburg Castle to name but three must sees.

At the Hilton, rooms are modern and comfortable (I went there two years ago), Exec lounge is very nice, and breakfast served in the restaurant was excellent. One of the better Hilton's that I've stayed in.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 7:28 am

I agree! If you do stay at the Hilton CPH, force yourself to go into the city...there is much to see even within 15 minutes walking in any direction from the main train station. If were you, I'd stay at a Scandic in the city to get a feel for the beauty that is Copenhagen...the train to the airport is only 25-30 minutes if I remember correctly?

I am a huge advocate of the Scandics around the train station -- Webers and Copenhagen...at 10,000 points a night including an incredible buffet breakfast, it simply cannot be beat...lodging in Copenhagen is quite expensive, even for a * or ** dump. I'd go for the Copenhagen -- Webers is a bit more charming and closer to the train station but only by a block or 2... the Scandic Copenhagen has a better breakfast.

Originally Posted by Travel The World
Wow, that's planning ahead. You'll probably see some availability nearer the time. Shame you can't stay for longer than "overnight" as Copenhagen is well worth a visit and the Hilton is great. Next to the airport (although quiet inside), and with easy access to Copenhagen via fast/reliable train. In a few minutes you could be walking through a charming town with Tivoli Gardens, the Little Mermaid statue and Rosenburg Castle to name but three must sees.

At the Hilton, rooms are modern and comfortable (I went there two years ago), Exec lounge is very nice, and breakfast served in the restaurant was excellent. One of the better Hilton's that I've stayed in.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 3:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, VS Silver, LH FTL, BMI Silver
The CPH Hilton is very nice, the rooms typically scandinavian, and has friendly and helpful staff. There is no difference between the standard rooms and those Executive rooms on the 11th and 12th floors. There are some slightly bigger rooms spread over the floors, which I think they class as Exec King Plus. and possibly some family rooms.

They have a full service restaurant but I have found the service fairly slow in there, so if you don't mind waiting for your food (which I have never been disappointed in) its fine. If you want something cheaper/faster they also have a self service buffet, with the usual salad bar and numerous hot food selections, as well a selection of desserts(my favourite being the creme brulee).

As everyone says its five minutes walk from Terminal 3 of CPH and even quicker if you don't use the covered walkway and just cross the road.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:03 am

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jtduarte
I agree! If you do stay at the Hilton CPH, force yourself to go into the city...there is much to see even within 15 minutes walking in any direction from the main train station. If were you, I'd stay at a Scandic in the city to get a feel for the beauty that is Copenhagen...the train to the airport is only 25-30 minutes if I remember correctly?

I am a huge advocate of the Scandics around the train station -- Webers and Copenhagen...at 10,000 points a night including an incredible buffet breakfast, it simply cannot be beat...lodging in Copenhagen is quite expensive, even for a * or ** dump. I'd go for the Copenhagen -- Webers is a bit more charming and closer to the train station but only by a block or 2... the Scandic Copenhagen has a better breakfast.

I look for Scandic's when I can. The Scandics in Copenhagen were all booked last time I was in town. We stayed at the Scandic in Malmo Sweden. it was a 20min train ride to downtown CPH, the hotel was very modern, cost low points and the breakfest was great!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Actually the previous post is a perfect argument for saying at the Hilton: short train ride in one direction to central Copenhagen, and a short train ride in the opposite direction of the same rail line to charming, easy-to-walk-in Malmö
Old Nov 19, 2004, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Actually the previous post is a perfect argument for saying at the Hilton: short train ride in one direction to central Copenhagen, and a short train ride in the opposite direction of the same rail line to charming, easy-to-walk-in Malmö
I agree ... especially if time is short and you want to see both places. If one plans to use trains to see more than just Malmo in Sweden, then being based in Malmo can be a marginally better convenience since in Malmo you often have to change trains if starting in CPH (depending on where you are going) and going to places beyond just Malmo. The same holds true for if one plans to see more in Denmark than just Copenhagen.

By the way, if you book your trains in advance and can arrange for getting your tickets delivered, then you can save a bit and then some on the longer train rides. [This is not applicable really for those whose destination is only Copenhagen or Malmo or both.]
Old Nov 19, 2004, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
We stayed at the Scandic Edderkoppen recently and it is also a great choice, and cheaper. It's a 5 min walk to the train station, and just a few stops into the city. It has nice rooms, a surprisingly good restaurant, and an EXCELLENT breakfast which is included (and includes great pastries!!!). Highly recommended. Though you shouldn't stay there if it's important to you that your hotel have a view, since it's on a fairly bland street.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by BaldEmu
We stayed at the Scandic Edderkoppen recently and it is also a great choice, and cheaper. It's a 5 min walk to the train station, and just a few stops into the city. It has nice rooms, a surprisingly good restaurant, and an EXCELLENT breakfast which is included (and includes great pastries!!!). Highly recommended. Though you shouldn't stay there if it's important to you that your hotel have a view, since it's on a fairly bland street.
Excuse me, but Scandic Edderkoppen is localized in Oslo
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Looks like it will be two nights in CPH

We hold tickets with a forced overnight (on award seats) both directions through CPH. The airport hilton is the place we want to be. I have a feeling this will be expensive due to our weak US dollar. Any tips on booking this with miles. I have no status or miles on HH but have other miles through Amex, Marriott, etc that I can move around if I need to do so. My husband says no to any more credit cards something about credit ratings . Is there an entertainment card discount or something else for this property? Any help is appreciated.

We probably will go into Copenhagen and Tivoli one visit and see Malmo the next time through. I understand both are charming and very accessable via train. We will be returning from a cruise and have too much luggage to carry it into town. I think the Hilton is our best bet. Thanks, Ilene
Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ijkh
We hold tickets with a forced overnight (on award seats) both directions through CPH. The airport hilton is the place we want to be. I have a feeling this will be expensive due to our weak US dollar. Any tips on booking this with miles. I have no status or miles on HH but have other miles through Amex, Marriott, etc that I can move around if I need to do so. My husband says no to any more credit cards something about credit ratings . Is there an entertainment card discount or something else for this property? Any help is appreciated.

We probably will go into Copenhagen and Tivoli one visit and see Malmo the next time through. I understand both are charming and very accessable via train. We will be returning from a cruise and have too much luggage to carry it into town. I think the Hilton is our best bet. Thanks, Ilene
If you have too much luggage to readily carry, then the Hilton Copenhagen is perfect since you can literally cart your belongings to the hotel. Good rates there? I have no idea for I never got great ones.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
Whoops - you're absolutely right. I meant the Scandic Sydhavnen. Color me embarassed. However if you ignore the whole wrong country, wrong city thing everything I said is true, and the Scandic Sydhavnen is a pretty good deal. (Scandic Edderkoppen is good too - just not useful for this thread ......... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.