Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

10 performing Hampton Inn hotels and top 10 Hampton Inn & Suites for 2005:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 performing Hampton Inn hotels and top 10 Hampton Inn & Suites for 2005:

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 6:03 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Thumbs up 10 performing Hampton Inn hotels and top 10 Hampton Inn & Suites for 2005:

Following are lists of the top 10 performing Hampton Inn hotels and top 10 Hampton Inn & Suites for 2005: :-: :-:
Hampton Inn:
• Hampton Inn, Perry, Fla.
• Hampton Inn, Jonesville/Elkin, N.C.
• Hampton Inn, Clinton, Mo.
• Hampton Inn, Boca Raton/Deerfield Beach, Fla.
• Hampton Inn, Atlanta/I-85 Gwinnett/Sugarloaf, Ga.
• Hampton Inn, Bartlesville, Okla.
• Hampton Inn, Lewisburg, W.V.
• Hampton Inn, Ithaca, N.Y.
• Hampton Inn, Ukiah, Calif.
• Hampton Inn, Mitchell, S.D.
Hampton Inn & Suites
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Montgomery-EastChase, Ala.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Chincoteague-Waterfront, Va.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Stillwater, Okla.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Outer Banks/Corolla, N.C.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Texarkana/Central Mall Area, Texas
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Spartanburg I-26-Westgate Mall, S.C.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Tallahassee I-10/Thomasville Rd, Fla.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Dothan, Ala.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Hazard, Ky.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront, S.C.

Hampton Announces Top Performing Hotels; 10 Hampton Inn, 10 Hampton Inn & Suites Recognized as Best of the Brand
Hampton, the national brand of mid-priced Hampton Inn and Hampton Inn & Suites(R) hotels, recently announced its top performing hotels at a series of conferences across the country. These hotels represent the very best of Hampton's more than 1,330 hotels nationwide.
The Hampton Inn-Perry, Fla. was recognized as the "best of the best" Hampton Inn hotel, based on the hotel's highest ranking among all Hampton Inn hotels for quality and guest satisfaction. The award criteria were based on customer feedback measured through guest satisfaction surveys on the hotel as well as product quality and service scores measured quarterly by the company.

The Hampton Inn Perry is located on the southern end of Perry, Florida along US Highway 19. The Perry-Foley Airport is just one mile south of this Florida hotel and downtown Perry, Florida is just 2 miles northeast of the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located near major industries, government agencies and numerous restaurants. Hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, exercise gym and business center and meeting facilities.

The Hampton Inn & Suites-Montgomery-EastChase, Ala. was recognized as the top performing Hampton Inn & Suites property. Located in Montgomery's exclusive EastChase area, the Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery EastChase hotel is adjacent to The Shoppes at EastChase, Montgomery's premier shopping venue including many major retailers and specialty stores. The hotel is also near many major business centers including the State Capitol, Auburn University at Montgomery and Maxwell and Gunter Air Force Bases. Hotel amenities include a heated outdoor pool with shady trellis and a putting green.

"The competition to be in the elite group of top performing Hamptons grows stronger each year as the brand continues to grow," said Phil Cordell, senior vice-president of Brand Management, Hampton. "Our top hotels stand out as great examples of what the brand offers to both business and leisure travelers."
Old Mar 18, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I wonder if this is US locations only. I don't know if this means that no non-US locations made the grade, or if they weren't included. By far the best Hampton I have stayed at is the Hampton Inn & Suites in Vancouver, BC.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 7:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djk7
I wonder if this is US locations only. I don't know if this means that no non-US locations made the grade, or if they weren't included. By far the best Hampton I have stayed at is the Hampton Inn & Suites in Vancouver, BC.
Probably US based my guess.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 8:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Not surprised the HI Ithaca NY made the list...that's a top quality hotel. I think the free chocolate chip cookies in the lobby is what puts them over the top!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:57 pm

I think the HI in Kansas City Plaza is one of the better ones I stayed in. Too bad they didn't make the list.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
The HI in Birmingham gets one of my votes.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Can we recommend HI's for the Top 10 worst? I have a few that might make the list!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have never had a nicer room than at the Hampton Inn, Ukiah, California. ^
Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:40 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Originally Posted by suzanneaustin
I assume not the BHM Irondale one?
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting almost all seem to be located south of the Mason-Dixon line.

MisterNice
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
Never would have believed

Hampton Inn and Suites in Stillwater, Ok made the top ten!! Wow, didn't think a hotel in Stillwater would make the top 10 anything (at least in any positive categories!)
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Following are lists of the top 10 performing Hampton Inn hotels and top 10 Hampton Inn & Suites for 2005: :-: :-:
Hampton Inn:
• Hampton Inn, Perry, Fla.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, Tallahassee I-10/Thomasville Rd, Fla.

Inn hotels for quality and guest satisfaction. The award criteria were based on customer feedback measured through guest satisfaction surveys on the hotel as well as product quality and service scores measured quarterly by the company.

The Hampton Inn Perry is located on the southern end of Perry, Florida along US Highway 19. The Perry-Foley Airport is just one mile south of this Florida hotel and downtown Perry, Florida is just 2 miles northeast of the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located near major industries, government agencies and numerous restaurants. Hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, exercise gym and business center and meeting facilities.
OK - I am game -- I will try to utilize this Perry location on a future trip. However, I am perplexed by the Tallahassee location landing a Top 10 since it has outside corridors. The two properties have one thing in common. Large college towns nearby. Any chance the guest surveys might be seeded? Interesting... Perry's proximity to downtown can't be the big draw. Does downtown have more amenities than the prerequisite horse's watertrough?
Old Mar 21, 2006, 4:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I was thinking the same thing. And I don't recall it being a "and Suites." Not a lot of food choices, unless Taco Bell and Waffle House works. (fine for me ). Just passed through there again and stayed at the HGI - busier area, with more food options.

Originally Posted by sallyerd
However, I am perplexed by the Tallahassee location landing a Top 10 since it has outside corridors.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I assume not the BHM Irondale one?
OMG, is that not the WORST? I couldn't wait to escape from there the next morning. Never again!

With apologies to Kenny, I meant the HI at the Colonnade.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:47 pm

...OMG, is that not the WORST? I couldn't wait to escape from there the next morning. Never again!
If there hadn't been such a HUGE price difference, I would not have stayed there either. But one apparently does get what one pays for

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Well, I stayed there last night. I will agree that the staff is nice.

But I also predict that this won't be a Hampton much longer.

The hotel is tired. Rooms have been re-done but the public areas are badly in need of updating. And there are some staff training issues that need to be undertaken: when I checked in, it took almost 20 minutes even though I was the only person there. The clerk kept answering the phone, and instead of saying "Can you hold, please" would have long conversations with the caller. Over the entrance doors (which are two seats of heavy, fast-closing doors) there is a speaker playing loud music. Odd smell to the lobby area. When I got the bathmat out, there was a cigarette burn hole in it.

Not a terrible experience, but not up to par with most Hamptons these days.

There is also something wrong with the wifi. My computer simply would not connect even after I called the support line. They of course claimed it was the computer. I reinstalled my wifi connection and still no joy. But it's working fine this morning here at BHM. The front desk does have wireless bridges available which did work, thankfully.

There are much newer choices in the area.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...92&postcount=7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.